• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to our Old Friend Sekou

phoostal

According to Sekou Smith (old hawks beat writer - now working for NBA TV/.COM) who was just on NBA TV. He thinks Josh will be traded. He also added these tid bits. He claims Josh and his people behind closed doors with Ferry and the Hawks have never asked for the max. He also says Josh gets along with Joe Johnson. That is why he thinks he will go to Brooklyn.

Now this might be spin control by Josh's people to Sekou. Meaning spread the idea I never asked for the max and that I get along with teammates. Just speculating not saying that is the actual case.

Sekou also doesn't blame Ferry for making the trade as Ferry wants the players he wants and is having to clean up the mess of past GM's. He also thinks the fans in Atlanta and the media are unfair to Josh by making him the scapegoat for everything.

This is why I think he is the mouth piece for Josh. If Sekou doesn't realize Josh brings this upon himself he is crazy. I'm not saying everything is to be blamed on Josh, but after watching Sekou it seemed like an infomercial on Josh's behalf. He didn't really seem to be fair on both sides, but he does live in Atlanta and probably has to see Josh all the time so probably doesn't want any beef.

I think that Josh and Joe got along well from what I remember. It wouldn't surprise me if this is some type of spin control though. No way we'll be trading with Brooklyn unless they find a 3rd team to take Humphries while giving us back something Ferry would want.

• Like 2

I think that Josh and Joe got along well from what I remember. It wouldn't surprise me if this is some type of spin control though. No way we'll be trading with Brooklyn unless they find a 3rd team to take Humphries while giving us back something Ferry would want.

If Kris was the double-double machine he's been the past 2 seasons, would we mind paying him $12 million next season? I think that's the part that sucks here. Kris could seriously address a problem we have in ATL (rebounding) even though it leaves Al at Center and Marshon gives us a talented young SG to develop. Oh well.

If Kris was the double-double machine he's been the past 2 seasons, would we mind paying him $12 million next season? I think that's the part that sucks here. Kris could seriously address a problem we have in ATL (rebounding) even though it leaves Al at Center and Marshon gives us a talented young SG to develop. Oh well.

I don't think he's worth giving up the opportunity to use that cap space on a better player. I would much rather take that money into the off-season and use a most of it on Pekovic or half of it and sign Dalembert than to pay that to Humphries that much.

• Like 3

I don't think he's worth giving up the opportunity to use that cap space on a better player. I would much rather take that money into the off-season and use a most of it on Pekovic or half of it and sign Dalembert than to pay that to Humphries that much.

You and me both brother! I was only bringing out the point that some of us on this board considered trading Josh for Kris and Marshon this past off-season. I honestly don't remember where I was on the subject personally since I love Josh's talent so much but get so frustrated by him at other times.

Pekovic or Jefferson would be a little less or a little more and be much better. Don't waste cap space on humphries. He's NOT bad BUT we would have to get some other SERIOuS parts to go with him to make it worth while

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Brooklyn offer is the one the Hawks should take. They'd have to be really HIGH on Brooks to think about it seriously.

Pekovic would be a dream come true.

Oh man that was just horrible!

You and me both brother! I was only bringing out the point that some of us on this board considered trading Josh for Kris and Marshon this past off-season. I honestly don't remember where I was on the subject personally since I love Josh's talent so much but get so frustrated by him at other times.

Humphries is actually a pretty good player, or at least he was last year, but he's not a 12 million a year player.

Pekovic or Jefferson would be a little less or a little more and be much better. Don't waste cap space on humphries. He's NOT bad BUT we would have to get some other SERIOuS parts to go with him to make it worth while

I would pay Jefferson 12 million or so, but only if I struck out on signing Pekovic first. That kid would be an absolute beast in the east and he's already tearing it up in the west.

Oh man that was just horrible!

Humphries is actually a pretty good player, or at least he was last year, but he's not a 12 million a year player.

And Joe was and never will be an 18 million or whatever he makes annually either. The NBA is full of over paid players. It's the nature of the beast.

Sekou seems to have more Hawks info now than when he was the beatwriter. I call BS and he always seems to go easy on Josh.

Wow...LMBO! C'mon man! This sounds like the "dad always like the other brother more" story. lol

Look at this boards' history this year. When we lose you see nothing but blame Josh threads. You can't find that to be strange?

Anyways... I have said, I too believe Josh will take less. As I have stated over and over. Josh loves your team more than any NBA player.

We will have Dwight Howard playing by his side. There will be no trade of Josh.

Oh man that was just horrible! Humphries is actually a pretty good player, or at least he was last year, but he's not a 12 million a year player.

i dont know whats wrong with hawks fans, we are not going to get equal value so we might as well get a hustle player which i think humphries is.if not satisfird with him rhen whats wrong with wallace i think his contracy is a little cheaper at 10 million.he is anothe rgood hustle player that can hit you the occasional jumpshot.

i dont know whats wrong with hawks fans, we are not going to get equal value so we might as well get a hustle player which i think humphries is.if not satisfird with him rhen whats wrong with wallace i think his contracy is a little cheaper at 10 million.he is anothe rgood hustle player that can hit you the occasional jumpshot.

Because we can get better players in FA the next 2 years with that money. For 12 million we can get a Marc Gasol lite in Pekovic or for a little more we can the Al Jefferson and both are vastly superior to Humphries or Wallace.

• Moderators

Humphries is the type of player that destroys dreams in the NBA - a mediocre player who takes up so much of the cap that he prevents you from really building. He is a guy 75% of the teams in the league would feel was disposable on their roster but he would be paid like a franchise foundation player.

The only way you trade for him is if you think his expiring contract next year will be a significant trade asset and you don't think you are going to need the space this offseason.