Larry Drew Tribute Thread

DJlaysitup

Well we all have to be Happy that Larry won't be missing any meals in the near future...Congrats on the new job LD - but we will sure miss the "pressers"

I just wanted to post a couple of my favourites and invite others to add theirs.

Posted Image

"E N E R G Y"

"The guys have to take responsibilty...eat better...get dressed"

• Like 1

I thought this might be a good tribute song too...LD wakes up on the last day he has to coach Smoove - after a dream where Smoove plays smart for the whole game and pays attention:

..."Pull myself together...get back in the race"....good luck LD

Edited by DJlaysitup

You know in all honesty LD was a good but not great coach. He had some issues but overall I don't see how you can't be impressed at what he did.

Yeah Sothron...I mean let's face reality...as soon as JJ got traded for a bunch of expiring contracts (the "Danny Ferry Miracle")...LD knew the score. He had to somehow mesh a team out of a bunch of guys who (if they had any brains at all) were primarily looking out for their OWN futures and their next contracts. (can you even imagine all the calls from agents?)

Personally I think he did an amazing job. Heck - we won two games in the playoffs.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah Sothron...I mean let's face reality...as soon as JJ got traded for a bunch of expiring contracts (the "Danny Ferry Miracle")...LD knew the score. He had to somehow mesh a team out of a bunch of guys who (if they had any brains at all) were primarily looking out for their OWN futures and their next contracts. (can you even imagine all the calls from agents?)

Personally I think he did an amazing job. Heck - we won two games in the playoffs.

Thanks. I don't usually do this but I went to the bucks board on realgm and made this post. You guys here can feel free to comment on it. It is a thread I made to tell Bucks fans about what they are getting in Drew. I do think the guy is a good coach. You can't overstate how good he did this past season with a roster that only had one real small forward the whole season.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1253720

• Like 4

Thanks. I don't usually do this but I went to the bucks board on realgm and made this post. You guys here can feel free to comment on it. It is a thread I made to tell Bucks fans about what they are getting in Drew. I do think the guy is a good coach. You can't overstate how good he did this past season with a roster that only had one real small forward the whole season.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1253720

I thought that was an excellent and well thought out post Sothron - and I hope it gives a few Bucks fans a feeling to at least give LD the benefit of the doubt.

It is my guess - however - that LD was "strongly advised" on the point you make here and may not have had the freedom to do what he really wanted to (advised by ownership who needed the "Highlights")

"Non confrontational to the extreme. One of the lines Hawks fans were fed was that he had a "close" relationship with Josh Smith from his assistant coach days in Atlanta and this would let him steer Josh to better shot selection. Didn't remotely happen. Drew won't stand up to players so a player with questionable shot selections, effort or bad attitudes can linger for as long as they like."

Let's remember - Smoove was sat down for a game for what everybody knew was insubordination. I'm sure LD had to push as hard as he could to make that happen. Probably once Smoove's agent got involved they switched it to a mild injury.

• Like 1

Oh my god I love curb lol...u my Caucasian...lol

Leon is my dude! Seriously JB Smoove is the funniest human being alive!! Completely unrelated to this thread but I've gotta share this for any Leon fans and for those who've somehow missed the greatest comedy ever.
  • Like 1

Thanks Dolf, now ur making me watch all my curb DVD's from season 1 on...I guess that should make this month go fast till signing day July 1st :-)