• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The newest rumor

thecampster

Is Doc really a great coach? The time he looked 'great' was with Thibs running the D.

Am I the only one here who thinks that Eric Bledsoe is ridiculously overrated around the league? What he has done to be such a deal breaker for teams?

Clippers have done a fantastic job overrating their players.

Bledsoe = Baby Bron

Blake = Top 5 Player

DeAndre = Dwight Howard

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who thinks that Eric Bledsoe is ridiculously overrated around the league? What he has done to be such a deal breaker for teams?

I actually like him as a trade asset. He is a very good talent who can be a solid PG. I can see teams being interested.

Is Doc really a great coach? The time he looked 'great' was with Thibs running the D.

Clippers have done a fantastic job overrating their players.

Bledsoe = Baby Bron

Blake = Top 5 Player

DeAndre = Dwight Howard

No one thinks Blake is top 5 anything but PF. Blake is like VC. He is a very popular and fun to watch player with little in between.

Bledsoe to me is a taller Nate Robinson.

DeAndre is a bum. Basically a taller, bigger, and stronger Stromile Swift.

He's done NOTHING to warrant being a "deal breaker" though.

Yes he does. He can made other major trades happen. That is what a deal breaker is.

Yes he does. He can made other major trades happen. That is what a deal breaker is.

What? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. But a "deal breaker" is when you don't do a trade because the team refuses to put that player in the deal and that kills the deal. There are a handful of those guys around the league and no flipping way is Eric Bledsoe that type of player.

What? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. But a "deal breaker" is when you don't do a trade because the team refuses to put that player in the deal and that kills the deal. There are a handful of those guys around the league and no flipping way is Eric Bledsoe that type of player.

This deal doesn't have stars in it. Just late picks, a good vet, a very good coach and a bum center. It's not special at all therefore Blodsoe holds weight.

This deal doesn't have stars in it. Just late picks, a good vet, a very good coach and a bum center. It's not special at all therefore Blodsoe holds weight.

You're missing the point. The Clippers are treating Bledsoe as if he's a superstar player that they are going to refuse to deal and therefore break the deal that gets them the player(s) and coach that they want. But because they won't throw in a backup level PG who's never proven anything in OKC or LAC the deal is dead or having to be re-worked, depending on who you believe. That's just ridiculous to me over a player of his non-stature.

You're missing the point. The Clippers are treating Bledsoe as if he's a superstar player that they are going to refuse to deal and therefore break the deal that gets them the player(s) and coach that they want. But because they won't throw in a backup level PG who's never proven anything in OKC or LAC the deal is dead or having to be re-worked, depending on who you believe. That's just ridiculous to me over a player of his non-stature.

i don't think not including him has anything to go with his on court abilities, they just want to keep him to have him as another trade asset along with Blake for D12. I think it's foolish to pass on the deal if they really want Doc though, because no Doc means possibly no CP3 and definitely no D12.

i don't think not including him has anything to go with his on court abilities, they just want to keep him to have him as another trade asset along with Blake for D12. I think it's foolish to pass on the deal if they really want Doc though, because no Doc means possibly no CP3 and definitely no D12.

It's not just this deal but they've been extremely stubborn about trading him in many other rumored deals. But they won't include him so the deal ends up dying off. They act like he's the 2nd coming of CP3 when he's shown nothing that proves he'll be a quality PG.

It's not just this deal but they've been extremely stubborn about trading him in many other rumored deals. But they won't include him so the deal ends up dying off. They act like he's the 2nd coming of CP3 when he's shown nothing that proves he'll be a quality PG.

He's just a trade asset. That's all. Boston's own Avery Bradley was one a year ago.

They also don't want to trade him until they know if CP3 is back on board.

They also don't want to trade him until they know if CP3 is back on board.

In this case I certainly understand that they want CP3 insurance. But my main contention here is that they've acted this way with Bledsoe before as if he's so sacred cow or something.

He's just a trade asset. That's all. Boston's own Avery Bradley was one a year ago.

Never mind I can see that you're not going to get the point here.

In this case I certainly understand that they want CP3 insurance. But my main contention here is that they've acted this way with Bledsoe before as if he's so sacred cow or something. Never mind I can see that you're not going to get the point here.

They're the Clippers, they haven't had a player any other team has wanted in a long time - it's new to them, lol.

• Moderators

This cuts both ways, though. Boston values him so much they also won't do a deal without him. I agree that people are setting the bar too high for him but I see his value as being in a similar realm to Jeff Teague's. Both are promising, highly athletic PGs with some warts on their resumes and some questions about their playmaking abilities.

This cuts both ways, though. Boston values him so much they also won't do a deal without him. I agree that people are setting the bar too high for him but I see his value as being in a similar realm to Jeff Teague's. Both are promising, highly athletic PGs with some warts on their resumes and some questions about their playmaking abilities.

I don't think Boston values him that much, assuming that they're willing to do the deal without them. I think Bledsoe's value to the Celtics was strictly related to being able to make a follow deal involving Rondo.

I can see Bledsoe being on the level of Teague, minus where Teague has come closer to proving he can be a starting PG on a playoff team than Bledsoe has. But no way in the world would I turn down a good deal for the team simply because I won't include Teague.

I don't think Boston values him that much, assuming that they're willing to do the deal without them. I think Bledsoe's value to the Celtics was strictly related to being able to make a follow deal involving Rondo.

I can see Bledsoe being on the level of Teague, minus where Teague has come closer to proving he can be a starting PG on a playoff team than Bledsoe has. But no way in the world would I turn down a good deal for the team simply because I won't include Teague.

You got your take on Bledsoe but I like him more than Jeff as a PG. Not saying he's a PG because he's not but he does more defensively and he is a bull when it comes to attacking the paint.

You got your take on Bledsoe but I like him more than Jeff as a PG. Not saying he's a PG because he's not but he does more defensively and he is a bull when it comes to attacking the paint.

Teague is a much more well rounded scorer than Bledsoe is and they have very close Win Share / 48 numbers as well.

Shot Charts:

Bledsoe: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=202339

Teague: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201952

You're welcome to take Bledsoe but I'd rather go with the more well rounded Teague.

• Moderators

There is a point where I would blow up a deal over Teague, but that would have to be a deal that isn't a no brainer. Teague is definitely more proven but the per 36 numbers at the same age are fairly similar:

Bledsoe Age 23 - 20.4 mpg - Per 36: 14.9 pp36; 5.2 rp36; 5.4 ap36; 1.3 bp36; 2.5 sp36; .513 ts%

Teague Age 23 - 33.1 mpg - Per 36: 13.7 pp36; 2.6 rp36; 5.3 ap36; 0.6 bp36; 1.7 sp36; .551 ts%

with Bledsoe having the edge in most areas other than scoring efficiency.

• Like 1

There is a point where I would blow up a deal over Teague, but that would have to be a deal that isn't a no brainer. Teague is definitely more proven but the per 36 numbers at the same age are fairly similar:

Bledsoe Age 23 - 20.4 mpg - Per 36: 14.9 pp36; 5.2 rp36; 5.4 ap36; 1.3 bp36; 2.5 sp36; .513 ts%

Teague Age 23 - 33.1 mpg - Per 36: 13.7 pp36; 2.6 rp36; 5.3 ap36; 0.6 bp36; 1.7 sp36; .551 ts%

with Bledsoe having the edge in most areas other than scoring efficiency.

Well Teague took the big leap in his 4th year so we'll see if Bledsoe does as well. I'm pretty sure that he won't, but we'll see.

So the newest rumor out there is that The Clippers are going to send a package to The Lakers in a sign and trade for Dwight Howard. This along with getting Rivers to coach and KG at PF (nightmare) would be the trick to have Paul stay. The deal would involve giving up their picks, Blake Griffin (to the Lakers), DeAndre Jordan to the Celtics and all hinges on them giving up Bledsoe as well and to which party.

Assuming these deals go down, Howard and Paul will be off the market without any team with cap room in FA participating.

So if you are the Hawks, now what do you do? If this deal goes down, expect Smith back for that 14 million a year I keep saying. Expect Teague back @ at least 8 million per. This will leave us with approximately 11 million in cap room.

Why Smith and Teague will be back.

The NBA has a minimum team salary each team must meet. In 2013 that number rises to 90% of the cap. With an expected cap of 58.4 million, that equates to a minimum team salary of $52.56 million.

As covered in numerous other topics the Hawks have 4 players under contract that should be back next year and 2 incoming first round picks. Not including holds that = approximately 22.4 million in salary. Meaning the Hawks are 30.16 million short of meeting the NBA minimum team salary and only 7 slots to fill. We will either be overpaying for our own players or for other people's players. Expect both back if this LA deal goes down.

Signing both for 22 million total = a cap number of 44.4 million (approximate) + holds, with 5 slots to fill. Expect one quality big to take up the majority of the remaining money (my guess would be Bynum, Jefferson or Pekovic) and then 4 players to fill out the rest.

And as far as the "deal is all but dead", that's a sure sign 2 weeks before free agency/draft happenings that its truly on and the teams are just gauging fan interest.

Wrong answer. The reason Josh Smith is not staying, is even if we miss out on a center, there are better power forward options available. We miss Howard, Bynum, Pek, we go after Jefferson or Millsap.

If we have to play Horford at center, we can still upgrade our power forward spot. Sorry to bust your bubble, but Josh is probably 6th or 7th on Ferry's big man to do list.