• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew to Philly?

bird_dirt

nothing major being reported, just "sources" saying drew would be interested in coaching the sixers. but i could see it happen since i think others have scoffed at the idea of coaching there and the sixers haven't been in a rush to fill the spot (perhaps waiting until the playoffs are over?).

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130428_76ers_reportedly_bringing_NBA_D-League_team_to_Delaware.html

in other philly news, they just bought their own d-league team, only the 6th team to have their own farm team. any team dedicated to develop their own talent would be wise to own and control their own so they can control who gets played and how they are instructed. asg would be wise to do the same.

As long as Drew isn't with the Hawks I don't really care where he goes.<br /><br />Owning a d-league does make some sense, but you could go with affiliates as well. You would just have to write the sort of agreement to ensure players as developed. The NBA doesn't really use the d-league like MLB, so I don't see thar much advantage to outright ownership. <br /><br />Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• Moderators

The link-unlink thing is broke (not showing up on the post menu). Probably a quick fix for Dolfan.

To see the full article, you can copy 'n paste from:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130428_76ers_reportedly_bringing_NBA_D-League_team_to_Delaware.html

John Mitchell (Phila. Inquirer):

"Larry loves coaching, and he wants to continue as a head coach," said the league source. "He's in a difficult situation, and it's hard to say what will happen in Atlanta."

~lw3

Edited by Dolfan23

The link-unlink thing is broke (not showing up on the post menu). Probably a quick fix for Dolfan.

To see the full article, you can copy 'n paste from:

www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130428_76ers_reportedly_bringing_NBA_D-League_team_to_Delaware.html

John Mitchell (Phila. Inquirer):

~lw3

thanks lw3. good to know i'm not completely crazy.

I think he probably ends up getting one of the head coaching jobs that is open if he's not taken back by the Hawks. He's done well enough for other teams to think the problem here was injuries, unrealistic expectations, a new GM intent on building things his way and a team where you have no true center and two pfs.

He's got some things in his favor, like weren't the Hawks one of the top teams in assists this year (for at least a while?) Playoffs 3 years in a row.

Edited by Randy

ok, link didn't show up, and i can't find an icon of adding a link. either the squawk has been changed since last time i've done this or i'm blind. found story on philly.com article titled "Drew could be possibility for Sixers".

This should be fixed now. Very strange permission error got changed after the minor upgrade yesterday that caused those buttons to be missing for everyone, including me, and links weren't parsing.

If you aren't seeing it, try pressing CTRL + F5 and if that doesn't work, clear your cache and re-start your browser. All should be well after that.

Sorry for the issue guys, seems like something happens every single time we get an upgrade, whether it's a big one or a small one.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think he probably ends up getting one of the head coaching jobs that is open if he's not taken back by the Hawks. He's done well enough for other teams to think the problem here was injuries, unrealistic expectations, a new GM intent on building things his way and a team where you have no true center and two pfs. He's got some things in his favor, like weren't the Hawks one of the top teams in assists this year (for at least a while?) Playoffs 3 years in a row.

...and a COTM award. We were second in assists, 1st in the conference. I think has done well, but if Ferry wants to make a contender, Drew could be out. I think Drew to Philly could have a real possibility.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk