• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Coon: Hawks can get Smoove, D12 and CP3 using bird rights?

Brotha2ThaNite

It's possible, although I don't think probable. Fun to speculate however... That would be a great group of players who could match up and defeat any other team in the NBA,I believe. A big lineup for sure that would be a match-up nightmare for defenses. Along with Korver in MLE possibly? (not sure if that would work or not, lol) Would be a fun season to watch.

No you can't.

If the Hawks keep Smith's cap hold / Bird's Rights then there is not enough room under the cap to sign both Paul and Howard. The only way to afford them both is to renounce Smith's cap hold which eliminates the Hawks Bird's Rights for Smith. We have been over this like a gazillion times guys.

I wish that dummy at 92.9 The Fan would quit spreading bogus info and attaching Coon's name to it. I have heard him say several times that "According to Coon the Hawks can sign Paul, Howard, and Josh Smith !" Then he takes calls on his fantasy on the false premise that Coon really said that.

What a joke ! Don't buy into that dummy. He has no clue.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 4

No you can't.

If the Hawks keep Smith's cap hold / Bird's Rights then there is not enough room under the cap to sign both Paul and Howard. The only way to afford them both is to renounce Smith's cap hold which eliminates the Hawks Bird's Rights for Smith. We have been over this like a gazillion times guys.

Killjoy Posted Image

• Like 1

No you can't.

I wish that dummy at 92.9 The Fan would quit spreading bogus info and attaching Coon's name to it. I have heard him say several times that "According to Coon the Hawks can sign Paul, Howard, and Josh Smith !" Then he takes calls on his fantasy on the false premise that Coon really said that.

What is Josh Smith's cap hold (number)?

Gearon was willing to go into the LT for LaBron, I believe he would for D12,CP3,Josh and Al.

I think that is a good point - (although I think coachx is right so it's a moot point).

Teams have gone over to fill their roster before...I think that is authorized.

(What the heck - if they are all going bankrupt anyway - may as well go out with a BANG !!!

Edited by DJlaysitup

No you can't.

Can you be more specific and tell us which of the dummies you're talking about?

Can you be more specific and tell us which of the dummies you're talking about?

Refering to guys on 92.9 The Fan who say we can sign Smith, Howard, and Paul and attach Coon's name to it. I don't know their names. Its not Randy Cross, the NBA TV guy, Jamie Dukes, Jerome Jerinovich, or Kordell Stewart................its a couple of other guys. The weekend guy who's name I don't know. He also fills in for Jerinovich in the afternoons when he is working the Braves games. The guys who sounds black on after 6:00 PM is guilty of it too..........the one with the guy white who just says uh hu, uh hu over and over.

I think that is a good point - (although I think coachx is right so it's a moot point).

Teams have gone over to fill their roster before...I think that is authorized.

(What the heck - if they are all going bankrupt anyway - may as well go out with a BANG !!!

You can go over the cap to sign you own free agents..............but that would mean we have to keep Josh's cap hold..........meaning not enough room to sign both Paul and Howard.

You can also go over the cap, and also into the luxury tax, to use exceptions like the MLE and league minimum contracts to fill out your roster. None of that would apply to Smith, Howard, or Paul.

Come on guys ! We are smarter then Atlanta shock jocks at 92.9 !

So - is there anything that could be done - like an amnesty - or other finnagling - to get us to where it would work?

Trade Horford to a team under the cap and only bring back like $1 mill of salary...............which makes no sense at all if you prefer Horford to Smith.

Lou Williams only makes $5.25 mill and Jenkins is on a rookie contract ...........so dumping them is not enough cap relief.

You can go over the cap to sign you own free agents..............but that would mean we have to keep Josh's cap hold..........meaning not enough room to sign both Paul and Howard.

You can also go over the cap, and also into the luxury tax, to use exceptions like the MLE and league minimum contracts to fill out your roster. None of that would apply to Smith, Howard, or Paul.

Come on guys ! We are smarter then Atlanta shock jocks at 92.9 !

OK - un-nevermind...why can MIA get three stars and a bunch of role players who are good?

We should be able to do this - it's only fair after living through the BK years

Edited by DJlaysitup