• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has the Hawks chances of landing Howard increased?

ATLscrubLove

Obviously the Lakers aren't guaranteed a playoff spot yet and can very well not make it only being up 1 game with 2 left. But even if they make it they will lose in the first round. But it's not that so much that would make him leave. Now that Kobe will be out until at least mid season of next year you have to think Dwight will take the first midnight train to Georgia after the season. Maybe I'm just over analyzing things guys but our chances have to be getting better. Just seems like things are falling in our favor.

Obviously the Lakers aren't guaranteed a playoff spot yet and can very well not make it only being up 1 game with 2 left. But even if they make it they will lose in the first round. But it's not that so much that would make him leave. Now that Kobe will be out until at least mid season of next year you have to think Dwight will take the first midnight train to Georgia after the season.Maybe I'm just over analyzing things guys but our chances have to be getting better. Just seems like things are falling in our favor.

I was kind of thinking just the opposite. With Kobe out I am guessing Dwight becomes "The Man" for the Lakers for the rest of this season and for whatever part of next season Kobe misses before he returns. I am guessing with Kobe's injury the Lakers will make a strong push to keep Dwight on the team.

• Like 1

I don't want any player on Atlanta's roster who has no desire

to be here. All you end up with is a disgruntled player who

doesn't really exert himself.

I agree that Superman has no desire to be a Hawk.

• Like 1

D12 hasn't wanted to play in Atlanta in the first, second or third place.

D12 can be easily persuaded too......yes the hawks chances have increased and so have others. Look at the the lakers financial problems! Howard will be 31 when they will actually have money to spend on players.Why would Howard risk his career for money when he could team up with other superstars HIS AGE? I don't understand that! I mean I'm not saying he will come here but to think he's going to stay in LA with all these old ass players and not think about playing with superstars that are younger is just baffling to me.This is why rondo won't win a championship anymore until he gets paired with younger superstars. And this is why players like cp3 need to play with legit superstar players cause Blake is just a dunker that's all. It's not always about money. If they chase money expect the heat should they stay together win championships with no real competition on the east.

D12 can be easily persuaded too......yes the hawks chances have increased and so have others. Look at the the lakers financial problems! Howard will be 31 when they will actually have money to spend on players.t.

Dwight will be 28 in 2014 when all of those old ass players sans Nash will have expired and the Lakers are sitting on close to 30 mil in cap.He was always intended to take over the franchise from Kobe so all the injury has done is accelerate that time table.

These last two games could be the difference. He rallies the troops and spurs them on to the playoffs on his back and it'll be hard for him to let go of that applause and all the media outlets touting the "overwhelming adversity" that the Lakers had to overcome. He flops and they don't make it..he just might be looking for a hole to hide from all the criticism and where better than media blacked out Atlanta?

Not really. There is no avenue for LA to get better next year. Without Dwight and without including player options the Laker payroll is set at 70.3 million. Assuming they sign Dwight for max money this puts their payroll around 15-16 million over the LT. This limits trading opportunities, signing opportunities, etc. If Kobe is out next year or just not quite his black mamba self, the Laker roster is going to take a serious dump.

If you include options without Dwight they are at 79 million. If you include cap holds they are over 124 million. Does Dwight believe that with a recovering Kobe and unmotivated Gasol the team will be better next year? Probably not. So what if he's patient you might think. What about 14/15? Steve Nash is currently the only player signed for 14/15. Almost everything the Lakers have expires next year. Although this says decent things about the ability to sign free agents, you really have to build a full team and they will run out of assets quickly.

I was kind of thinking just the opposite. With Kobe out I am guessing Dwight becomes "The Man" for the Lakers for the rest of this season and for whatever part of next season Kobe misses before he returns. I am guessing with Kobe's injury the Lakers will make a strong push to keep Dwight on the team.

No Avenue - a roster is not a static thing. D12 will probably be better being a year removed from back surgery. Toronto and Minny are just two of the possible trade partners for Gasol (expiring deal) and Nash. Amnesty Artest is also available. Not saying it will happen but there are possible moves.

Not really. There is no avenue for LA to get better next year. Without Dwight and without including player options the Laker payroll is set at 70.3 million. Assuming they sign Dwight for max money this puts their payroll around 15-16 million over the LT. This limits trading opportunities, signing opportunities, etc. If Kobe is out next year or just not quite his black mamba self, the Laker roster is going to take a serious dump.

If you include options without Dwight they are at 79 million. If you include cap holds they are over 124 million. Does Dwight believe that with a recovering Kobe and unmotivated Gasol the team will be better next year? Probably not. So what if he's patient you might think. What about 14/15? Steve Nash is currently the only player signed for 14/15. Almost everything the Lakers have expires next year. Although this says decent things about the ability to sign free agents, you really have to build a full team and they will run out of assets quickly.

No Avenue - a roster is not a static thing. D12 will probably be better being a year removed from back surgery. Toronto and Minny are just two of the possible trade partners for Gasol (expiring deal) and Nash. Amnesty Artest is also available. Not saying it will happen but there are possible moves.

But I get where campster is coming from. To me it looks like this:Howard if you sign back this off season your chances at a ring is low especially considering the black mamba being injured and possibly missing the whole season.But then you say well it's ok Howard has the next season where Steve Nash and himself will be the only lakers on the team, so plenty of money for this off season year 14/15. Well not so fast! Like I said earlier Kobe may not be able to play until THIS 14/15 season should he decide to come back and that means....new contract! Ok so we have Kobe,Nash,Howard, well gasol probably won't retire and I do think the LA organization has some deep love for him so I'm sure that's a resigning. Hmmm so same crew cheaper contracts for some players. Howard will get 20 mil a year, Kobe 15-16 mil a year, gasol, 12-14 mil a year, Nash 9 mil a year.Were leaving out somebody....oh the young earl Clark well being that he plays better than some of these bigger names I say he will probably get 8-9 mil a year.......lets say they don't sign all these guys back they are still limited in what they can do because of Howard,Nash, and Kobe if he decides to play! The new cap rules are in serious effect!I don't care what anybody says I'm going to stick with this...Howard and CP3 are fools! If they don't even give effort or think about teaming up and playing for SOMEBODY. There current situations now and for their future doesn't even compare to these two playing side by side.......I can't believe I'm saying this but lebron, wade, bosh are the most unselfish players in the NBA right now. An I hate to see them win but they are winning because they are a unselfish group of men that formed a great team! And I hate the heat...so that was hard!