• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The rejected deal

JohnnyCASH

• Premium Member

So it's better to pass up 2 players and a 1st for nothing? I would have taken the 1st alone.

• Premium Member

Dejay, on 21 Feb 2013 - 15:54, said:

If that was the proposed deal, I shudder to think of what they'll be offered this summer in a SNT...

How do we know Josh will play nice?

Didn't know a protected lottery pick is special? We already have two of those this year in a crap draft. The other players are bench players that are average at best. Rather let him walk and keep the cap space.

• Moderators

So it's better to pass up 2 players and a 1st for nothing? I would have taken the 1st alone.

The first alone would be far more valuable than that package.

Udoh is due 4.7M next season and Mbah is owed 9M after this year (4.5M each of the next two seasons)

• Like 3

How do we know Josh will play nice?

Who cares if he plays nice. If he walks we keep the flexibility of the cap space. If we don't get a sign and trade we like let him walk again.

And still expect other gm's to take you seriously when they know you will fold if offered the weakest deal possible?

Oh, so we're more about appearances now than actually receiving compensation for a player?

We're letting a player walk for nothing, when we could have gotten 2 players and a 1st round pick.

• Premium Member

The first alone would be far more valuable than that package. Udoh is due 4.7M next season and Mbah is owed 9M after this year (4.5M each of the next two seasons)

Seems the 1st was a cherry for taking the bad contracts.