• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hangtime Blog - Hawks will rebuild from scratch

ATLscrubLove

This article is mostly speculation and contains a lot of things we already knew, however it got me excited. I think Horford kinda knows what Ferry's plans are moving forward. We will see what kind of magic Ferry has up his sleeves in a couple months.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/05/04/hawks-will-rebuild-from-scratch/

Thanks for posting the article.

It's speculation of course...but Sekou has spent enough time around the Hawks to likely have some pretty good sources.

I don't think Ferry saw anything in the playoffs to change his overall plan. He may have been a bit surprised at how well we stood up to the Pacers in games 3 and 4 - but the performance in game 6 likely cancelled that out. I would imagine that he is fixing to impliment his grand plan for our Hawks.

Of course just because you have a plan doesn't mean it will work (ask BK).

I think the draft should be very interesting and most interesting I want to see how much financial freedom Ferry is actually given.

That said...I didn't see this season as any kind of terrible disaster for the Hawks. The games were entertaining for the most part. We won more than we lost and we made the playoffs despite some injury troubles. Even the most optimistic Hawks fan didn't really expect to see us in the ECFs.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Looking forward to the draft for the first time in years. Used to be that was the only thing we had to blog about given we were bottom dwellers for years. Nice thing about this year is that we have a chance to have a blend of rookies and vets that could lay a foundation for the future. ala the Spurs.

• Premium Member

It's just that time. It's too late to tweak the roster and I'm sure DF knows that. Our chance to move parts around was 5 years ago, but the idiots-that-be thought it best to maintain the core year after year. I think the worst of it was right after the Orlando massacre. I've been waiting on this moment to come ever since then.

I don't expect overnight change. I expect that if we do not sign a top tier free agent, that we will clear the roster and rebuild. Not really concerned about the draft either way. I've seen us "rebuild" with picks in the mid/late 1st round. The names Roshown McCleod, Ed Gray, Doug Edwards, Cal Bowdler, Alan Henderson, Roy Marble, & Dion Glover immediately come to mind. *shudder*

It has to happen folks. I am personally tired of being a perpetual "jobber" for the Eastern Conference. BK had the right idea, but unfortunately...he was too full of himself and his flawed 6'9" strategy to truly capitalize on it. We will see what DF does. Hopefully it's not a repeat or hybrid of the BK/Babcock/ASG...

Wow...Billy Knight, Pete Babcock, Atlanta Spirit Group...just thinking about that management makes me wanna choke myself to death.

It's just that time. It's too late to tweak the roster and I'm sure DF knows that. Our chance to move parts around was 5 years ago, but the idiots-that-be thought it best to maintain the core year after year. I think the worst of it was right after the Orlando massacre. I've been waiting on this moment to come ever since then.

I don't expect overnight change. I expect that if we do not sign a top tier free agent, that we will clear the roster and rebuild. Not really concerned about the draft either way. I've seen us "rebuild" with picks in the mid/late 1st round. The names Roshown McCleod, Ed Gray, Doug Edwards, Cal Bowdler, Alan Henderson, Roy Marble, & Dion Glover immediately come to mind. *shudder*

It has to happen folks. I am personally tired of being a perpetual "jobber" for the Eastern Conference. BK had the right idea, but unfortunately...he was too full of himself and his flawed 6'9" strategy to truly capitalize on it. We will see what DF does. Hopefully it's not a repeat or hybrid of the BK/Babcock/ASG...

Wow...Billy Knight, Pete Babcock, Atlanta Spirit Group...just thinking about that management makes me wanna choke myself to death.

DF at least is the first GM in years that actually has some basketball/NBA credentials . Sund may have had some as well, but I think during his era the owners were the ones making all the decisions and he was several steps below Ferry.