• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a lottery pick or 2.

ATLscrubLove

I consider myself the pseudo authority on draft matters around these parts...

Lotto picks in this draft are irrelevant as the 8th or 9th pick is no different than the 15th or 16th pick. Meaning it's likely you get just as productive player if not more talented one in the mid rounds than in the late top 10. Losing to Houston both times was a blessing in disguise for us. We should get the two picks in the 15-20 range.

Players that should fall within range of that slot and can help us are KCP, Tony Mitchell, Hardaway Jr., Gobert, Olynyk. Withey. Ferry going by last years draft can reach for guys and there is a Korver Klone in the draft.

We need a slasher and a rebounder this off season. I suspect we can get a future scoring option in the draft, but we have to get some toughness and basketball IQ on this team as well. To do that, we are going to have to dip in the FA market or make a sound trade.

I consider myself the pseudo authority on draft matters around these parts...

Lotto picks in this draft are irrelevant as the 8th or 9th pick is no different than the 15th or 16th pick. Meaning it's likely you get just as productive player if not more talented one in the mid rounds than in the late top 10. Losing to Houston both times was a blessing in disguise for us. We should get the two picks in the 15-20 range.

Players that should fall within range of that slot and can help us are KCP, Tony Mitchell, Hardaway Jr., Gobert, Olynyk. Withey. Ferry going by last years draft can reach for guys and there is a Korver Klone in the draft.

I like Mitchell and to a lesser extent Gobert (because he's really thin) and Olynyk (because he's not a great defender/rebounder).

I also agree that there's plenty of fairly even talent between the 6-20ish range, with a handful of high-end talents at the top, so it'd be nice to acquire a lottery pick somehow to give us a shot at one of the top guys or to trade up to get one.

Of the top guys, Noel has some potential as a defensive guy. He reminds me of Ibaka, but Noel's kind of thin. Shabazz is sick as a SG/SF and McClemore has a stroke as a 2 guard. Len has some talent but I'm not sure how much up-side he has. Zeller reminds me of Bosh/Aldridge, and finally Burke could be a really nice PG (though he could also just be solid). I'd like to pick up one of them if we can.

If we can get a true wing player then we will be find. We either need a scorer or defender. I like Victor Oladipo. He is athletic and is an amazing defender. Him and Teague would be the most athletic backcourt in the league. I've been watching Trey Burke and I want him a lot. He can score and pass. I just don't know if he would get PT if LD is still the coach.

No way we take Olynik, Mitchell, Hardaway, Gobert or Withey ahead of Porter, Goodwin, Robinson, Mcdoo, Burke, Poythress or even Franklin, should be a no brainer. I would like to have Porter or Goodwin and Burke and think we have a decent chance to do it, we will probably choose 13 & 18.