• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revis To Bucs

benhillboy

The NFC South sees what I see: one of the best reciever duos (trio corps if you count Gonzo) in history. The Saints brought in Jim Leonard at safety, now this. As good as Revis was/ is, he's gonna have a lot to prove coming off injury and playing twice against either Julio or Roddy, neither I think he could stop from 80 yards and a touch in heavy single-coverage play. In a sport where divisional play is extremely important, t's cool seeing the other 3 teams adjust to us. I expect Carolina to make some type of splash in the secondary next.

Edited by benhillboy

If you think Revis can't stop either of those guys then you haven't seen enough of him. I hate the JETS and hate praising one of their players but he's the best cover corner I've seen in a very long time. I fully expect he will return stronger than before the injury as well. I'm doing cartwheels over here that he's out of the AFC East now!!!

Haven't seen much of Revis because I don't follow the Jets. Haven't heard much of Revis Island lately until this trade went through. He better be ready for this NFC South cause he played against a lot of weak teams in that AFC east over the years (Miami and Buffalo) and now he's gotta get up against Roddy or Julio twice, see Drew Brees twice and and even Josh Freeman isn't that bad of a passer when his game is on. Tough comp coming up for Revis, he will be tested.

• Like 1

There is no WR in the league that Revis can't shut down. There's a reason he makes 13 million per season. I've seen him absolutely dominate some if the best WRs in the game. You don't hear as much about him because QBs don't even challenge him that often, that's how good he is! They call it Revis island because the defense can shift help to the other side if the field as he can stay locked up 1 on 1 with the best WR on his side if the field with no help.

There is no WR in the league that Revis can't shut down. There's a reason he makes 13 million per season. I've seen him absolutely dominate some if the best WRs in the game. You don't hear as much about him because QBs don't even challenge him that often, that's how good he is! They call it Revis island because the defense can shift help to the other side if the field as he can stay locked up 1 on 1 with the best WR on his side if the field with no help.

I get why people say he is the best corner since Deion but the NFC south is a totally underrated division with good QB's and with Revis coming off an ACL injury I think that Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and other QB's are going to throw at him now unless he shows the ACL injury didn't slow him down. Now I'm ready for football season

Well prepare for him to be thrown at this year. With drew brees and Matt Ryan and the weapons they both have he will definitely be tested.
  • Like 1

If yes healthy, and recent history shows coming back better from an ACL tear than before, then they will regret throwing on him. He's faced Tom Brady twice per year his entire career and he's a better QB than anyone he will see in his new division. While the Pats haven't had the prototypical WRs in their offense they've had Welker setting records and flat out dominating and they had Moss have arguably his best season of his career and I believe Revis was a rookie or a 2nd year player then and he still frustrated Moss big time. I'm sure Ryan and Brees will test him but they're not gonna have success with it very often and they'll learn to go to the opposite side of the field instead of testing Revis island!

• Moderators

It really does come down to a health and pricing issue. If healthy, the guy is definitely good enough to shut down anyone. He won't turn 30 for two seasons but I am sure that was also a factor in the Jet's decision to let him go.

The Bucs are paying for him as if he will return to his peak form so that is their biggest risk for sure.

It's a great low risk move for the Bucs. The contract looks huge but it's 100% non guaranteed so they could drop him after this year and only have paid him for this season. Or they could resign him to a more team friendly deal with guaranteed money after the season when Revis has proven himself. For this year the Bucs still had 30 million in cap space they had to spend and as good as a 1st round CB this year might be its highly unlikely any will be as good as Revis. Maybe Milliner but you'd have to move up to get him and he's had surgeries on both shoulders, sports hernia, knee scoping, and has a rod in his leg so he's an even bigger injury risk. I'm just thrilled to see Revis leave the AFC East that's for sure!!!