• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time

Bonkers

True or False: Josh is a Liability in crunch time  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That Kobe dunk just gave him a lil stage fright last night, he refused to come out and challenge early on the game winning drive and didn't want to risk getting blocked or worse, going to the FT line, on the last play. Maybe you can attribute nerves on all those other late jumpers but I always figured that those were less false bravado and more delusions of grandeur.

• Premium Member

It is frustrating to see Josh try to do too much in game after game. This is magnified when we lose and is conveniently forgotten when we win. Yes Josh makes a lot of great plays defensively, but he gets no respect from the refs (some of that due to his immature reaction to referee calls), can't make free throws more than half the time (last night missed 6 in a 1 point loss), and all his great passes are offset by ill advised passes or dribbling on the perimeter that results in turnovers. If only he played within himself we find ourselves asking again even after 9 years? come on! enough already. I think the last and only hope is for another coach to instill discipline in Josh if he is re-signed otherwise it is certain that the franchise wasted money on whatever he gets over 12 million a year. He is greater than Horford on defense, that is for sure, but Horford is the better all around player because he does not try to do too much, is a mature leader.

Liability in the sense that I cannot trust him to make the RIGHT play. He makes a perfect pass on one play then a bad play on the next and he definitely cannot be trusted at the free throw line.

My only argument towards Horf's missed lay-up (and I'm not trying to be apologists) is that at least it was a lay-up... I'd rather see Horf miss a lay-up than to watch Josh brick 20-footer after 20-footer... And let's not forget the lay-up that Josh air-balled when Teague passed it to him... He was right under the hoop and was open! And I don't blame Josh for the no-shot, I blame LD for drawing up a play that had Josh taking the final shot though. Devin was red hot. I'd trust Teague, Horford, Korver and even Pachulia, Tolliver, and Jenkins more in that situation than Josh. Josh shouldn't have even been on the floor for that final play.

If I've got one player that I want running a backdoor cut toward the hoop with the game on the line I'd probably take Josh over anyone. It was a bad pass from Devin when all he needed was a decent pass for that to be an easy alley oop and game over.

• Like 1

Josh is OUR defense and makes BIG players on the defensive side of the ball in crunch time.

Offensively he's usually not the one taking the shot unless Teague is scared to take the shot and passes to Josh with a few seconds on the shot clock. His passing abilities are huge in crunch time. I wish LD would had drawn up the Smoove to Al play in that last time out. I think that would had worked, and Josh would had thread the needle with the pass.

Josh's weakside defense is something you would want on the court in the final 2 minutes. However, his awful free throw % and general bad decision making makes him a liability. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

And out come the haters. Secretly wishing for Josh to do bad so they look good.

Au contraire mon frere - no need for anybody to wish anything on him, he does that all by himself.Posted Image

If I've got one player that I want running a backdoor cut toward the hoop with the game on the line I'd probably take Josh over anyone. It was a bad pass from Devin when all he needed was a decent pass for that to be an easy alley oop and game over.

It was a bad pass, but I'd still much rather Horford be the one receiving that pass, the only reason being he hits his free throws MUCH more consistently. They're comparable finishers, but they could just hack Josh down there.

It still wasn't a bad play call on Drew's part IMO. We just didn't execute. We can say that for pretty much the whole game. Josh and Horford turned the ball over and missed lay-ups, Teague played pretty badly. We gave the Lakers that win.

Edit: Whoops. Accidentally voted yes. I don't think he's quite a "liability," but there're better options out there.

Edited by TheFuzz

Au contraire mon frere - no need for anybody to wish anything on him, he does that all by himself.Posted Image

Just pathetic that people root for him to make bad plays because in turn their ego is boosted. And these are real Hawks fans?

Just pathetic that people root for him to make bad plays because in turn their ego is boosted. And these are real Hawks fans?

show me one instance of a fan on here rooting for josh to make bad plays.I want josh to be an all star and I want him to make the right plays and use his brain a bit more. Its not even like we are jumping on every little flaw in his game. It is literally just the long jumpers and threes. Im shocked by any real hawks fan who does not get frustrated by his shot selection.
  • Like 4

show me one instance of a fan on here rooting for josh to make bad plays.I want josh to be an all star and I want him to make the right plays and use his brain a bit more. Its not even like we are jumping on every little flaw in his game. It is literally just the long jumpers and threes. Im shocked by any real hawks fan who does not get frustrated by his shot selection.

There is no point in voicing the same displeasure you or anyone else has. It's old and tiresome reading about the same things here on a daily basis.

There is no point in voicing the same displeasure you or anyone else has. It's old and tiresome reading about the same things here on a daily basis.

So you want to say what you have to say and not have anybody respond to it?But seriously,.stand by your comment. When have you seen a poster here root for josh to make Mistakes? I'm genuinely curious. Edited by ag82
  • Like 3

I want Josh to do well in all facets because I see the talent. I never root for him to fail because when he does well it means the Hawks are doing well and that is what I want more than anything. If you think reading about the same things on a daily basis is old and tiresome, imagine watching it. It's WORSE!!!!!

So you want to say what you have to say and not have anybody respond to it?But seriously,.stand by your comment. When have you seen a poster here root for josh to make Mistakes? I'm genuinely curious.

I am not going to scour through the numerous threads about him. Just a vibe that I think is pretty clear to see here is what I am getting at.