• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Seek Sign-And-Trade Scenarios For Josh Smith

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I am not saying they have a superstar. I am saying they have never made it out of the 2nd round. Do you honestly think they have a shot if Westbrook is playing? And even without Westbrook, every game has come down to the last three minutes.

Yes! 2 years ago they took OKC to 7 games

Yes! 2 years ago they took OKC to 7 games

I tell you what, next season when they face each other, straight up bet every game. Regular season and playoffs, you name the amount starting at 25 bucks or more and I take OKC.

• Premium Member

I tell you what, next season when they face each other, straight up bet every game. Regular season and playoffs, you name the amount starting at 25 bucks or more and I take OKC.

I wouldn't be surprised if this team went to the finals this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if this team went to the finals this year.

Conley is playing out of his mind with his PPG and I don't expect that to continue. ZBO and Gasol alone are like us with just Josh and Horford. If Teague was putting up 20ppg, there is a great chance we would still be playing.

Conley has always been their x factor but his inconsistency has always been their downfall as well.

Memphis is a weird team. They play hard at all times because of Hollins, but it's painful to watch them try to shoot from outside. I wish for Teague to turn into Conley as far as confidence to lead and not sulk so much. Durant will get his regardless, but I've seen more than a few defenders push him around and face him to prevent his catches in crucial moments this season, some much less knowledgeable and rugged than Tony Allen is. He's notorious for being a film freak and knowing opposing teams' plays, so knowing what OKC is going to do without Russell is a breeze for him, especially with so many offensive no -factors for the Thunder. With that said, I'm sure KD has one more monstrous, winning performance in him before they bow out and Presti cans Brooks.

Gasol is a much better defensive player than any big we got. Plus, they aremuch more physical and dominate the boards. They could have Jeff Teague and probably play just as well.

I think Teague and Conley are close to equals. My point on Josh and Horf being similar to Zbo and Gasol is where we get our offense from. Defensively, Memphis is a better team.

Conley is playing out of his mind with his PPG and I don't expect that to continue. ZBO and Gasol alone are like us with just Josh and Horford. If Teague was putting up 20ppg, there is a great chance we would still be playing.

Conley has always been their x factor but his inconsistency has always been their downfall as well.

Not really ZBO and Gasol are always scrapping and fighting, throwing bodies down low and giving other big men hell . We have difficulty even getting jbrick and AL to stay in the paint consistently.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not really ZBO and Gasol are always scrapping and fighting, throwing bodies down low and giving other big men hell . We have difficulty even getting jbrick and AL to stay in the paint consistently.

Thank you!

Since you missed this, I will repost:

I think Teague and Conley are close to equals. My point on Josh and Horf being similar to Zbo and Gasol is where we get our offense from. Defensively, Memphis is a better team.

Oh ok I see what you mean.

I guess you mean by C/ PF position in name only because the way Gasoline and Zbo play in the paint and score their points is nothing close to Al and Josh.

I guess you mean by C/ PF position in name only because the way Gasoline and Zbo play in the paint and score their points is nothing close to Al and Josh.

He is only comparing them how they are both our leading scorers like how zbo and gasol are the grizzlies leading scorers.

He is only comparing them how they are both our leading scorers like how zbo and gasol are the grizzlies leading scorers.

Exactly. Not the rocket science version. Just the fact that their #1 and 2 scorers are very similar to ours.

Josh and AL = 34.9 and Zbo and Gasol = 29.6.

Now if you look at what most call the real contenders:

OKC, Westbrook and Durant = 51.3

Miami, Bron and Wade = 48.0

Spurs, Duncan and Parker = 38.1

I don't think its that much of a reach from a offensive talent standpoint to say Memphis is much closer to us than they are to the big three. And if you don't think OKC is a much more explosive team ( offensively and defensively ) with Westbrook, you are on drugs.

Exactly. Not the rocket science version. Just the fact that their #1 and 2 scorers are very similar to ours. Josh and AL = 34.9 and Zbo and Gasol = 29.6. Now if you look at what most call the real contenders:OKC, Westbrook and Durant = 51.3Miami, Bron and Wade = 48.0Spurs, Duncan and Parker = 38.1 I don't think its that much of a reach from a offensive talent standpoint to say Memphis is much closer to us than they are to the big three. And if you don't think OKC is a much more explosive team ( offensively and defensively ) with Westbrook, you are on drugs.

Got it.

Who is Memphis' Superstar?

Memphis doesn't have a superstar. They also haven't won a title either. They do have a good shot this year but I would still favor Miami over them if they make it to the Finals. They have also been a bit lucky with Griffin and Westbrook both being injured. I do believe that they would have handled LAC with or without Griffin but there is no telling how the OKC series plays out with a healthy Westbrook.

Memphis doesn't have a superstar. They also haven't won a title either. They do have a good shot this year but I would still favor Miami over them if they make it to the Finals. They have also been a bit lucky with Griffin and Westbrook both being injured. I do believe that they would have handled LAC with or without Griffin but there is no telling how the OKC series plays out with a healthy Westbrook.

They are this years Cinderella story but their luck runs out in the western conference finals. That is provided OKC does not win three straight. All four games decided by 6pts or less, I don't think we are done watching this series at all.

I think Memphis deserves more credit that yall are giving them. This is the best team defense in the league and their bigs can score on anyone. I would probably give the edge to OKC if Westbrook was healthy but Memphis is no slouch. I do think that Memphis is a tougher challenge for Miami than OKC would be due to their style of play and their bigs.

I think Memphis deserves more credit that yall are giving them. This is the best team defense in the league and their bigs can score on anyone. I would probably give the edge to OKC if Westbrook was healthy but Memphis is no slouch. I do think that Memphis is a tougher challenge for Miami than OKC would be due to their style of play and their bigs.

Miami will run Memphis off the court. I honestly don't know who can beat Miami now with Westbrook gone and the Spurs once again showing their age. GSW is fun and they have both the big man play and the speed on the edges.

The Knicks and Pacers are pretenders though NY had Miami's number in the regular season. If I am betting on a cinderella this season. its GSW.

Edited by Buzzard