• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tony Allen?

frankthetank966

I posted about Tony Allen a couple weeks ago and got pooped on...i personally love Allen. He may be a flopper but he is still the best perimeter defender in the league

I would love it. He doesnt offer much offensively, but he is a lock down defender. He will be in the 5-7 range, but if we were to bring CP3&D12, Allen as well as some other mid tier FA's would likely consider taking less.

FA:

Paul

Howard

Dunleavy

Allen

I.Johnson

Paul/Williams

Allen/Jenkins

Dunleavy/S.Muhammad

Horford/I.Johnson

Howard/G.Dieng

• Like 2

• Moderators

I like him but he doesnt fit into our "spacing and pacing" model ferry wants.

Agreed. Memphis struggled playing 4 on 5 on offense with him on the floor. At the price he will likely command, that makes me reluctant to add him.

• Like 1

Wonderful defender. Yet some of the stuff I've seen from him offensively was downright hilarious. I'll pass on a shooting guard who blows layups on a regular basis. Young Defensive-minded 2s and 3a are growing on trees right now, all of whom can be asked to knock down an open jumper or three every now and then while you have to check to see if the glass is still intact after one of Allen's attempts. I'm more of a Kahwaii Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler type of cat. Couple threes, couple dunks, capable of locking down for 48 minutes if needed.

Edited by benhillboy

Wonderful defender. Yet some of the stuff I've seen from him offensively was downright hilarious. I'll pass on a shooting guard who blows layups on a regular basis. Young Defensive-minded 2s and 3a are growing on trees right now, all of whom can be asked to knock down an open jumper or three every now and then while you have to check to see if the glass is still intact after one of Allen's attempts. I'm more of a Kahwaii Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler type of cat. Couple threes, couple dunks, capable of locking down for 48 minutes if needed.

He is also 31 and I feel his defense will start to deteriorate similar to Dahntay Jones (32). But a lot depends on what kind of $$$ he is seeking and the make up of the roster. I would prefer a player who is solid on both offense and defense than a great defensive player.

• Premium Member

These videos are always so stupid. They are put on YouTube to promote the player. Who knows what type of skill set he's playing against.

Overall Rank 20 Position Rank 4 Hollinger PER 20.22 Projection Mid-First Round Pick Positives

[*]Long athletic forward

[*]Explosive leaper

[*]Great speed and quickness for a forward

[*]Excellent motor

[*]Very good rebounder

[*]Excels in transition

[*]Can guard multiple positions

Negatives

[*]Needs to improve range on his jump shot

[*]Needs to add strength

[*]Academic issues have kept him off the court his first two seasons

The guy sounds like he can at the very least be a Tony Allen type defender at the 3-4 position.