• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to keep the 6th Seed.

Diesel

• Premium Member

To me, the Pacers are just as Jekyl and Hyde as us. Meaning, they may be the only top team we can beat in the first round.

Brooklyn or Chicago will dominate us with Size.

Keep the 6th seed.

Honestly, I'm looking for either the Knicks or Brooklyn to put the Heat out of the playoffs!!!

Can you imagine a Knicks vs. Brooklyn ECF?

That is just how David Stern would write it and probably how it happens.

I'd rather play Indiana than Brooklyn. True. But....

Nobody is beating Miami in a 7 game series. Check that, nobody in the East is. It's Bron's time. They'll be in the finals.

we arent getting out of the 1st round no matter who we face. This team is pathetic. All those teams have a legit centers and will pound us inside.

You very possibly could be right but this seems dramatic to me nonetheless.

• Premium Member

I'd rather play Indiana than Brooklyn. True. But....

Nobody is beating Miami in a 7 game series. Check that, nobody in the East is. It's Bron's time. They'll be in the finals.

Think about it.

NY vs. Brooklyn in the ECF.

Brooklyn in it's first year in Brooklyn with it's high money players. Playing NY who has a great resurgence behind Melo.

Broklyn plays Miami inthe 2nd round.

NY plays INdy in the 2nd round.

Finals = NY vs. Brooklyn. IN D-Stern's final year.

He would wet himself everyday if that was to happen.

with another ref coming out talking about the "code".... I wouldn't put it past Stern to set it up.

• Premium Member

Honestly... We can be competitive, but it's going to be a struggle. Looking at any first round matchup, I don't see anybody that we'd be the favorites against. I'm looking forward to the off season and hopefully some change - because I'm tired of being in the middle of the pack every year. It's not too much to ask to have a team that at least has a SHOT at the ECF's.

Think about it.

NY vs. Brooklyn in the ECF.

Brooklyn in it's first year in Brooklyn with it's high money players. Playing NY who has a great resurgence behind Melo.

Broklyn plays Miami inthe 2nd round.

NY plays INdy in the 2nd round.

Finals = NY vs. Brooklyn. IN D-Stern's final year.

He would wet himself everyday if that was to happen.

with another ref coming out talking about the "code".... I wouldn't put it past Stern to set it up.

you are overrating how much people care about the brooklyn nets. A knicks and heat eastern conference finals would get waaaayyy more views than a brooklyn and knicks ECF.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

you are overrating how much people care about the brooklyn nets. A knicks and heat eastern conference finals would get waaaayyy more views than a brooklyn and knicks ECF.

I think so too. Good ol' Knicks/Heat rivalry is probably what Stern is hoping for.

I think so too. Good ol' Knicks/Heat rivalry is probably what Stern is hoping for.

Stern would pray for Miami-Celtics first round.Miami-Chicago second round.Miami-Manhattan ECF.Miami-LA Lakers Finals.He'd probably die with a smile on his face while handing Lebron his Finals (or Bill Russell?) MVP.

• Premium Member

You don't know good business.

He has to grow Brooklyn.

How do you do that best?

By putting them in a place where nobody imagined that they could be.

If you really want to be technical about the Heat.

1. Stern didn't find any love for them in their first year together.

2. IN their second year, Stern handed them the East by giving them the series against Indiana last year and Games 2 and 5 of the Celtic series last year.3. Don't get me wrong, the heat are good but they struggle against big teams.

Stern has to give the brooklyn fans some rivalaries.

1. The Heat.

2. The Knicks.

The best way to do that is put them in the ECF with the Knicks.

Let king James cry foul and run off to the bus.

There are plenty of years to discover James vs. Melo but Melo has to be legit.

There isn't a team in the playoffs we could beat in a seven game series. We might get to a game seven against Milwaukee though.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I think it's win-win either way. Brooklyn is new and is selling itself. The rivalry was already there and putting a franchise in Brooklyn just added more gasoline. A NY/BKN ECF's is gold. But Heat-Knicks is just as golden. Moreso in my opinion and especially if NY finishes out the season in the 2nd seed.

• Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out what our guys want. At first I thought they were playing for that 4 seed. Recent results have me wondering if they want the 6 or 7 seed? We have been awful..

Edited by cam1218

I don't think it is a conscious decision by the team to land a particular seed. In fact I would bet it is not. Our poor play recently is due to injuries as well as Teague and Al not playing out of their minds like they were a month ago. I feel our defense is what has been struggling mainly. I think we will step it up in the playoffs. Hopefully we will be somewhat healthy.

I'm not one to use injury excuses often - but let's not forget we are down Lou and ZaZa for the season...... arguably our first two players off the bench.

a six seed after losing Joe's scoring and those two? Not bad.

As long as they show heart against the Pacers in round one and play them tough - we are still moving in the right direction.