• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sentimental or not, this sucks

ATL_BALLER

• Premium Member

Danny held onto Josh too long and now he is going to get pennies on the dollar. He sould have shipped him out in November or December. Josh is like a used car at this point and not worth much at all. If DF had the idea that Josh had a lot of value around the league he was sadenly mistaken.

I dont think he gets dealt. Monta Ellis is a bad trade, on the par with Josh talent wise, extremely physically gifted but doesnt have the smarts to go with it.

A hometown kid with the pac-man logo tattooed on his arm didn't realize his (nor the team's) full potential - and now, barring a last-minute miracle, we're selling him off at .50 on the dollar.

When you're a Hawks fan, we have to grab onto anything positive. Toss this one on the ever-growing pile of bitterness and disappointment.

I will say that I have faith in Danny F; let's hope this day proves to be a turning point for this moribund franchise.

I share your sentiments man...

I'm personally torn on these trade speculations, mostly because I understand that a team cannot take that step forward by subtracting talent, plus I still believe that Smoove and Al present unique dynamic combo that I would build on...

P.S. I know Josh ain't Nique, but I just don't like trading away our own...

I agree. It sucks. Hearing 'let's go heat' all friggin game is even worse. Ferry has his work cut out trying to fix this franchise. If there is no good deal then just wait. a lot can change in 4 months.

Good call. I can't wait for the off-season: I think Ferry will do something drastic when the time is right.

I feel like a friend of mine had a very interesting take on Josh earlier today:

There is no denying he was fun to watch. And when we were playing the Celts in the playoffs the first time (2008), it was awesome to watch Mike Bibby lob alley-oops to him on the fly. The Hawks were built the wrong way. It's only partly Smith's fault. If he was on a different team, I could see his career arc totally changing. But Joe Johnson was never a leader, and could not take Smith under his wings. Mike Woodson - although he tried - sure as hell could not control him (maybe b/c Woodson had no coaching stature). Marvin was lost and clueless, and this team really has never had an identity. As a result, Smith doesn't really have an identity. Is he a post player? Is he a jump-shooter? He is just an athletic PF? What exactly is he? I don't think he even knows. At this point, he's like a hyped out Stacey Augmon with zero All-Star appearances.

• Moderators

A hometown kid with the pac-man logo tattooed on his arm didn't realize his (nor the team's) full potential - and now, barring a last-minute miracle, we're selling him off at .50 on the dollar.

I agree 100%. It makes me sad because I had hopes he would one day "get it" and become a true star for this team. I will continue rooting for Josh but I feared the minute I knew that LD was coming back that it was only a matter of time before we would have to cut Josh and his long jumpers loose.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. It makes me sad because I had hopes he would one day "get it" and become a true star for this team. I will continue rooting for Josh but I feared the minute I knew that LD was coming back that it was only a matter of time before we would have to cut Josh and his long jumpers loose.

Completely agree. Are they any young athletes from Atlanta that aren't headcases? These big babies are giving us a bad name!

Josh had a clean slate from me coming into the season and I haven't been impressed with what he's done. I expected a more disciplined Josh, a more consistent Josh in the things that he does well. A guy given the keys as the lead dog, face of the franchise playing for a max deal - and I have been dissapointed. He doesn't get 'IT'. He has million dollar talent but a 10 cent head.