• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free agent I really want

Outside of Cp3 and Howard, the guy I really really would love to have is Tony Allen. If we get Dwight and Tony Allen that's some serious defense. Oh man July 1st can't come soon enough.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Celts won the title with him and Grizz have a chance also.

Of course not, as he consistently guards the opposing team's best perimeter player (and does it very well). That said, he's probably going to get overpaid (especially if Memphis goes deeper into the playoffs) and I'd rather not see the Hawks blow their wad on guys like him.

I'd imagine Corey Brewer will command less money than Allen and he's no slouch defensively...

I like what Allen brings but at the right price. He is been in the league for awhile and is on his down slide. Similar to D. Stevenson except he has a little more tread on the tire. Don't overpay for him.

Simpler solution would be to explore a trade to give us a younger version on Allen = Victor Oladipo. Hawks need a star, so we shouldnt waste money on any players that will just get us to the status quo...which is for us making the playoffs and getting ousted in 1st round.

I like 2 out of favor guys who we can get on the real cheap this coming off season. I think Kaman could be the starting C we have needed to move Al to the PF. He has a history of getting injured but is a former All-Star and can play given minutes. If he does go down we could always move Al back the C to cover some minutes.

I also like Aaron Brooks, think he is very similar to Teague. If Teague is re-signed could be a very good back up at a dirt cheap price, he's fast can shot can create. I think AB could be alot like Nate Robinson (who I have loved for years), these 2 could be low risk high reward types every teams wants.

• Admin

Allen would be a great get as he is probably the best perimeter defender in the league. However, he is limited offensively and wouldn't want to spend any more then mle type money on him. He will get more then that from other teams desperate for D.

We don't need the best perimeter defender out there but we def need a really good one. Someone mentioned Brewer...that would be a good get too. There are a lot of other ones out there too...someone with a jump shot would be nice too

I would take Brewer's defense - on offense no need to run plays for him as he moves well without ball and gets himself open, good rebounder, active, has improved 3 pt shooting some.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I like what Allen brings but at the right price. He is been in the league for awhile and is on his down slide. Similar to D. Stevenson except he has a little more tread on the tire. Don't overpay for him.

That's why if we get a shot at Ronnie Brewer, we gotta take it. Athletic, can rebound a bit, play 2 or 3, can handle a bit, and is prolly the best matchup against LeBron this side of Jimmy Butler.

That's why if we get a shot at Ronnie Brewer, we gotta take it. Athletic, can rebound a bit, play 2 or 3, can handle a bit, and is prolly the best matchup against LeBron this side of Jimmy Butler.

Corey Brewer, not Ronnie

• Premium Member

I like 2 out of favor guys who we can get on the real cheap this coming off season. I think Kaman could be the starting C we have needed to move Al to the PF. He has a history of getting injured but is a former All-Star and can play given minutes. If he does go down we could always move Al back the C to cover some minutes.

I also like Aaron Brooks, think he is very similar to Teague. If Teague is re-signed could be a very good back up at a dirt cheap price, he's fast can shot can create. I think AB could be alot like Nate Robinson (who I have loved for years), these 2 could be low risk high reward types every teams wants.

I agree that Kaman is worth considering, especially if the price is right. There was talk the Hawks had some interest in him a few years ago. He has averaged over double digits in points since 2005 and with the exception of this past season has averaged 7+ rebounds per game.

He is a UFA now with Dallas and probably will not be signed by them. He is 31 years old and has had injuries in the past. I think he can make contributions and possible play 70+ games per year. If the Hawks fail with either Howard or Bynum, Kaman could be a good center if he is willing to accept a 3 year contract.

I also like the idea of Corey Brewer as a swing man.

Edited by AtlHomer

I'm just saying if you are able to sign Dwight, then decide to pair him with Smoove, it only makes sense to overpay for Tony Allen to have a lockdown defensive team and hold teams to the low 80's night in and night out. I do realize we might only get to the mid 80's in scoring ourselves.

I'm just saying if you are able to sign Dwight, then decide to pair him with Smoove, it only makes sense to overpay for Tony Allen to have a lockdown defensive team and hold teams to the low 80's night in and night out. I do realize we might only get to the mid 80's in scoring ourselves.

Uuuuuhhhh...I shudder thinking about a line up of D12, Josh and Allen - we would be lucky to get to mid 70's. We would be unable to spread the floor for D12 to work effectively and teams would just put him and Josh at the freethrow line. That would be awfully ugly.

Not if we had deadly shooters like Korver and Jenkins to surround them

Teams will double off of Josh and Allen and give them open looks. They will stick to Korver and Jenks (and chances are they won't be on the floor at the same time either).

• Admin

Uuuuuhhhh...I shudder thinking about a line up of D12, Josh and Allen - we would be lucky to get to mid 70's. We would be unable to spread the floor for D12 to work effectively and teams would just put him and Josh at the freethrow line. That would be awfully ugly.

Josh's D is overrated.