• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

7 Questions Concerning the Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

Taking the Hawks Temperature  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This may sound crazy but I think Devin Harris should be in that MVP race. I have notice and have being saying out. ..when he plays our offense plays a lot faster. when I get time I'm going to check our records with him in the lineup and when he did not play.With him starting I can't recall a time that we came out slow.If you remember in that big come back against Boston he did not start the first half but he started the second half.With Devin on/healthy and KK playing his ball we will be fun to watch after the All Star break.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 3

We should make a move by the trade deadline! I'm not talking about landscape changing moves, but with all exp. contracts it would be wise to try to get some draft picks / talents... Just in case we're able to land one or two superstars (max or near max players), we'll need pieces to complete the roster...

• Moderators

This may sound crazy but I think Devin Harris should be in that MVP race.I have notice and have being saying out. ..when he plays our offense plays a lot faster.when I get time I'm going to check our records with him in the lineup and when he did not play.With him starting I can't recall a time that we came out slow.If you remember in that big come back against Boston he did not start the first half but he started the second half.With Devin on/healthy and KK playing his ball we will be fun to watch after the All Star break.

I agree with you. I'd love to keep Harris but the in and out is kind of a red flag. If he was willing to stay here as a backup point at a reasonable salary that would be nice. He seems to have the personality to fit in. The only issue i see is having him and Lou is a lot of playing time for small guards that aren't good defenders.

• Like 1

Where was the option for "hell no" on Dwight? I love Al, but he hasn't gotten to the level I expected of him in his career to this point. The production MVPs are clearly Jeff and Josh, but my favorites on this squad are Ivan and Kyle. They are the MVPs of momentum, energy, and fan support. They deserve handsome contracts for their contributions.

We should make a move by the trade deadline! I'm not talking about landscape changing moves, but with all exp. contracts it would be wise to try to get some draft picks / talents... Just in case we're able to land one or two superstars (max or near max players), we'll need pieces to complete the roster...

If you trade away the expiring contracts then there is no cap space to sign max, or near max, players.

This may sound crazy but I think Devin Harris should be in that MVP race.I have notice and have being saying out. ..when he plays our offense plays a lot faster.when I get time I'm going to check our records with him in the lineup and when he did not play.With him starting I can't recall a time that we came out slow.If you remember in that big come back against Boston he did not start the first half but he started the second half.With Devin on/healthy and KK playing his ball we will be fun to watch after the All Star break.

Can't be the MVP when you've missed as many games as he has. I believe I read that we are 8-9 without Harris in the lineup, or something like that. You are right that we play a lot faster with him in the lineup, but he cannot be counted on to stay healthy.

If you trade away the expiring contracts then there is no cap space to sign max, or near max, players.

Unless we trade for lesser value expiring contracts plus draft picks as compensation for them.

• Premium Member

Ivan Johnson? LOL this is a career CBA level player. I know this is a favorite because of his huslte, but he is not even in the conversation. Maybe a 8 or 10th player on the team, but nothing more, lol

Ivan Johnson? LOL this is a career CBA level player. I know this is a favorite because of his huslte, but he is not even in the conversation. Maybe a 8 or 10th player on the team, but nothing more, lol

Why would you not want Ivan Johnson re-signed? He does absolutely everything you could want out of a backup PF and seems to know his role pretty well. He'll be cheap and he's an effective rebounder and scorer off of the bench and he brings a toughness that most of this team lacks.

• Like 1