• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats to Ferry

phoostal

Not that I care if we kept or traded J. Smith, but I have to give credit to Ferry for not taking a bad trade. Even if Smith leaves we still will have that cap space. Rather than have crap players.

On a side note Smith's biggest fan Sekou is reporting Josh will not sign with Atlanta in the off season because he doesn't want to be here (feels disrespected by the organization over the years). If that is truly the case screw him. If you don't want to be here I don't want you here. I'm a hawks fan and I want to win championships. If Smith can't understand that he needs to go. If he wants to stay and take a reasonable contract so we can add other valuable pieces to build a championship team, I will welcome him with open arms.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd rather let him walk than take an Ellis type deal but it is tough to think we couldn't get anything of real value. On the plus side, that might mean that he won't see close to the market he expects this summer and if all those other teams "disrespect" him then that could open up other possibilities for keeping him a team friendly price or dealing him in a S&T to someone that doesn't have the cap room to sign him outright.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, the NBA is a business first. Letting Josh walk only gives us more greenbacks to throw at a true max player. One who's also smart enougn to know that Josh isn't a 'ship type of guy and would rather not play with him like his AAU buddies.We now have to endure two months of Josh trying to prove himself to everybody who doubts him, which is in the millions.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

At the end of the day, the NBA is a business first. Letting Josh walk only gives us more greenbacks to throw at a true max player. One who's also smart enougn to know that Josh isn't a 'ship type of guy and would rather not play with him like his AAU buddies.

We now have to endure two months of Josh trying to prove himself to everybody who doubts him, which is in the millions.

Randolph Morris? Posted Image

I wonder if Josh stops shooting 75-footers to "prove himself?" What a waste of talent.

Not that I care if we kept or traded J. Smith, but I have to give credit to Ferry for not taking a bad trade. Even if Smith leaves we still will have that cap space. Rather than have crap players. On a side note Smith's biggest fan Sekou is reporting Josh will not sign with Atlanta in the off season because he doesn't want to be here (feels disrespected by the organization over the years). If that is truly the case screw him. If you don't want to be here I don't want you here. I'm a hawks fan and I want to win championships. If Smith can't understand that he needs to go. If he wants to stay and take a reasonable contract so we can add other valuable pieces to build a championship team, I will welcome him with open arms.

Not that I care if we kept or traded J. Smith, but I have to give credit to Ferry for not taking a bad trade. Even if Smith leaves we still will have that cap space. Rather than have crap players.

I agree you cannot let Smith go for a bad deal he may walk at the end of the year -- but if he does not, and you attract a very good player and get a decent draft choice, at least you have a good team, maybe not great, but at least a good team. This team went for seven years plus without making the playoffs --/ stripping down the team and starting all over is getting tougher and tougher with the way free agency works. We will have plenty of cap space but do any free agents want to play here. I don't think the market for Josh Smith If he ask for a max deal is going to be that hot. You better hope there's another Manu out there somewhere a late first-round pick that turns out to be a gem