• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What I fear about hawksquawk

JTB

So we complain that our home court is filled with other team's bandwagon fans but have a problem with the thought of our forum being filled with our own bandwagon fans? I thought the goal was to have fans - bandwagon fans or not.

• Like 1

Yall newbies don't know this butWe survived the Hanno Mottola Bandwagon fans. We survived the Big Balla Ed Gray Bandwagoners. We survived the Landlord Bandwagoners and we even survived Team Dime.... D12 and CP3 bandwagoners won't give HS much concern.At the end of the day, some of those bandwagoners became true Hawks fans and even more important Hawksquawkers for life.

Not to mention the Theo Ratliff, Alan Henderson, and J-Chillz bandwagoners. Those were some rough years...

• Premium Member

We also survived Dan Dickau groupies :-/

Pape Sy had grown men acting like Bieber fans. We survived Pape; we can survive a broke back D12. Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

If this team gets bandwagoners, it'll be a sign that we're 1) winning championships or 2) signing superstars.

What's the problem here?

But, but, but people enjoy the extra leg room at Phillips and the ability to walk down to sit court side after only paying for a 10 dollar ticket! Also, a lot of regulars will have to be relegated to one of the *gasp* overflow chat rooms if they were unfortunate to decide to make of a plate of nachos before sitting down to the game!

• Like 1

I was surprised I was the only Zaza fan on the Magic boards, the Bobcat boards (for the one day he was on the Bobcats), the Bucks board, and the the only one on the Hawks boards. I wasn't even on a bandwagon, more like a wheelbarrow I guess.

• Moderators

There is a difference between basketball and football fans though... Falcons boards are the way they are because that's the way a typical football fan is... I mean you hear the stories about Raider fans beating the hell out of Niner fans and what not. That level of fanhood doesn't exist in basketball. Go check out the Laker, Celtic, and Heat forums. They don't have big issues with the garbage-mouthed trolls like FalconsLIFE and other football forums do. I too had this fear of bandwagoners jumping on board, but if you look at the Hawks attendance numbers, we can use any fans we can get. I'd also be nice to have the Philips rocking for the Hawks when the Lakers and Heat are in town. The forums will be fine. As Don Draper said in Mad Men, "Our biggest fears lie in anticipation". Things are never as bad as you fear... lol

I was surprised I was the only Zaza fan on the Magic boards, the Bobcat boards (for the one day he was on the Bobcats), the Bucks board, and the the only one on the Hawks boards. I wasn't even on a bandwagon, more like a wheelbarrow I guess.

No, you was just a

Posted Image

• Like 1

There is a difference between basketball and football fans though... Falcons boards are the way they are because that's the way a typical football fan is... I mean you hear the stories about Raider fans beating the hell out of Niner fans and what not. That level of fanhood doesn't exist in basketball.

-snip-

When I was stationed in Denver, some of my Marine buddies decided to ride down the main strip with a Raiders flag hanging out of their car after the Raiders came to town and beat the Broncos around 79. They got three gunshots that broke out their windows and luckily didn't hit any of them. They do take that stuff seriously <grin>

• Moderators

I can't believe this thread got up to 3 pagez

I can't believe this is anyone's worst fear about the Squawk! My list is much longer and darker.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1