• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach of the Future

TheFuzz

Ferry's decision on who coaches next year might be his biggest decision yet, as it goes hand in hand with whether we resign Josh and whether we get a hold of Howard. If we sign one or both of those players, we have to sign a coach that they will listen to. Honestly, I don't know who that is.

I know Drew has a lot of haters, but I think he's a solid coach. I'm willing to roll with Drew but not if we're keeping Smith. I like the Van Gundies even more but Howard won't listen to them. Josh might not either. I'd go for Stan Van Gundy if we're not signing Howard personally. Stan has never coached a losing team and he knows how to handle 3 point shooters.

Thoughts? Who should coach our team next year?

• Moderators

Jeff Van Gundy. Solid coach with loads of experience. Has been out of coaching for a while, but I think he is just waiting for another opportunity. Had a rant about Howard in which he said that he'd absolutely love to have the opportunity to coach him. We definitely need a guy that has been around a while and has the track record and name that demands respect. David Blatt is another name that comes to mind. Anybody but Mike Brown.

Ferry's decision on who coaches next year might be his biggest decision yet, as it goes hand in hand with whether we resign Josh and whether we get a hold of Howard. If we sign one or both of those players, we have to sign a coach that they will listen to. Honestly, I don't know who that is.

I know Drew has a lot of haters, but I think he's a solid coach. I'm willing to roll with Drew but not if we're keeping Smith. I like the Van Gundies even more but Howard won't listen to them. Josh might not either. I'd go for Stan Van Gundy if we're not signing Howard personally. Stan has never coached a losing team and he knows how to handle 3 point shooters.

Thoughts? Who should coach our team next year?

I would take a Van Gundy any day of the week over LD. With that being said, if you still think their is a change were signing D12, I want some of what your smokin. Also, there is no way that Smoove will resign here unless we actually throw him the max. After how hard we tried to move him, he knows its in his best decision to take his talents elsewhere.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Dwight is to come - Patrick Ewing as the coach? he helped develop him in Orlando..I personally hope that he doesn't come to ATL.

Otherwise - Mike Budenholzer (San Antonio Assistant under Pop for many years) or Phil Johnson (Utah assistant under Sloan for many years).