• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A major problem to Atlanta's Pipedream.

Diesel

• Premium Member

A major problem to us reaching our pipedream of CP3 and D12 is.....

Doc Rivers.

Rumors are he might be the next coach of the LA Clipps. If that happens, along with the salary bump for CP3, I think CP3 stays in LAC. I think LAL may consider a deal that nets them Griff and Jordan for D12. I think LAL also amnesty MWP with no regrets. Everything would be screwed up.

• Premium Member

What would be the compensation?

What has been the highest compensation levied for a team that took another team's coach?

First rounder? Cash?

You'd have to think with Karl and Hollins out there that the Clipps would have had one of them high atop their list already. They may be waiting for Doc.

• Premium Member

Ainge loves Doc....sorry I don't see it happening. Ainge will likely change the roster to Docs liking.

You're right this whole thing could be just the workings of a coach trying to keep his aging vets. Doc really like KG and Paul.

Even if it's time for them to go.

No way does LAL trade Dwight to the Clippers. It would be a terrible move to help your roommate become a dominant team for the next 5 years. Do you know how many fans would ditch the Lakers and become Clippers fans. I think LAL would rather lose Dwight for nothing and look to sign a major FA in 2 years than help the Clippers build a dynasty.

LAL wants to win championships and Blake continues to get abused in the playoffs.

Yeah, this is a non-issue, IMO.

Ainge won't even allow other teams to talk to Doc, let alone actually let him ditch Boston. Plus there's absolutely no way your proposed Griffin & Jordan for Dwight deal happens.

The most significant move for the Hawks was the hiring of Bud. Hiring Bud has killed acquiring Dwight and Chris Paul. Neither will come to Atlanta with this rookie coach Had we hired McMillian or SVG or Doc or Hollins or maybe even keeping Drew, we would have a chance. Had we selected Mo Cheeks, George Karl or JVG we would have had a chance. Even Kidd we had a chance. They will not come for Bud and Snyder. forgetaboutit. It will be a slow build and many will wish Bud was still be in SA.

Celtic pride would never let that happen without some consideration. They are looking at a dismal future and that wouldn't help

If another NBA team tries to pry Doc Rivers away from the Celtics, it's going to cost them dearly in terms of compensation. Rivers has a particularly strenuous and specific non-compete clause in his coaching contract, a provision the Celtics insisted on when they signed him to a five-year extension in 2011, league sources told CBSSports.com. CBSSports.com

The most significant move for the Hawks was the hiring of Bud. Hiring Bud has killed acquiring Dwight and Chris Paul. Neither will come to Atlanta with this rookie coach Had we hired McMillian or SVG or Doc or Hollins or maybe even keeping Drew, we would have a chance. Had we selected Mo Cheeks, George Karl or JVG we would have had a chance. Even Kidd we had a chance. They will not come for Bud and Snyder. forgetaboutit. It will be a slow build and many will wish Bud was still be in SA.

Lol not to be rude but laughed out at this....Now that I have control of myself again let me throw this out there. Dwight recently as reports say put the spurs on his "list" however most know he likely won't become a spur! ATL however is trying to engrave that spurs model here in Atlanta I say our chances are higher. Plus coach bud is well known among star players. Also coach bud will run an offense that cp3 and d12 would enjoy! Heavy pick and rolls! That's music to cp3 ears and an offense of multiple 3 point shooters once the roster is set is right in D Howard's alley! Yeah our chances are higher!
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87