• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Seek Sign-And-Trade Scenarios For Josh Smith

NBASupes

Good that Ferry is open but I think he will be a day late and a dollar short without Paul and Howard. There is nothing better than Teague in FA or draft as a PG. Maybe Trey Burke but how long before he is better? We could have had Rudy Gay at SF whose better out there in FA or draft? Maybe Porter down the line. My point is he better be open to trades because the FA market is not goin yield a big improvement outside of Howard and Paul. Draft may not help even if we move up. Trading me be best option for elite talent.

That is why cap space is valuable, not only for free agency but being able to facilitate trades.

So who do you say we go after ?

Al Jefferson and OJ Mayo sound good to me. I am for keeping Josh as well, but I don't think we are adding two higher priced free agents and keeping him.

Alex, you can't be serious. There are only two free agents this year that can help a team win a title and they are Dwight and Paul. Dwight carried a Magic team to the finals with Jameer Nelson as the PG. Paul and Horford plus a bunch of 3 pt shooters and a solid wing defender would equal the best team Howard had ever played on. This trio is by far our best chance at winning a title. I have to question the BBIQ of anyone who thinks differently.

Only two free agents can help a team win a title? That is an awful argument. Any single player could help his future team win a title.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Alex, you can't be serious. There are only two free agents this year that can help a team win a title and they are Dwight and Paul. Dwight carried a Magic team to the finals with Jameer Nelson as the PG. Paul and Horford plus a bunch of 3 pt shooters and a solid wing defender would equal the best team Howard had ever played on. This trio is by far our best chance at winning a title. I have to question the BBIQ of anyone who thinks differently.
So all of of those championships that guys like Robert Horry and Derek Fisher were just given to them? Every player has a role and a way they contribute to the overall goal of a championship. Stars make it easier, every team needs those guys like Horry and Fisher to win titles.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Al Jefferson and OJ Mayo sound good to me. I am for keeping Josh as well, but I don't think we are adding two higher priced free agents and keeping him.

You would rather have Mayo and Jefferson then Howard and Paul ?

Now I'm OK with T. Evans and Jefferson as Plan B but would much prefer Plan A be Howard and Paul.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I don't want Howard and Paul because that means I will get priced out of good tickets in good seats to games..... I kid of course...lol.A choice between Howard and Paul and any other two free agents is a no brainer. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of D12's offensive game or his attitude but if he focuses on defense and rebounding and picks his spots offensively him and CP3 would be better that any other FA combo.

You would rather have Mayo and Jefferson then Howard and Paul ?

Now I'm OK with T. Evans and Jefferson as Plan B but would much prefer Plan A be Howard and Paul.

I think Howard is the most overrated player in the league. I dislike him as a player and even more as a person. He constantly pouts and whines. I don't necessarily like Chris Paul either, but at least he is good at what he does.

I would rather have Jefferson and Paul over anything involving Howard.

Only two free agents can help a team win a title? That is an awful argument. Any single player could help his future team win a title.

No they couldn't. Giving Josh or Jefferson $15 million per year or more pretty much guarantees that this team will never win a title as long as they are on the team. You have to have superstars to win titles. Paul and Howard are the only 2 superstars that are available this offseason.

No they couldn't. Giving Josh or Jefferson $15 million per year or more pretty much guarantees that this team will never win a title as long as they are on the team. You have to have superstars to win titles. Paul and Howard are the only 2 superstars that are available this offseason.

Is Ray Allen a superstar? The Heat added him and they will win a title with his contributions. Miami needed role players to win their title last season. Obviously there three superstars two seasons ago didn't get them their title.

Is Ray Allen a superstar? The Heat added him and they will win a title with his contributions. Miami needed role players to win their title last season. Obviously there three superstars two seasons ago didn't get them their title.

You are correct. Superstars don't matter. It is odd though that only one team has won a championship in the past 30 years without having atleast one superstar.

Is this the return of Joker?

Who is Memphis' Superstar?

Defensive player of the year Gasol and Zbo. They may not be flashy but they are as steady as you get. And one other point, Memphis is just like us in another way. They have never gotten out of the 2nd round either.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Defensive player of the year Gasol and Zbo. They may not be flashy but they are as steady as you get. And one other point, Memphis is just like us in another way. They have never gotten out of the 2nd round either.

Was Gasol even on the All star team?

Was Gasol even on the All star team?

No he wasn't but he also didn't make the 1st All-defensive team but got the defensive player of the year award - such useless awards. I don't get it.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

No he wasn't but he also didn't make the 1st All-defensive team but got the defensive player of the year award - such useless awards. I don't get it.

One is the coaches and he was 2nd team all defense and the other was the writers and he was DPOY. I say both have merit, especially since the coaches agreed he is a great defensive players otherwise he is not 2nd team. Seriously, there is only "one" first and second in the NBA out of all the centers is not shabby.

Kinda hard to be considered a Super Star and not even make the All Star team!

I am not saying they have a superstar. I am saying they have never made it out of the 2nd round. Do you honestly think they have a shot if Westbrook is playing? And even without Westbrook, every game has come down to the last three minutes or less.

Edited by Buzzard