• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard is really the only Free Agent that matters for us

NBASupes

The Hawks have never been on any of D12's lists - real or imaginary. They weren't on the list of teams he was interested in going to via trade from Orlando and we are not on his FA list - what's new!I would take Asik in a SnT with Josh to Houston so he can team up with D12 there.

Asik and Parsons and we are talking... But only if we dont have a real shot at Dwight ourselves.

There is really no 1a, 1b situation. If we miss on Dwight, we will miss on CP3. Nothing else to it. After that I am cool trading Teague and Smith for 2014 draft picks and getting bad players exp contracts like Ben Gordon and releasing them asap.

We need to commit to a full rebuild with only Horford on board. We need one of those elite prospects in the 2014 NBA draft.

There are several reasons we are looked at like the Clippers east. Here is what I consider to be the top three.

1- our playoff futility

2-our appeared cheapness

3-our history of bad draft picks

What your plan is telling every decent FA over the next three to four years, or longer, if our picks bust, is we are going to remain the Clippers east. Good luck with that.

Edited by Buzzard

I'm a huge Parsons fan. If they got Dwight and wanted Smoove in a sign and trade I'd love to get the other CP. Horford and Parsons is a good start to a smart efficient club.

Asik and Parsons and we are talking... But only if we dont have a real shot at Dwight ourselves.

I see no way in hell that they move Parson's.

1) He's their second best player. Young, only a sophomore, spaces the floor, drop dead handsome, etc. etc.

2) he's only owed 1.9 mil over the next 2 years

a) that makes him even more valuable to them

b) it's not nearly enough salary to allow them to trade for Josh on even his current salary and afford Dwight.

Considering that people were already becoming content with losing Josh for nothing this is a huge leap in expectations. We'll just have to "settle" for Asik, TRob/Motiejunas/TJones......./Royce.

That is also if Houston feels that they do want Josh considering their cheaper and younger crop of combo-forwards.

Or Dwight feels that Josh not playing with him is a deal breaker (would be a lot easier just coming here if that's his feeling)

I see no way in hell that they move Parson's.

1) He's their second best player. Young, only a sophomore, spaces the floor, drop dead handsome, etc. etc.

2) he's only owed 1.9 mil over the next 2 years

a) that makes him even more valuable to them

b) it's not nearly enough salary to allow them to trade for Josh on even his current salary and afford Dwight.

Considering that people were already becoming content with losing Josh for nothing this is a huge leap in expectations. We'll just have to "settle" for Asik, TRob/Motiejunas/TJones......./Royce.

That is also if Houston feels that they do want Josh considering their cheaper and younger crop of combo-forwards.

Or Dwight feels that Josh not playing with him is a deal breaker (would be a lot easier just coming here if that's his feeling)

People here in Houston aren't exactly Parsons fanboys and if the difference between getting Josh & Dwight or maybe not getting Dwight at all was throwing in Parsons (whom they'd no longer need with Josh) / salary filler in addition to Asik (whom they no longer need with Dwight) then I can assure you the fans would be perfectly happy with that.

You've got a championship caliber club in Houston with Lin / Harden / Josh / Robinson / Dwight and still have plenty of young depth on the bench.

Houston would probably have to make some creative moves to get enough room to sign Dwight without giving up Asik and Parsons to save them to trade to us but I'm sure they could make it happen.

For Atlanta we'd have a roster capable of competing this year and plenty of cap room to make other moves or just sign 1 year deals to fill out the roster and play again next year.

I do want to make it clear that I'd MUCH rather have Dwight in Atlanta than to help him and Josh team up in Houston, but if Dwight isn't coming to Atlanta then I want to try and steal as much talent as I can from a team desperate to sign him.

They can barely even fit Dwight with creative accounting so it's going to be a full on boondoggle fitting both Dwight and Josh is all I'm saying. Dwight clearly isn't hitching his future to Josh so I seeing him as inconsequential.

They can barely even fit Dwight with creative accounting so it's going to be a full on boondoggle fitting both Dwight and Josh is all I'm saying. Dwight clearly isn't hitching his future to Josh so I seeing him as inconsequential.

I looked at it today and they don't look like they have enough for Dwight unless the cap moves a bit. Old cap was 58.04 I believe and they getting creative here is what they have.

38.74 million in guaranteed salaries.

Asik

Lin

Harden

Robinson

White

Jones

Montiejunas

Honeycutt (waived)

They have 7 non guaranteed salaries which includes:

Delfino

Brooks

Parsons

They have a team option on Francisco Garcia for 6 million. His cap hold is 9 million.

So in order to do this at 58.04 million they would have to waive Garcia but could keep Parsons and just barely slide under the cap. However, they would have to trade the options at the top of the roster to acquire Smith and none of hte non guarantees etc or their cap number is too great to sign Dwight. So yes, Dwight would be creative considering mandatory vet min cap holds...Smith/Dwight is impossible without trading away salary first.

Josh and Dwight can only happen with SnT.

It's clear, that if Atlanta will get Dwight, it will be getting both CP3 and him on board. CP3 is not leaving LAC for Dal or Hou.

See above. Josh and Dwight can't happen in Houston. Josh and Dwight could technically happen here.

Scenario: Renounce all Free Agents except Josh/Teague/Scott

Roster:

Horford

Williams

Jenkins

Scott

Smith - (14 million first year)

Teague (3.47 million QO)

total - 36.06 million + 2 rookie holds + vet holds

This leaves approximately 18 million for Dwight.

If Teague signs elsewhere it gets easier.

There is no way to get CP3 and Dwight here without renouncing Teague/Smith as well. However renouncing both Teague and Smith frees up just enough room for both.

So here are your options:

Teague

Williams/Jenkins

Smith/

Horford/Scott

Howard/

Picks and filler

Or

Paul

Williams/Jenkins

Horford/Scott

Howard/

Picks and filler

Now let me give you one last option and see what you think.

Given Bynum a deal starting at the same 14 million you were giving Smith in the above Deal. Use Jenkins to pry a quality SG from a team that is in cap trouble and either resign Smith or go after another team's PG as well.

The more I've considered Bynum, the more intrigued I've become.

I am not enamored with the D12 circus but I find no fault in him having a PRIVATE discussion with Kupcheck - LA is trying to sell him on being the face of their franchise for the future, he should be concerned about how the coach uses him ( or not use him). Even Phil knows that D'Antoni is the wrong coach for D12.

“When Dwight has a private meeting with Mitch Kupchak, I don’t know who the source would be… other than Mitch Kupchak. My guess is Mitch is not the source and Dwight is not the source.”

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/stan-van-gundy-on-latest-dwight-howard-saga/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=stan-van-gundy-on-latest-dwight-howard-saga

Looks like Stan really has his boy's back. How odd considering that just a few years back he mentioned Dwight wanted him fired in a press conference.