• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time

Bonkers

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is Josh an asset or a liability at crunch time.

Actually, from most responses, the answer is:

YES! YES! YES!!

He's both an asset and a liability. He's good and he's bad. Actually, horrible.

He's a monster on defense, on the boards and passing. He seldom hits

a long shot in crunch time. He may throw the ball away or dribble it off his

foot. His 50% free throw shooting has left him recently. We're shocked now

if he hits one of two.

He's super. He's a great athlete and he can do some wonderful things.

Apparently, his body works quicker than his mind. He's not dumb, just

does some dumb things. He makes great, positive plays. Then, he blows

away the great feeling we get by his next play.

I didn't vote. There was no block for BOTH, which is what I vote.

Is Josh a liability at crunch time? Big Time!

tonight he had some really bad turnovers. However he was also a major contributor to the comeback. Without his second half performance the Hawks would not have been in position to win. Josh almost had a triple double. Not sure if he thinks too much about the plays that LD draws up and then just assumes they will work. That appeared to be the case the final few minutes with his passing.

tonight he had some really bad turnovers. However he was also a major contributor to the comeback. Without his second half performance the Hawks would not have been in position to win. Josh almost had a triple double. Not sure if he thinks too much about the plays that LD draws up and then just assumes they will work. That appeared to be the case the final few minutes with his passing.

Without his first half we wouldn't of needed him to get us out of the hole. I keep hearing he kept us in it. BS. He's the reason we were almost out of it.

• Like 2

Can I vote again? I mean, not to change my vote, but to reiterate it.

Run this clown out of town!

Man I wish I could vote again too

And Jon Barry states Josh still believes he's a max player after talking to him before the game. SMH!

Josh is a delusional lunatic

• Premium Member

agreed. At that point one of the guards should have stepped up. Where was korver or Harris? Why were they so quite tonight?

No sir. That was not the fault of Harris or Korver. Josh was simply brain dead on those critical plays. That's on him. He needs to take responsibility for that.
  • Like 1

Tonight's game (atleast the end of OT that I saw) is exactly why I don't think he is worth resigning at any cost. Dude is just a liability when things get important. Even with a hometown discount, let him go somewhere else.

• Moderators

Sorry for the prior video. While accurate, it was too over the top.

I have trouble squaring a Hawk fan having these types of reactions during a game:

Josh bricks a shot: "Posted Image Sweet shooting Josh!"

Josh hits a three: "silence"

Josh turns the ball over: "Posted Image You suck! Liability!"

Josh feeds Al Horford for an interior dunk: "silence"

Josh tries a moronic behind the back pass: "Posted Image "

Josh drives inside for a layup: "silence"

Josh drives inside and gets fouled: "silence:

Josh misses 1 of 2 free throws: "Posted Image "

It is a grating type of sequence when you are sitting on the edge of your seat watching the Hawks try to pull of an upset of the Celtics on their home court and one that is difficult to reconcile with the idea that the fan cares more about watching the team win than supporting an agenda on a particular player.

No one should like watching Josh shoot bad shots or turning the ball over - I know I don't. Search my post history and I doubt in the years of posting about Josh you can find 1 post that praises Josh's perimeter offense for every 40 that criticize it. But my question remains about who on the floor makes the Hawks a better team than Josh.

I.e., why do our top 4 net point per minute lineups with heavy minutes (100+ on the season) all feature Josh?

i.e., why do 4 of our 6 top net point per minute lineups with lesser minutes (less than 100+ minutes of the season) all feature Josh?

That isn't consistent with liability for the season.

For last night - that was a historically bad game for Josh down the stretch so there isn't a defense of that. Just criticism of Josh, LD, etc. But one game isn't any more statistically significant when it is bad than when it is good. You look at the cumulative numbers over time to get perspective - not a single game.

In any case, Josh is almost certain to be gone next year and the decision-making issues will be someone else's problem and the rest of the positives in his game will be someone else's to enjoy.

Edited by AHF

agreed. At that point one of the guards should have stepped up. Where was korver or Harris? Why were they so quite tonight?

Devin was pulled and Korver was being shut out by Boston. The refused to let him get open looks. And their efforts were even easier with Braindead 5 camping out behind the arc all game long

Celtics were not shutting out Korver. The Hawk team was.

Time after time, if you looked closely, as the Hawks ran the

drive and kick, Korver would pop open for the three and whoever

had the ball either did not see him or wasn't interested in finding

him.

Finally, inside the final 2 minutes of regulation, he took and made

his first three pointer. He had previously missed one.

Josh? Well, Josh was just being Josh. We have all watched all this

for many years. Super hero wanna be. Great, athletic player who does

some wonderful stuff, followed by "Why did he attempt that?" plays.

Love him or hate him. He ain't changing. We all know that deep down

inside if we would only admit it.

GO HAWKS!!

Gregg Anthony said it best around the deadline, The Hawks and Josh Smith don't mix. He said Josh reminds him of Rasheed Wallace in terms of skillset. Rasheed Wallace was a headcase in Portland, went to a team that fitted his style of play perfectly, had a strict coach and the won a championship.

I'm not surprised at what Josh does positive or negative anymore. He doesn't fit the team. I think Josh would be better off going to another team(whatever team that is). The Hawks would better off without him assuming we land Al Jefferson or Milsap.