• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why didn't Mookie show up for his award?

Blunt91

Common knowledge to those of us around in the late 80s and early 90s...........Pearl Jam originally named their band Mookie Blaylock before they had Eddie Vedder and for a while after adding Eddie Vedder.

Ha! I was gonna post this trivia too. I remember watching the Eddie Vedder interview where he talked about how they named the band Mookie Blaylock simply because they loved him as a college player.

• Moderators

I don't think he likes the Hawks. They made a big deal about trading Smitty to a contender to 'do right' by him and discarded Mookie to Golden State which was pitiful.

Remember that game, i think against Orlando where we made up a 15 point deficit in the last 2 minutes because Mookie kept stealing the ball from them. It was unbelievable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think he likes the Hawks. They made a big deal about trading Smitty to a contender to 'do right' by him and discarded Mookie to Golden State which was pitiful.

Remember that game, i think against Orlando where we made up a 15 point deficit in the last 2 minutes because Mookie kept stealing the ball from them. It was unbelievable.

I remember watching that game! It was Orlando and I remember being down 10 with less than a minute to go. It was comically epic that we came back!

The worst thing that happened to Mookie, waswhen the nba moved the 3pt line a couple of feetfor a few seasons .He started taking a ton ofthrees then.After a few seasons they moved the line back to the original spot.He couldn't shoot as well from there, but those were theonly kind of shots he would take. I think all he would practice was 3pt shooting because he couldmake lay ups anymore.Dude would pick someone'spocket, then drive for a layup and miss an uncontested fingerroll.

umor is Mookie sold Nique a 3-piece crush velet suit.

Kevin has a suit business and he said he sold Nique 3 of em. I'm sure he got the money up front, and I'm sure Nique wouldn't try Kevin and swing on him like he did homeboy last year. Kevin looked like he could still give us 10 minutes on the glass with the classic Ninja Turtle Guns.