• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard is really the only Free Agent that matters for us

NBASupes

Telling me D12 would mean a lot is not a news flash. And even though I still think it will be a San Antonio/Miami final, you need to tell Memphis/Indy they have no hope without a first team Nike Superstar. I don't think they got this memo.

They build a team around a decent offensive skilled true centers with defensive anchoring ability and one All Star level perimeter players with no weaknesses. Nothing complex about how Indy and Memphis built their team. It was smart especially if you do not have a superstar.

If you do not have that, you can't win. Atlanta proved that for years.

They build a team around a decent offensive skilled true centers with defensive anchoring ability and one All Star level perimeter players with no weaknesses. Nothing complex about how Indy and Memphis built their team. It was smart especially if you do not have a superstar.

If you do not have that, you can't win. Atlanta proved that for years.

I thought your whole thread is about not having Dwight we can't win. Neither Memphis or Indy have Dwight, so why can't we build like them instead of tearing everything apart.

Teague=Conley or Hill

Horford=ZBo or West

We need a center to = Gasol or Hibbert

Damn near anyone can equal Stephenson or Allen

We need a SF who can play D and jack up some shots. Prince or George

We have two picks and a ton of cap. Instead of blowing it up and tanking. Lets try and get a SF and Center.

I thought your whole thread is about not having Dwight we can't win. Neither Memphis or Indy have Dwight, so why can't we build like them instead of tearing everything apart.

Teague=Conley or Hill

Horford=ZBo or West

We need a center to = Gasol or Hibbert

Damn near anyone can equal Stephenson or Allen

We need a SF who can play D and jack up some shots. Prince or George

We have two picks and a ton of cap. Instead of blowing it up and tanking. Lets try and get a SF and Center.

Teague is not even close to either of Conley and Hill. Hill ranks out as a solid NBA PG.Conley is one of the most efficient PG's. He to me in the prime Brandon Roy of PG's.

Teague is a combo guard who is an average PG. His metrics and advantage stats say as much. Watching him play, his playmaking skills leave a lot to be desired.

Horford is better than Z-Bo or West but he's not play next to Hibbert or Marc Gasol, he is playing next to an even smaller undersized tweener in Josh Smith. Not quite ideal my friend.

We need a PG, Center, and those teams have better SG and SF as well not to mention Granger is out for Indy who is a top 25-30 player in my opinion.

Blowing it up and tanking is a superior option in my option. Bynum knees are not trustworthy. Pek will likely be resigned. No one else comes close in terms of readiness outside of are already clear options.

Jeff Teague is very average. All of his numbers and watching him play, he would be more suited to come off the bench.

It still comes down to can the Hawks find an all world defensive center with sufficient offense that is not named Dwight? If not then no, they can't even be the Pacers or Grizzlies.

We have two picks this season and one next. Hibbert was drafted 17th and Gasol was taken 48th. If our teams future is D12 or bust, I guess we should pack our bags and move to Vegas after Howard resigns with LA.

Teague is not even close to either of Conley and Hill. Hill ranks out as a solid NBA PG.Conley is one of the most efficient PG's. He to me in the prime Brandon Roy of PG's.

Teague is a combo guard who is an average PG. His metrics and advantage stats say as much. Watching him play, his playmaking skills leave a lot to be desired.

Jeff Teague is very average. All of his numbers and watching him play, he would be more suited to come off the bench.

Conley is as inconsistent as they come and the Grizz win in spite of him not because of him. Hill is the exact same package. Before you speak again on your proclaimed all world point guards, check their stats. Hill is avg .409 and Conley is shooting a woeful .385 during this years playoff run.

Conley is as inconsistent as they come and the Grizz win in spite of him not because of him. Hill is the exact same package. Before you speak again on your proclaimed all world point guards, check their stats. Hill is avg .409 and Conley is shooting a woeful .385 during this years playoff run.

You can't be serious? Conley is the highest analytic player on the Grizzles. More than Allen, Gasol and Z-Bo. Hill is rated on a solid tier of all PG's. You are strictly using your opinion as fact. Shooting percentages in the playoffs is a part of evaluation of players but it's not even close to a measure larger than a small talking point. Let's talk efficiency, WS, effectiveness in a game, consistency and what not. All things both players are superior to Jeff in the regular season and the playoffs.

We have two picks this season and one next. Hibbert was drafted 17th and Gasol was taken 48th. If our teams future is D12 or bust, I guess we should pack our bags and move to Vegas after Howard resigns with LA.

You can't possibly be that obtuse to suggest that the entirety of the franchise's future rests on obtaining Dwight.....Especially when no such thing has been suggested in this thread as its explicit purpose is in regard to this very singular summer.That is unless you are honestly suggesting that our rookies this year and next have the likelihood to come in and have the same impact as players that are already in their 5th years.Given that there is a very low probability of that and even you yourself suggested future drafts, what pray tell would the Hawks be doing in the mean time? May not be tanking but it most certainly won't be championship aspirations either.

You can't be serious? Conley is the highest analytic player on the Grizzles. More than Allen, Gasol and Z-Bo. Hill is rated on a solid tier of all PG's. You are strictly using your opinion as fact. Shooting percentages in the playoffs is a part of evaluation of players but it's not even close to a measure larger than a small talking point. Let's talk efficiency, WS, effectiveness in a game, consistency and what not. All things both players are superior to Jeff in the regular season and the playoffs.

I guess you have some SAT, IQ, and GPA scores to prove your point on Conley's intelligence vs his team mates, otherwise you are just stating your opinion.

And the playoffs do mean everything, just ask this board what we think about Smoove's playoff averages and our 1st and 2nd round exits.

Edited by Buzzard

You can't possibly be that obtuse to suggest that the entirety of the franchise's future rests on obtaining Dwight.....Especially when no such thing has been suggested in this thread as its explicit purpose is in regard to thisverysingularsummer.That is unless you are honestly suggesting that our rookies this year and next have the likelihood to come in and have the same impact as players that are already in their 5th years.Given that there is a very low probability of that and even you yourself suggested future drafts, what pray tell would the Hawks be doing in the mean time? May not be tanking but it most certainly won't be championship aspirations either.

Obviously I was being sarcastic about moving to Vegas but I will spell it out to you. I am one of the guys here you keep bashing because I suggest we use our picks and cap for players not named CP3 and D12 should they do the likely thing and sign for the max with their current teams.

Yes, because us not wishing for a mediocrity sandwich of Al Jefferson and Andre Iguodala in lieu of signing Dwight Howard/Chris Paul means that we are entirely averse to signing or drafting anyone.

Good at least you figured out my sarcasm; took you long enough. You also failed to mention that I like Evans and Nik. Jefferson did not make my top five but he is still a better big man than Josh and I have Evans ranked higher than both Jefferson and Iggy. Don't mention that either it only proves my point that you just want to bash.

Its much easier to be critical, than it is to be creative all day long.

Edited by Buzzard

Those were but examples but its easier to be sarcastic and literal than to critically think.

You should try it sometime. Instead of pointing out the two weakest of my FA picks ( Iggy 5th and Jefferson not on my top 5 but he would have been 6th if I would have done a top 10 ) come up with your own creative list.

Or not, just keep trolling around bashing others ideas.

Lakers are done and Dwight knows it. He will have a hard time leaving the money on the table and LA will be his team. Dallas has no up and coming youth; Dirk is getting up there as well. If deep playoff runs and titles is his goal, Houston and us, we are his best bets.

Edited by Buzzard

I read of Howard's interest in Houston and Dallas but no mention of Atlanta. I really think he will end up in Houston. That may turn into a sign and trade of smith for Asik plus change.

The Hawks have never been on any of D12's lists - real or imaginary. They weren't on the list of teams he was interested in going to via trade from Orlando and we are not on his FA list - what's new!I would take Asik in a SnT with Josh to Houston so he can team up with D12 there. Edited by JayBirdHawk