LD is Toast

frankthetank966

This stretch of poor performance has proved that LD is not the right coach for this team. This is the second time this year where the Hawks have struggled. LD is the one responsible for getting his players fired up and motivated. Our energy has been non-existent on the floor. Would really like to see what Bob Bender could do as the Head Coach. Heck! Give Dominque a chance. This year is a good opportunity to take a small risk like that. There are several former Hawks that would be great coaches.

It is time for this team to move on from the quite personality of Larry Drew. Bring in some new energy!

• Premium Member

I don't know if firing LD improves anything. Who are you gonna replace him with...Avery? My guess is DF will bring in one of his homeboys from the Spurs or Duke. Face it team. We're all toast until the basketball gods bless us with the next Lebron James. Damn! Isn't it strange how we've anointed the GM that couldn't win (relatively speaking of course) with with Lebron our saviour.

• Like 2

After listening to the last half of the game on my way home last night, my immediate thoughts were, "been nice knowin' ya, Larry."

My second thought was, "Danny Ferry would have to be a miracle worker to turn this team into a contender. Total rebuild needed."

• Moderators

We all argue both sides though. Do we have talent that should be competing with the Heat? Most say no. So if that's the case then why is it the coaches fault when this happens?

I agree though. Barring an improbable playoff run i think this is enough excuse for DF to go in another direction. LD probably already knows that.

The comments after the game by Drew were bad as well. He just kept going on about how good the Heat are (and they are are very good team), but man go after your team and say that the effort and other mis-steps are unacceptable. Drew sounds completely defeated at this point in time.

I'm really ready to hit the reset button on the whole franchise. Well, I've been that way since last year.

• Like 1

There are three things that you have to bring in my program: energy, effort and execution.....and I'm in charge of one of them, execution

"Sometimes you've got to help yourself," he said. "Youth is a very blaming thing. ... I usually go to them. And after a while, the talk gets old. It just does -- at some point in time, you've just got to play.

"They say it's a players' league. Well then take ownership. That's all I'm asking -- take ownership of what you're putting out there."

Just some choice quotes.