• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2014 Hawks?

PaceRam

IF we're talking about changing the culture, and creating a buzz around this team, both Drew and Smith will probably have to go. Definitely one of them has to go, because Drew has proven that he can't control Smith and have him play the way he should be playing. I think Ferry likes Smith. If that's the case, he has to get rid of Drew. To maximize the cap space, Smith will have to be renounced as well.

Something is telling me that Ferry isn't too fond of Teague either, so he may be gone too.

I expect this team to be totally remade, especially if we don't put up a good showing in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure anybody knows what DF will do. I am undecided what direction he will take. It's nice to have all that cap space, but we will see what Ferry does with it. It's not a simple thing to just bring a player in and you have to look at who is out there as a free agent......

I actually like LD as a coach. He was able to keep a team that lost their leading scorer about where they were when they had him. That deserves at least a couple more years. And from what I've heard, Ferry likes him too. As for Josh, I can't imagine he is here next year. I think Horford and Lou Williams are really the only two locks. I don't really see us giving any FA a max this offseason, because Danny is smart enough to see next year's FA class. As for the draft, I really am excited!

• Like 1

I actually like LD as a coach. He was able to keep a team that lost their leading scorer about where they were when they had him. That deserves at least a couple more years. And from what I've heard, Ferry likes him too. As for Josh, I can't imagine he is here next year. I think Horford and Lou Williams are really the only two locks. I don't really see us giving any FA a max this offseason, because Danny is smart enough to see next year's FA class. As for the draft, I really am excited!

I'd rather ditch Drew for a fresh upgrade, but otherwise I agree.

• Premium Member

IF we're talking about changing the culture, and creating a buzz around this team, both Drew and Smith will probably have to go. Definitely one of them has to go, because Drew has proven that he can't control Smith and have him play the way he should be playing. I think Ferry likes Smith. If that's the case, he has to get rid of Drew. To maximize the cap space, Smith will have to be renounced as well.

Something is telling me that Ferry isn't too fond of Teague either, so he may be gone too.

I expect this team to be totally remade, especially if we don't put up a good showing in the playoffs.

How do you figure Ferry likes Smith, but isn't fond of Teague? He feverishly tried to trade Smith at the deadline, while Teague and Horf have been the best players for the Hawks this year. In only his second year as a starter, he has as many 20 point/10 assist games as Paul and Parker this year and would have had another last night if not for LD. I think Ferry will try to bring Teague back as he is starting to blossom into an elite point guard and making Woody and Drew look even more foolish for not playing him.

Edited by Jody23

How do you figure Ferry likes Smith, but isn't fond of Teague? He feverishly tried to trade Smith at the deadline, while Teague and Horf have been the best players for the Hawks this year. In only his second year as a starter, he has as many 20 point/10 assist games as Paul and Parker this year and would have had another last night if not for LD. I think Ferry will try to bring Teague back as he is starting to blossom into an elite point guard and making Woody and Drew look even more foolish for not playing him.

I bet ferry pulls his hair out (or atleast what he has left) watching josh play. Posted Image

• Premium Member

I bet ferry pulls his hair out (or atleast what he has left) watching josh play. Posted Image

Probably. I think I saw somewhere that the Hawks actually shot 60% from the field last night if you were to remove Smith's performance. I really think Danny Ferry is ready to move on from the Smoove era asap. Edited by Jody23