• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum!?

Jody23

• Premium Member

"Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) tweeted at 7:49 PM on Mon, Mar 18, 2013:League-wide whispers say Andrew Bynum could end up with Hawks next season. As for Sixers ... man, who knows?"If he were healthy, sure. But now, can't see it.

I may be in the minority, but IF Bynum were healthy, I'd prefer having him over Josh Smith.

I don't think you're in the minority. If Bynum is healthy (always a massive IF), he is probably the best big in the game. His offense is much more polished than Dwight's.

• Premium Member

I don't think you're in the minority. If Bynum is healthy (always a massive IF), he is probably the best big in the game. His offense is much more polished than Dwight's.

To hear some people tell it, Josh is on the cusp of becoming a superstar.

• Moderators

As long as the reward is higher than the risk, then why not. He signs a 3 yr/ $36 mil deal with the third year as a team option, then go for it. I feel a deal any longer or more lucrative would be too much risk. Bynum is the best offensive center in the league and his defense isn't too shabby either when healthy. I still believe Dwight is the first option for Ferry, but Bynum isn't too bad to fall on. As long as those knees are healthy by tip-off in November and I'm sure Wally will have him tip-top by then. Bynum/Horford duo would be stellar. Put Harris or Teague at point with Mayo, add Smoove or some FA SF, Korver, Williams, and another FA signing off the bench, and we'd have a good team.

C - Andrew Bynum

PF - Al Horford

SF - Smoove or Player X

SG - Mayo or Player Y

PG - Harris, Teague, or Player Z

Bynum is having surgery now and is done for the season. He cannot play through pain. He seems just really lazy. Having won 'rings'

already I don't see him putting in the time and effort to get his body right.

I think a big part of Bynum's success was due to Phil and Kobe, and I think without feeling the pressure of the two of them and LA to win championships I think he will be too relaxed in his approach to basketball.

He is a good player but that means squat if he isn't available. Are the Hawks willing to have 12 million/year tied up in a player who might or might not be available to play. Sort of like Philly is now with so much expectations when they traded for him. I'm torn on this especially when I remember Speedy Claxton.

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhM1Y8EUdw

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r5ogiS5WAw

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vh_mVeG7WA

Did he do that at anytime this year? Posted Image

I feel everyone on the health concerns. He is probably the riskiest player in the NBA right now due to his injury history, attitude, and work ethic vs. what he will most likely command in salary. He's also one of the highest risk/highest reward kind of guys. Not typically the kind of guy an organization like Atlanta rolls the dice on, but who knows. If we get him, we have to sign another quality 4 or 5 to play with Al in the event he goes down for an extended time.

• Moderators

Did he do that at anytime this year? Posted Image

Of course not because he hasn't played this year, but it definitely shows the type of player that Bynum is capable of being. If he gets healthy and gets motivated, he could be a great signing for any team. Wouldn't it be the breaks if he signed the MLE with Miami? lol

Of course not because he hasn't played this year, but it definitely shows the type of player that Bynum is capable of being. If he gets healthy and gets motivated, he could be a great signing for any team. Wouldn't it be the breaks if he signed the MLE with Miami? lol

too many if's to make a large investment in.

• Like 1

• Moderators

too many if's to make a large investment in.

Which is the point in my original post. The reward has to be higher than the risk. I'd be absolutely insane to put all our chips in on Bynum. Philly did and got screwed. If Bynum signs for right around $10-$12 mi for 3 yrs w/ the third year as a team option, then I say do it. If his knees are done, then 2 years and the Hawks are done with him too without too much invested.

Bynum and Oden are in the same boat. Well Oden is further along but Bynum is heading down a very injury plagued career. It would be a HUGE risk to sign Bynum for anything more than a year. I would really rather Ferry go in a different direction.