• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeremy Tyler

LamarHampton

Does anyone remember trading draft considerations (I think a 2nd round pick) for that Jeremy Tyler kid at the trade deadline? The guy played like 5 mins, didn't seem to know what was going on in those 5 mins, and then got cut.

Anyone know what that was about?

Hoopsworld shows that he's got a salary amount for next season but is also "not with the team:" http://www.hoopsworld.com/atlanta-hawks-team-salary

Seemed like he could be a decent, cheap guy to try and develop as a backup center (Petro-esque?), but was he just really THAT bad?

What was with the trade and quick cut? (Literally after 5 mins of PT) If we were going to do that, why even bother? At least with the draft pick, we'd have an asset to trade.

Anyone know if there's a chance we can bring him back?

• Premium Member

He basically got cut when we picked up Mack. He seemed like a guy that could develop into a rotational player after we read about him after the trade.Not sure if he just didn't impress or we just really needed to pick up a guard. Either way, he has been in our system and I'm sure if we want him back there will be a spot for him.

I thought Tyler has some serious personality issues. I agree he was cut to make room for Mack, but if he was any better than Petro, they could have easily cut Petro.

My take is the boat has sailed on Tyler and the Hawks.

Guest Walter

I thought Tyler has some serious personality issues. I agree he was cut to make room for Mack, but if he was any better than Petro, they could have easily cut Petro. My take is the boat has sailed on Tyler and the Hawks.

So serious we saw them in 5 mins of PT but didn't see it in his 2 yrs in the league? It was a wasted move. Tyler deserved better if not the hawks. Players on 10 day contracts get more respect than he did.W

• Moderators

So serious we saw them in 5 mins of PT but didn't see it in his 2 yrs in the league? It was a wasted move. Tyler deserved better if not the hawks. Players on 10 day contracts get more respect than he did.W

It was a wasted move. My guess is he showed something that raised red flags for the team and they just cut him loose rather than bothering with it. Either way, it was a waste of a pick but at least a second rounder that is a lower % asset.