• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 minutes left in the game and no game thread?

Admin

The whole series was just filled with roleplayers putting on star performances. Before game 6 they were legitimately arguing about Green winning Finals MVP!

.........only for him to go something like 1-25 over the next two games.

Yeah - the Stage and the pressure was too big for him at the end - but a great performance otherwise. If that missed shot in game 6 would have been an inch over it would have bounded to a Spurs guard and they would have won the series - instead it bounced exactly where it needed to to get Ray the 3 they had to have. Game of inches sometimes.

Anyone who actually thought the Spurs were winning is a fool. Furthermore this series makes it even more obvious that the NBA is fixed. Pop is the best coach in the league and his players take that coaching to the floor. Never again does anything like the end of game six happen in the league. Popovich just had a brain fart....I don't buy that at all. Pop doesn't make huge mistakes like that ever.

Never again does anything like the end of game six happen in the league. Popovich just had a brain fart....I don't buy that at all. Pop doesn't make huge mistakes like that ever.

So you are saying that Pop was bought off to get out-coached in the waning minutes of game 6 by Stern and probably the CIA (they are into everything...I mean everything).

I dunno - I'm all for aliens and the "Illuminati" - but that's a stretch.

Oftentimes coaches who are considered the "best" have a plan - a "system" and they run it and it works - also - oftentimes - they are not able to adjust on the fly (and adaptabilitiy in key situations is hugely important).

• Like 1

spurs just straight choked. If they hit their freethrows in game 6 they would of won. That was hawks like freethrow shooting. They went 2 for 4 at the line in the closing secs. Then the heat came back and hit 2 threes.

Danny green got exposed big time in game 6 and 7. He was shooting at a historical rate but once he got more defensive attention and the heat forced him to put the ball on the floor he looked like the d leaguer that got cut multiple times.

• Like 2

spurs just straight choked. If they hit their freethrows in game 6 they would of won. That was hawks like freethrow shooting. They went 2 for 4 at the line in the closing secs. Then the heat came back and hit 2 threes.

Danny green got exposed big time in game 6 and 7. He was shooting at a historical rate but once he got more defensive attention and the heat forced him to put the ball on the floor he looked like the d leaguer that got cut multiple times.

Well yeah - if you want to get right down to the "blood and guts" of the situation - you are exactly correct.

They folded like Country Club Boys going against Tiger Woods in a Major - circa 2000-2001 Posted Image .

Edited by DJlaysitup

I believe all professional sports are fixed to some extent. If it was made illegal at least in the United States to gamble on sports I think there would be a little more integrity from the leagues. As it stands now I consider the NBA and NFL like the WWF was back in the the day. Entertaining and fun to watch, but with predetermined results.

Every NBA player complains to the refs. It happens way too much today and they are all usually wrong.Not sure how you don't see LeBron as a good guy though.Just some very recent examples. The way he handled Duncan and Pop after the game, the way he praises teammates (or doesn't throw them under the bus), he understands the game and is well spoken.I'd welcome a guy like him on my squad 24/7. Best player in the league with no issues off of the court.

Exactly.

The people tossing vomit on Lebron, would welcome him to the Hawks in a HEARTBEAT, if he said he wanted to come to Atlanta. And if they wouldn't, they really don't want to win.

Lebron does what he has to do to win games. And I'm not mad at him for doing so.

Not necessarily this post game conference. LeBron has been immature in the past but he has a lot of pressure on him. He used to be defensive about it, I think he has somewhat embraced it now. He was one of the few players that ever gave the Hawks respect too.His "big two" hasn't exactly supported him at all times. I'll be fair, LeBron obviously made the choice to play with them. It was his legacy though, not Bosh or Wade. They play poorly and the fall back story will be on LeBron.I had to watch game 6 on replay and thought the Heat lost based on chatter I heard. LeBron was horrible in the last two minutes outside of that three he made. They lose and that is the story, Lebron and his turnovers.He'd never let anybody blame his teams poor play. He puts a lot on himself and has delivered the last two years.It is easier when you win..but I feel it's been easier for him to come off as a better guy because they have won. I have always seen a good teammate in him.

What impressed me about him during this playoff run, is how he constantly came to the defense of Wade, even deferring to him some games, just to get him going.

Lebron is cool in my book. He's been hyped since his sophomore year in high school, and has pretty much done everything that people thought he could do. I'm just glad that he finally started taking that midrange jumper that the Spurs were literally begging him to take. That free throw line extended jumper is a shot that is made around 45% of the time. So if you're a perimeter player, and a team is giving you that 17 foot shot around the FT line, and you can't make it or are afraid to take it, you honestly need to get off the court.

Anyone who actually thought the Spurs were winning is a fool. Furthermore this series makes it even more obvious that the NBA is fixed. Pop is the best coach in the league and his players take that coaching to the floor. Never again does anything like the end of game six happen in the league. Popovich just had a brain fart....I don't buy that at all. Pop doesn't make huge mistakes like that ever.

LOL . . . what happens if we find out that it was actually Coach Bud's idea to take Duncan and Parker out of the game during those times, and that Pop was trusting Bud's "analytical mind" over common sense situation?

Edited by northcyde