• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PLAN "B"

T21

The plan i would like us to do is differant than most. Let smoove walk, get a bruising rebounding center that can run the floor, get a scoring wing who isnt ball dominant.Move horford to full time pf and continue to let him develop as option as option 1a/1b with teague or the scoring wing if he is better than teague.

I would cosign if I knew the names to go with the desciptions.

If that wing is Paul George and that center D. Jordan................count me in. Problem is Georgia will be a RFA in 2014. So its a tough gamble we get him. Iggy is aging fast for my taste.

Maybe we luck out and strike gold in the draft.

Edited by coachx

This year there are quite a few big men available though. If we're getting a "true center", this may be the year for it. Dwight, Pekovic, Bynum, Jefferson, and maybe even Hickson falls in that category of headliners with lesser guys like Dalembert, Kaman, & Co. rounding out the available options.

• Premium Member

Q-Man

Whats going on Lang, I hope all is well on your end.

1. Teague is the key to Hawks, Im concerned that he doesnt attack and play his game when we play the elite teams.The kid has come along way, but now he must develope that killer mind set(your thoughts)

2.Are we (next season)trying to add that superstar to put with Josh,Al and teague in the off season. (I wouldnt mine keeping Kover and Harris on my bench)

3. Drew is a better coach then I gave him credit for, but it seem as though he come up short against the elite teams(as Teague 1 above). Is he still interview for his job next season

[*]

Lang Greene

What’s up Hoop Freaks? Smell that? It is the sweet smell of the NBA turning up the intensity. Teams are getting testy. Teams are battling for playoff spots or home court advantage. Free agents to be are motivated to end the season strong. Yes, indeed the season is coming into focus. Let’s get after it …

What’s good 3Q? Thanks for the note.

1. Jeff Teague has been strong this season. Very strong. It still remains to be seen if he is truly a guy with elite level floor vision, but in the (motion) system he plays I think he’s getting the most out of his game. Also, I don’t see Teague shying away from the bright lights. The kid has hit big shots … but he usually defers to the team leaders down the stretch

2. People look up and see the Hawks have $35+ million in salary cap room and automatically assume Danny Ferry is going to cash that in this summer. I disagree. I’ve spoken with Danny on this topic and I don’t get the idea he’s going to be a loose spender. The Hawks hired him with a long term plan in mind, getting the team to be viewed in a different light. I can see him using some of the money this summer but tucking away a strong portion for future use.

3. Drew is a good coach. But at the end of the day you can only win at the level of talent you have. The Hawks get beat by elite teams because they’re not an elite team. Nor should they be considered one. I’d called this latest installment an overachieving crew.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-22713/#4fcKjPAuy1G3JvVZ.99

"Defers to the team leaders down the stretch".... Dear lord...such a powerful statement to me right there. I'm sure there are a ton of others that see it too.

"Long term plan to change how the team is viewed." - That right there has had me excited from day one. I am far more intrigued by what Danny was talking about when he came in than by any single move he's made to date (to include dumping JJ). This (hopefully) means that the man understands that a MAJOR culture shift and a change in the operational mentality must occur. That is the best Hawks news I've heard in decades.

Jefferson is what Big Dog was to the 2003 Atlanta Hawks. It looks good on paper, so much so Babcock would issue a money back guarantee but I see major chemistry issues with him.

There are no more Shaqs and Mings to deal with and a classic sized center is not a real priority. I mistake Splitter for a Euro guy but he's Brazilian. Ferry should know pretty quickly in the process what direction SAS will take with him.

He's up there in age but his body hasn't been beat up with NBA minutes.

I still think Ferry believes he has a legit shot at Dwight for whatever reason.

I think he still does. If the Lakers don't make the playoffs this year (which is a strong possibility) and we make some noise in the playoffs (which is less probable) I think Dwight might give us a second look.
  • Like 1

Jefferson is what Big Dog was to the 2003 Atlanta Hawks. It looks good on paper, so much so Babcock would issue a money back guarantee but I see major chemistry issues with him.

There are no more Shaqs and Mings to deal with and a classic sized center is not a real priority. I mistake Splitter for a Euro guy but he's Brazilian. Ferry should know pretty quickly in the process what direction SAS will take with him.

He's up there in age but his body hasn't been beat up with NBA minutes.

Apples and Oranges comparisons are like SF and C comparisons. SFs are a dime a dozen compared to big men with legit offensive post game and 10+ rpg.

The fact there are no more Shaqs and Mings is what makes Jefferson so special. We don't need him to defend Shaq or Ming. Your missing the boat with that statement........we need him to bully Bosh and the Heat in a 7 game playoff series.

The Art of War my friend. You attack the enemy's weakness with your strength..........not strength against strength / trasition run game vs. transition run game.

We simply see through a different lense......and thats OK.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I still think Ferry believes he has a legit shot at Dwight for whatever reason.

If we make the 2nd round of the playoffs while Dwight is sitting an home watching the playoffs on his couch...............the though of wearing a Hawks uniform would have to creep into him mind.

If we can dodge Miami in the 2nd round and make it to the ECF we might even make it into his dreams.

Apples and Oranges comparisons are like SF and C comparisons.

The fact there are no more Shaqs and Mings is what makes Jefferson special. SFs are a dime a dozen compared to big men with legit offensive post game and 10+ rpg.

There's absolutely nothing special about Jefferson. He gets his numbers but he gives it up on the other end. He's going to demand 13-15 million a year most likely and his trade value will be non existent. That lesson learned from the Marvin, Joe, and Kirk trades shouldn't be forgotten.

i agree we need a scorer in the post but i just dont believe al jefferson is the answer for us.

The strength of this team is ball movement, pushing the ball in transition and 3 point shooting. This is why you could say this team is overachieving.

AL jefferson is a straight half court, slow tempo,high usage, iso player (sounds familiar?) He would of been a perfect fit in the woody era but not this team. He doesnt fit into the strength and the identity of this team at all.

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member

How I'm looking at this...

Jefferson is a true post player. This is a dude that plays like a big man...and he's fast...and he can step outside. We don't have a post option. Not really. Al is great, but his game is based on quickness and away from the basketball. His face up and post up game is decent, but he really shines at moving without the ball, getting good position, and finishing (you'll notice he is the more assisted player of the two.).

Jefferson makes baskets happen in the post. Look. That's:

[*]Close range shots [*]Dudes shooting at least 500 of them [*]With less than half of their baskets assisted [*]Shooting better than 50%

Not saying he's a superstar, but man that is the definition of a low post threat. HELL YES throw the damn ball down there to him. Chances are, he's going to score it...or one of Jefferson, Al, or Josh will clean it up off the glass. AND THEN dude can step out and knock down the mid range shot. You got Al back to PF, a true center, and two dudes that can go inside out. That is disgustingly tempting. I'm sorry...then if you could get Josh under control and let them just wreak havoc in the paint...with Teague and a guy like Harris able to penetrate and dish or knock down the open shot...

Hey...lol...I don't get really excited about a lot of shit, but that right there is pretty damn tempting. I understand you guys think he's a black hole, but I think you kinda have to decrease in efficiency with more shot attempts. Don't see how you can be a black hole when you can get the job done when it's tossed to you.

Wouldn't be upset at all at a Jefferson signing.

• Like 1

...and don't know if you noticed or not, but look at the company he's in on that list.

He also has the 2nd highest FG% on that list behind only King James. Teams know the ball is going to Jefferson in the paint.....and they can't stop it.

I would surrounding Teague, Horf, and Josh with assets than Al Jeff on a big contract, the reason being I'd like a shot at Bosh or Kevin Love if/when they get traded. I think either one of them would fit us much better (Bosh in particular). I guess I just don't think Jefferson is the answer. He got torched by Horford, imagine what Lebron James would do to him...

I would surrounding Teague, Horf, and Josh with assets than Al Jeff on a big contract, the reason being I'd like a shot at Bosh or Kevin Love if/when they get traded. I think either one of them would fit us much better (Bosh in particular). I guess I just don't think Jefferson is the answer. He got torched by Horford, imagine what Lebron James would do to him...

Bosh's game is very similar to Horford...........just a little less size. and strength. I see more duplication of skill there.

I like Kevin Love in that he is the best rebounder in the NBA.....not as good on defense but he can shoot the lights out even out to 3 point range. Plus he is an excellent passer with superb BB IQ. Best outlet passer in the business to ignite the break......and is still young. If you want Smith at SF then Love or Bosh are the types of PFs you need.

Its a long time until Love is a FA though.

We may have to settle for JJ Hickson........and thats if we are lucky.

Bosh's game is very similar to Horford...........just a little less size. and strength. I see more duplication of skill there.

I like Kevin Love in that he is the best rebounder in the NBA.....not as good on defense but he can shoot the lights out even out to 3 point range. Plus he is an excellent passer with superb BB IQ. Best outlet passer in the business to ignite the break......and is still young. If you want Smith at SF then Love or Bosh are the types of PFs you need.

Its a long time until Love is a FA though.

We may have to settle for JJ Hickson........and thats if we are lucky.

I think Bosh creates his own shot a lot better, but I see where you're coming from.

I guess I'd rather not blow my cap-space this off-season on B-listers is all.