• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The newest rumor

thecampster

Well Teague took the big leap in his 4th year so we'll see if Bledsoe does as well. I'm pretty sure that he won't, but we'll see.

He became less effiecent, more turnover prone and his value wasn't a pure positive. I am sorry but I don't see a big jump for Teague. He looked like the same player who shows flashes but is a horrible natural PG. More of a combo guard.

He became less effiecent, more turnover prone and his value wasn't a pure positive. I am sorry but I don't see a big jump for Teague. He looked like the same player who shows flashes but is a horrible natural PG. More of a combo guard.

[*]He took 300 more shots and his FG% dropped from .476 to .451 (tied with Steph Curry and better than Russell Westbrook and Deron Williams and better than Eric Bledsoe at .445)

[*]He took 100 more 3pt shots and his 3PT% increased from .342 to .359 (better than Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook but worse than Eric Bledsoe at .397 on 78 attempts vs Jeff's 248 attempts)

[*]His TS% dropped from .551 to .543 (better than Russell Westbrook and far better than Eric Bledsoe at .513)

[*]His Assist to TO ratio increased from 2.40 to 2.52 (better than Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry and 24 other statistically qualified PGs in the league including much better than Eric Bledsoe at 1.70)

Tell me again how bad Jeff Teague is and also tell me again how great Eric Bledsoe is.

I have no idea what the term "pure positive" means and I'm guessing it's another Leadership-ism term so I can't really debate that one.

• Like 1

[*]He took 300 more shots and his FG% dropped from .476 to .451 (tied with Steph Curry and better than Russell Westbrook and Deron Williams and better than Eric Bledsoe at .445)

[*]He took 100 more 3pt shots and his 3PT% increased from .342 to .359 (better than Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook but worse than Eric Bledsoe at .397 on 78 attempts vs Jeff's 248 attempts)

[*]His TS% dropped from .551 to .543 (better than Russell Westbrook and far better than Eric Bledsoe at .513)

[*]His Assist to TO ratio increased from 2.40 to 2.52 (better than Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry and 24 other statistically qualified PGs in the league including much better than Eric Bledsoe at 1.70)

Tell me again how bad Jeff Teague is and also tell me again how great Eric Bledsoe is.

I have no idea what the term "pure positive" means and I'm guessing it's another Leadership-ism term so I can't really debate that one.

That's fine and dandy but I watched him play all year long. I am just not buying it. Sorry. If you really want to use Westbrook, I find it to be odd as Westbrook is one of the most impactful players in the NBA and Teague isn't even the most impactful PG on the Hawks.

That's fine and dandy but I watched him play all year long. I am just not buying it. Sorry. If you really want to use Westbrook, I find it to be odd as Westbrook is one of the most impactful players in the NBA and Teague isn't even the most impactful PG on the Hawks.

Ah you're using the eye test now instead of stats since the stats disprove your point. Got it.

Sure looks like Teague pretty much dominates Westbrook in the areas where you yourself claimed Jeff was bad in so that says a lot about Westbrook then I'd think.

• Like 1

Teague stuggles at running offensive sets. He doesn't create for others. His assists are a product of the system and of his usage. He doesn't have high BBIQ. He is consistently inconsistent as well.

When I see Teague, I see a player who can be excellent as a 6th man playing combo guard like Lou did for Philly.

Teague stuggles at running offensive sets. He doesn't create for others. His assists are a product of the system and of his usage. He doesn't have high BBIQ. He is consistently inconsistent as well.

When I see Teague, I see a player who can be excellent as a 6th man playing combo guard like Lou did for Philly.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm happy to be in the camp that sees more out of guys like Teague and Karl Malone than you do.

Ah you're using the eye test now instead of stats since the stats disprove your point. Got it.

Sure looks like Teague pretty much dominates Westbrook in the areas where you yourself claimed Jeff was bad in so that says a lot about Westbrook then I'd think.

Eye test is very important but impact is also important.

Let's look at impact stats for Teague in comparisons to Devin Harris.

Teague is outproducted by his opponent 18.3 to 17.4 for a net -0.9.

Teague does provide a positive on court impact as he is 1.3 to -1.4 when he's off the court for a net of +2.8 which is decent for a role player in the NBA.

Harris outproduces his opponent 15.3 to 14.0 for a net +1.3.

Harris also provides a positive on court impact as he is 5.2 to -2.3 when he's off the court for a net of +7.5 which is excellent for a role player in the NBA. The Hawks are much better with Harris on the court than Teague but since Harris is only on the court for 36% of the Hawks total plays while Jeff is on the court for 66% of the Hawks plays, let's look at Units.

Teague is at his best when Harris is the SG especally defensively. The same is the case for Harris but for offense and defense. So it could be those two play well off of each other.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm happy to be in the camp that sees more out of guys like Teague and Karl Malone than you do.

Not quite sure why you are taking personal shots at me but it is fair to say Jeff impact numbers doesn't come close to someone like say Russell Westbrook much less Eric Bledsoe. The thing that hurts Bledsoe is his team is much better without him then with him. It could be the CP3 effect but while he has position impact, his impact is far less than what CP3 gives the Clippers.

Not quite sure why you are taking personal shots at me but it is fair to say Jeff impact numbers doesn't come close to someone like say Russell Westbrook much less Eric Bledsoe. The thing that hurts Bledsoe is his team is much better without him then with him. It could be the CP3 effect but while he has position impact, his impact is far less than what CP3 gives the Clippers.

That's not a personal shot at you. It's simply stating that you're welcome to your opinion of Jeff and Karl Malone and I'm welcome to mine.

Wrong answer. The reason Josh Smith is not staying, is even if we miss out on a center, there are better power forward options available. We miss Howard, Bynum, Pek, we go after Jefferson or Millsap.

If we have to play Horford at center, we can still upgrade our power forward spot. Sorry to bust your bubble, but Josh is probably 6th or 7th on Ferry's big man to do list.

Jefferson is not better. He's just better offensively. He's a defensive liability.

This is probably my biggest frustration on this board. Every time someone jumps on one of our players (and its every year a different guy), that whipping boy is always beaten over his shot selection, scoring ability, etc.

Defense wins. This board sorely underestimates the value certain players on this team bring.

Our slide last year for instance didn't begin with the Lou Williams injury but with Zaza playing through injury. We missed Zaza in the middle (and it pains me to say that).

People on this board forget that Al was injured most of last year and the Hawks won. Joe and Marvin left and the Hawks won. There were only 3 consistencies between last year and this year and they were Teague/Smith/Drew. Unless you are going to tell me that Teague was the difference maker or that Drew is an all world coach, that leaves only one answer to why the Hawks remained consistent the last 3 years.

Smith is not Lebron but he isn't Darvin Ham either. He isn't an 8 million dollar a year player and even with his horrendous year last year the Hawks still managed the 5th seed with Smith as the number 1 guy and half the roster on life support. You guys will miss him when he's gone.

Jefferson is not better. He's just better offensively. He's a defensive liability.

This is probably my biggest frustration on this board. Every time someone jumps on one of our players (and its every year a different guy), that whipping boy is always beaten over his shot selection, scoring ability, etc.

Defense wins. This board sorely underestimates the value certain players on this team bring.

Our slide last year for instance didn't begin with the Lou Williams injury but with Zaza playing through injury. We missed Zaza in the middle (and it pains me to say that).

People on this board forget that Al was injured most of last year and the Hawks won. Joe and Marvin left and the Hawks won. There were only 3 consistencies between last year and this year and they were Teague/Smith/Drew. Unless you are going to tell me that Teague was the difference maker or that Drew is an all world coach, that leaves only one answer to why the Hawks remained consistent the last 3 years.

Smith is not Lebron but he isn't Darvin Ham either. He isn't an 8 million dollar a year player and even with his horrendous year last year the Hawks still managed the 5th seed with Smith as the number 1 guy and half the roster on life support. You guys will miss him when he's gone.

Maybe you will but I certainly won't.

• Like 1

• Moderators

On Teague vs. Bledsoe, I see them as similar value. Bledsoe dominates Teague on the boards, with the counting stats for defense (blocks and steals), and with his man defense (using the eyeball test for this last category). Teague dominates Bledsoe with the offensive side of the game right now. Bledsoe has one more year under team control and has never been 'the man' for his team (a role in which Teague was inconsistent but has held).

I can see where reasonable minds could disagree on which is a better asset. With a gun to my head, I want Teague as my PG for next year but if the difference is 10M for Teague and 6M for Bledsoe, it is a no-brainer to sign Bledsoe (unlike say Teague or Bledsoe versus Paul, Deron, Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Wall, Irving, etc. where you happily pay a significant premium for the better talent).

Give Jeff a system that does not include Josh chucking, and he only gets better. No one respects Josh 15 feet and out. Put Horford at that spot, and you get a little more room for passing lanes along with drive and kicks.

I know Westbrook is a better defender, but give Teague his due. He is a rock solid PG.

• Like 1

Maybe you will but I certainly won't.

I honestly wonder if you guys understand what certain players bring to the table.

Using players who played 25 min or more a game (per NBA.com)

<.9 attempts per game.

Smith,

98 in 3pt%

Rebounds per game

Smith 26th (on a team with a top 11 rebounder).

Assists per game

43rd (from the PF spot most night)

Blocks per game

tied for 8th (only PF in top 10)

Steals per game

tied for 47th

29th in scoring

(18 people above him shot a lower percentage to include Harden and Kobe, Carmelo, Westbrook, Pierce).

You say you won't miss him now but if we don't land Howard/Paul it is very likely we don't make the playoffs. Teague is not a top 10 PG. Horford is your only bonafide player left on the team and he is out of position. Half of the free agents on that list comparable to Josh in talent will go back to their original team for the extra paycheck. The rest will try teaming up. The only player on that list that will probably take a discount to play here is Josh.

I really don't think you guys realize what you have there.