• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard is really the only Free Agent that matters for us

NBASupes

Ok well what about love in 2015 or Durant in 2016. See the thing about is, is that it will be easier for Paul to turn his back on the clippers than it will be for Howard to turn his back on the lakers. An sometimes man you never know that old ass team may make some noise come next season.Also by just looking at the franchises unlike Paul, Howard knows that the lakers will do all they can to get him some support as soon as they can they have a history of getting over on teams and also having superior teams. Do you think Paul is going to get that commitment and treatment from the clippers?......he has a better shot winning a ring with this years hawks team than the clippers.I don't see Paul's decision being very hard man. If he came to the ATL by himself the hawks can put good talent around him in the same off season...that will be better or compare to what the clippers roster looks like.We need to get Paul in order to get Howard.

What about Love? That's two years away. You think Dwight wants to waste two years waiting for Love? He wants reinforcement now and Durant is not leaving OKC.

You are using hope with the Lakers. You hope to sign an impact player. You hope Lebron leaves Miami for LA. You hope K Love isn't traded at the deadline this upcoming season to a contender and you hope he doesn't want to reup with that team and instead sign with the Lakers. The Lakers are in a tough spot. Probably locked in for the 6th to 8th seed. No money. Old. When they have money, no one will likely sign who is big like Bosh, Wade, Melo or James. They are in a tight spot called the middle. Their players trade value is 1/6 of what they would like and they know it too.

What you want to say is it's the Lakers franchise. They have the best name in Basketball but that doesn't mean anything. We seen the Lakers struggle before and we will see them struggle again. It's the NBA. The only teams who seem to be the same are the Hawks. They seem to be just good for the last 30 years with some bad seasons in the mix. The Lakers got over on some teams which is true but this time it bit them in the butt. It happens. I understand what you are thinking. History, Lakers>>>Hawks, Hawks>>>Clippers, and Lakers>>>>>>>>Clippers but in this case, it's Clippers>>>Lakers. It's not about history.

Ferry will make his pitch to D12. He wants him as do 29 other GMs. It will be a good offer and a good pitch; but I don't see Ferry wasting over a week on him if Howard is his usual wishy washy self.

Ferry will make his pitch to D12. He wants him as do 29 other GMs. It will be a good offer and a good pitch; but I don't see Ferry wasting over a week on him if Howard is his usual wishy washy self.

I doubt other teams will get the chance to speak to Dwight: It will probably be: Hawks, Lakers, Rockets, Mavs, and Orlando.

What about Love? That's two years away. You think Dwight wants to waste two years waiting for Love? He wants reinforcement now and Durant is not leaving OKC. You are using hope with the Lakers. You hope to sign an impact player. You hope Lebron leaves Miami for LA. You hope K Love isn't traded at the deadline this upcoming season to a contender and you hope he doesn't want to reup with that team and instead sign with the Lakers. The Lakers are in a tough spot. Probably locked in for the 6th to 8th seed. No money. Old. When they have money, no one will likely sign who is big like Bosh, Wade, Melo or James. They are in a tight spot called the middle. Their players trade value is 1/6 of what they would like and they know it too. What you want to say is it's the Lakers franchise. They have the best name in Basketball but that doesn't mean anything. We seen the Lakers struggle before and we will see them struggle again. It's the NBA. The only teams who seem to be the same are the Hawks. They seem to be just good for the last 30 years with some bad seasons in the mix. The Lakers got over on some teams which is true but this time it bit them in the butt. It happens. I understand what you are thinking. History, Lakers>>>Hawks, Hawks>>>Clippers, and Lakers>>>>>>>>Clippers but in this case, it's Clippers>>>Lakers. It's not about history.

We aren't you using hope as well. Why is Paul in a better position to you? Are you hoping Blake Griffen turns into more than just a dunker? Are you hoping that Jordan actually becomes useful and actually grab more than 6 boards in the starter minutes he receives? Hoping that Crawford actually learns defense? Hoping that Bledsoe actually returns to the clippers for next season? Hoping that Caron butler, billups, grant hill return to their prime days?Both franchises are boiling in hot water but Howard has to play with this old ass team for one more season where Paul has to hope the players he's around can step up and be more than what they are now in the future. Howard plays one more year with this old ass team then all these old ass players contracts are off the books you are crazy if you don't think the mighty powerful LA can't get another star to pair with Howard after Kobe and crew leaves?And just a FYI Kobe was the reason the lakers got to the playoffs not Howard. Don't disrespect the black mamba! Howard got better but it was mainly Kobe and his hero ball that put the lakers to the 7th seed. I get you like Howard alot but don't say he's the reason LA made it to the playoffs please it's not logical. <----that argument you can't win Kobe played like a 25 year old this year and he still averaged a good fg% even with taking a bunch of shots. Just saying you can't disrespect what a 34 year old does on the court and more important you cannot disrespect a sure future hall of famer.

I don't get this thread. Howard was a shell of his former self this season.

you are speaking about things you obviously don't know.

Dwight's stats the last 13 games of the season (ie: once he was approaching healthy and Gasol was back)

20.2 ppg

12.3 RPG

2.6 BPG

That is not a shadow of his former self. Those are MVP candidate type numbers.

When healthy, Dwight is the second most important player in the NBA. Only Lebron means more to a team. Getting Dwight > than anything else we could do.

The last 2 seasons before his injury season in LA

21.5 PPG

14.3 RPG

2.3 BPG

Dwight Howard controls the boards and controls the paint. You saw how awful his supporting cast was in Orlando. We lost Joe/Marvin and were nearly the same team. They lost Howard and became one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA.

I would be happy with Dwight/Al/, Dwight/Josh, Dwight/Paul , Dwight/Ringo Star as our big two.

Starting with "a healthy" Dwight = playoffs. Surrounding him with 2 good shooters and average to good defenders means contender.

But I respect "leaderships" passion for a player he likes so much. I would like Howard here too but I would like a playmaker like Paul here just as much.So in this thread I'm not sure if its Leaderships love for Howard speaking or just real facts and I mean that by no disrespect.So again if we had to pick one to go after it should be Paul first. Paul has no real chance to win in LA and Howard does. And based off Paul's latest interviews he knows his clippers team isn't that great. Paul wants to be in a win now situation, not waiting on Griffen to step it up.

I really do not like this post. Number 1. The reason why I am a bigger proponent of Dwight is because he is more impactful than CP3. CP3 is amazingly efficient but he doesn't have a scoring mentality even though he can score. It hurts him more than not. Dwight during the 2nd half of the year was making up for LA's poor team and on ball defense and it was showing on their defensive stats. He is simply the most impactful defender in modern times with little help for most of his career.

You can call it what you want but I will not break from that. I use advanced stats and different metrics. I do not need to be a big fan to say that. My favorite player is Kobe and Melo yet I want neither if I am building a championship team at this stage of their careers. What you enjoy isn't always what wins rings.

At the end of the day, it's about rings. CP3 isn't going to win one in LA but can he in Atlanta. It will be tough to convince him without Dwight. Extremely tough. Horford can be the perfect fit but is that enough to beat Miami?

At the end of the day it's about money. Can the Hawks offer him more money than he's already going to get from the Clippers? Money is what the majority of professional athletes care about.

At the end of the day it's about money. Can the Hawks offer him more money than he's already going to get from the Clippers? Money is what the majority of professional athletes care about.

It's not its not its not....it's not about money! I honestly believe that Paul wants a ring more than he wants the cash. Howard I'm not sure about......as much as I can't stand lebron I think his Miami move made it clear in the eyes of all players! It's not all about money if you want to win in fact it isn't about money at all. Don't get me wrong a extra 10 mil or so is alot but damn how greedy are you going to be?!Regardless of their contract their going to be mega mega rich compared to a average American. Win a ring forget the extra 10 mil!

It's not its not its not....it's not about money! I honestly believe that Paul wants a ring more than he wants the cash. Howard I'm not sure about......as much as I can't stand lebron I think his Miami move made it clear in the eyes of all players! It's not all about money if you want to win in fact it isn't about money at all. Don't get me wrong a extra 10 mil or so is alot but damn how greedy are you going to be?!Regardless of their contract their going to be mega mega rich compared to a average American. Win a ring forget the extra 10 mil!

It's human nature to want more and more of something. Especially money which controls everything in the world. It's a fair guess to say all professional sports players are greedy and money is the biggest factor to them. There are some who want to win more than anything else, but those aren't a dime a dozen. Maybe I am wrong about Chris Paul.

I love you guys, and I enjoy reading all of the posts....I'm here every day, But to be the turd in the punch bowl....that's me. Dwight isn't coming to Atlanta..

• Like 1

Oh for God's sake - even if Dwight was stupid enough to "come home" to Atlanta where the ownership is a mess and he could be as bad or worse off than in ORL...his agent would talk sense into him.

Denial...it's not just a river in Egypt.

I chuckled a bit at your last comment.

Dwight's agent advised him to not opt into the last year of his deal when he was a free agent and could of signed with Brooklyn. We know how that turned out.He also just fired his longtime business manager and cousin so he truly is a wild card intent on doing whatever he wants. Wouldn't even surprise me if he pulled a Ricky Williams and retires early in order to pursue the teachings of the Dalai Lama or something. But then again, Ricky learned that hiding out in Australia doesn't make child support disappear.

• Like 1

you are speaking about things you obviously don't know. Dwight's stats the last 13 games of the season (ie: once he was approaching healthy and Gasol was back) 20.2 ppg12.3 RPG2.6 BPG That is not a shadow of his former self. Those are MVP candidate type numbers. When healthy, Dwight is the second most important player in the NBA. Only Lebron means more to a team. Getting Dwight > than anything else we could do. The last 2 seasons before his injury season in LA 21.5 PPG14.3 RPG2.3 BPG Dwight Howard controls the boards and controls the paint. You saw how awful his supporting cast was in Orlando. We lost Joe/Marvin and were nearly the same team. They lost Howard and became one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA. I would be happy with Dwight/Al/, Dwight/Josh, Dwight/Paul , Dwight/Ringo Star as our big two. Starting with "a healthy" Dwight = playoffs. Surrounding him with 2 good shooters and average to good defenders means contender.

I think you missed the title of the thread.No where did I say that I don't want Dwight .I just see a 1a and 1b situation.

I think you missed the title of the thread.

No where did I say that I don't want Dwight .

I just see a 1a and 1b situation.

No there is no other option for the Hawks. Dwight is the center to our multiple finals wins in the next few seasons. You didn't know this?Posted Image

I think you missed the title of the thread.No where did I say that I don't want Dwight .I just see a 1a and 1b situation.

There is really no 1a, 1b situation. If we miss on Dwight, we will miss on CP3. Nothing else to it. After that I am cool trading Teague and Smith for 2014 draft picks and getting bad players exp contracts like Ben Gordon and releasing them asap.

We need to commit to a full rebuild with only Horford on board. We need one of those elite prospects in the 2014 NBA draft.

There is really no 1a, 1b situation. If we miss on Dwight, we will miss on CP3. Nothing else to it. After that I am cool trading Teague and Smith for 2014 draft picks and getting bad players exp contracts like Ben Gordon and releasing them asap. We need to commit to a full rebuild with only Horford on board. We need one of those elite prospects in the 2014 NBA draft.

That can also be the other way around! If we miss on Paul we miss on Howard! They both should be highly targeted. If we have cap to get both why make only one a main priority?....ferry should be planning to go after both players extremely hard not one more than the other.Like everybody has said no cp3 no Howard or no Howard no cp3. They are only coming if they BOTH COMMIT AT THE SAME TIME!

• Moderators

That can also be the other way around! If we miss on Paul we miss on Howard! They both should be highly targeted. If we have cap to get both why make only one a main priority?....ferry should be planning to go after both players extremely hard not one more than the other.Like everybody has said no cp3 no Howard or no Howard no cp3. They are only coming if they BOTH COMMIT AT THE SAME TIME!

I disagree with this statement because I believe that Dwight is a lot worse situation in LA than CP3 and that may be enough for Howard to jump ship. Dwight said in a recent interview that he just wants to get back to enjoying the game and having fun out there once again, but this really goes against everything that the Kobe and he Lakers stand for. Atlanta would be the perfect place for Howard because that fun, energetic style of basketball is what the fans here crave. As for CP3, he has a team already that has an identity. Who are the Lakers though? It's kind of like that saying that all huskies are dogs but not all dogs are huskies. To get CP3 we need Dwight, but to get Dwight we don't need CP3. I believe what Atlanta can offer is enough to make Dwight to strongly consider us - his hometown, a fresh start, and a great opportunity to win a title for the next 8 years of his career with players like Horford in the prime of their careers. With Howard here, we also have a great chance to attract further talent. Worse thing about Howard coming to Atlanta is the hawks having to charge ticketing fees again. lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

It's this simple. I did all the scenarios, broke down the stats and other options. He is simply the piece that means a lot.

After that, Atlanta needs to look at trading our players for 1 year deals and trading for guys who suck on one year deals and buying out their deal so we can tank. SnT Teague, Korver, and Smoove. Get rid of all vets outside of Horf.

1. Howard and CP3

2. Howard and key FA's like Iggy and Monta

3. Tank

There is no other logical option. Everything else leads to nothing.

Telling me D12 would mean a lot is not a news flash. And even though I still think it will be a San Antonio/Miami final, you need to tell Memphis/Indy they have no hope without a first team Nike Superstar. I don't think they got this memo.

Edited by Buzzard

I disagree with this statement because I believe that Dwight is a lot worse situation in LA than CP3 and that may be enough for Howard to jump ship. Dwight said in a recent interview that he just wants to get back to enjoying the game and having fun out there once again, but this really goes against everything that the Kobe and he Lakers stand for. Atlanta would be the perfect place for Howard because that fun, energetic style of basketball is what the fans here crave. As for CP3, he has a team already that has an identity. Who are the Lakers though? It's kind of like that saying that all huskies are dogs but not all dogs are huskies. To get CP3 we need Dwight, but to get Dwight we don't need CP3. I believe what Atlanta can offer is enough to make Dwight to strongly consider us - his hometown, a fresh start, and a great opportunity to win a title for the next 8 years of his career with players like Horford in the prime of their careers. With Howard here, we also have a great chance to attract further talent. Worse thing about Howard coming to Atlanta is the hawks having to charge ticketing fees again. lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his point was the Lakers organization is much better than the Hawk organization which is better than the Clippers org. He thinks the Lakers have proven to screw teams in trades and he thinks it will be harder to get Dwight as a Hawk for that reason and he thinks Sterling is cheap and a bad owner which is true as well.

The problem with his logic is that CP3 has a bonafide voted in All Star in Blake Griffin at PF. As much as Horford is better and a much better fit for CP3, the reality is Griffin is more popular, a more talented individual player, and a face of the league type of player. Al isn't for now. Also who can Atlanta sign outside of Howard that can make the Hawks much better than the Clippers. The Clippers are not a legit playoff type of team but they a great regular season team and fun to watch. What can we do to prove to CP3 that we can be a great regular season and playoff team. We have holes too. Center and SF. You only have so much money and Pek and Bynum will not take much less to play here than Howard and Pek can be matched.

Dwight seems like the easier grab because he is. The Lakers are over the hill. Kobe looks like the Wiz MJ. Nash can't play with that personnel. Gasol has regressed and is a terrible team and PnR defender. The Lakers are old and flawed and next year they will have a lot of cap but who can they sign? Melo? Not really a strong class for them. Just a bunch of retreads. The Lakers need to rebuild but does Dwight want to is the question. LAC is not in a rebuilding phase at all.