• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver Open to Returning to Bulls

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Another point to Korver's age is that he is at that point in his career where he is either looking to get paid, to start digging in and winning titles. Do you think he wants to play the rest of his years in a Hawks uniform? Or do you think he'd rather jump ship and join up with the Bulls, the team he was a fan of when he was a kid and has a mass amount of respect for, for a chance to win a title with D-Rose? As much as we like Korver around here, don't get your hopes up on him staying...

Another point to Korver's age is that he is at that point in his career where he is either looking to get paid, to start digging in and winning titles. Do you think he wants to play the rest of his years in a Hawks uniform? Or do you think he'd rather jump ship and join up with the Bulls, the team he was a fan of when he was a kid and has a mass amount of respect for, for a chance to win a title with D-Rose? As much as we like Korver around here, don't get your hopes up on him staying...

Maybe if we beat the Bulls in the playoffs... Oh damn did I say that out loud? Edited by HawkFan

He also mentioned that the Bulls had good fans..is he implying that Hawks fans aren't good.........I've been a loyal Hawks fan forever but I'm disgusted with our fans chanting for the opposing team...smh And please don't tell me about putting a winner out there that they could get behind because that's just bs...the golden state warriors have sucked for 20 years and have some of the most loyal and loudest home court in the league...makes me sick.

In the new CBA Korver's 5 million a year is about right. Korver can simply shoot like a sniper. That is an extremely valuable commodity. But make no mistake. Lou Williams signed for 5 mil. There's a reason. Korver is a suspect defender and a poor ball handler for a 2, he's no where big enough to start as a 3 consistently. He isn't a slasher. He's a great floor spacer and extremely smart player but in today's athletic NBA his defense can leader to insanely easy possessions by the other team.

I love me some Korver but there is a reason a 2nd round pick bought him last year. 5 million is more than 1/12th the salary cap. Korver doesn't excite fans till they see him night in and night out and like Bibby age will slow him down in the future. He's looking at 5 million if he wants to play for a winner. 8 million if he's willing to go to a team that needs bodies.

Mathmatical fact: You can't have more than 100% because that's all there is.

Rose is saying, I've got to be 110% of being perfect. Hah. Let him try. We hear

all these otherwise smart people who don't really know their math.

We hear: That player gives 120% all the time. Bullfeathers. We know what they

really mean, they strive to reach 100% but, since that would be absolutely perfect,

they can't really do that.

I sincerely hope we can retain Korver. He's good!

I think our chance of retaining Korver is 110%.

Actually, I'm more concerned about the draw Korver has to Thibideau (sp) relative to Drew. Drew has "let Korver play" but somehow I think Korver prefers the on the court discipline Thib holds all his players to and if probably irked by the lack of it here.

That says a lot about Drew. Mind you, I'm not certain who is the next Thibs or who would represent him without having the players tune him out in a few years.

W

• Moderators

Still wish we had this guy: when he was hot, he was hot (although he was ice-cold when he wasn't). Still my favorite all-time Hawk, just because he never saw a shot he didn't like.

Wow. Favorite all-time Hawk? His offense was fun to watch and he had fun watching the other team's offense. Drove me crazy.

Wow. Favorite all-time Hawk? His offense was fun to watch and he had fun watching the other team's offense. Drove me crazy.

Hard to believe, I know, but he didn't shy away from the big shot. That buzzer-beater against the Suns blew me away! Before him, I didn't have one favorite player, but after the last game, it'll probably be The Boss from now on.

First off, I'm extremely disappointed that the NBA doesn't have a rule in place that will fine players for talking about playing for other teams in the middle of the season. I'm sick of NBA players on teams saying they want to be a Laker, Bull or Heat in the middle of the season. That should be saved until free agency.

Now that Korver has openly announced he would be open to returning to Chicago, there's a slim chance he will be in a Hawks uniform next year. Korver is starting to excel in this system and fills a role on this team. Realistically if the Bulls make Korver an offer why would he stay with Atlanta? He enjoyed playing in the Mad House and Rose returns next year. That team is going to be exciting again. In fact, someone like Korver would most likely take less money to play for a prestigious team such as Chicago.

Mark my word, Korver will be a Chicago Bull next year since Rose was a huge fan of his. Too bad because Korver is a good player...

Holy shit guys, looks like we are f***ed for next season! Check out what Kyle had to say about Utah:

Excited to be back in Utah, really enjoyed my time here. Looking forward to see you all tomorrow night.

https://twitter.com/KyleKorver/status/306454592642760705

We are so screwed, there is no way we can keep Kyle when we have to compete against Utah and Chicago! He is sooooo totally going to sign with Utah now and there is nothing we can do about it!! I knew we should have traded him at the deadline and gotten something for him!

• Moderators

Holy shit guys, looks like we are f***ed for next season! Check out what Kyle had to say about Utah:

Excited to be back in Utah, really enjoyed my time here. Looking forward to see you all tomorrow night.

https://twitter.com/KyleKorver/status/306454592642760705

We are so screwed, there is no way we can keep Kyle when we have to compete against Utah and Chicago! He is sooooo totally going to sign with Utah now and there is nothing we can do about it!! I knew we should have traded him at the deadline and gotten something for him!

Bull's Fans: Posted Image

Aren't the Bulls in a tight spot regarding the cap? That's the whole reason they traded Korver for the cash in the first place. If that is still the case this summer, it is going to be difficult for the Bulls to offer an attractive salary to Korver.

• Moderators

Aren't the Bulls in a tight spot regarding the cap? That's the whole reason they traded Korver for the cash in the first place. If that is still the case this summer, it is going to be difficult for the Bulls to offer an attractive salary to Korver.

They have the MLE on their side correct?

He barely said anything positive about the Hawks, all the praises go to his former team. It is a little bit disappointing, but I can't totally blame him. Apparently, as an organization, we are not as desirable as the Bulls. And that is the problem exactly. The challenge is turning this organization to a desirable one. We don't just need good free agents. We need better ownership, better coaching, better management. It is not impossible, Falcons did that...

They have the MLE on their side correct?

Yea, I have no idea. My question was for the experts around here. I'm certainly no expert, just a fan.

That's why I like this board. I can post my clueless questions and typically get a great answer (and a bit of ribbing). Posted Image