• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith & Boston Celtics?

PaceRam

I was just thinking about this. The Cs moved PP, which was what they said was their goal in order to go for a S-n-T for Smoove.

Maybe they won't now that they acquired Wallace? They just got three shiny new first round picks from the Nets that are looking pretty good right now, as well as Marshon Brooks which I think Ferry tried to get once already.

the Nets/Cs trade was pretty salary neutral so they still haven't cleared up space to sign Josh without offering some combo of contracts back to the Hawks. They also didn't generate a large enough if any TPE to absorb him in a sign and trade so if it a deal is to go down I would assume Humphries expiring would be involved but I believe that there are certain restrictions on what kind of other player combinations can be made with his deal until a certain amount of time has passed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After the Nets trade, I think you can forget about Smoove to Boston. I actually think there's a better chance of the Hawks getting Rondo than Smoove ending up in Boston. As some point, if not already, Rondo will ask to be traded and I think the Celtics will oblige as they are in full tank mode for 2014.

The guy who wrote the story didn't have any legit facts. He was doing nothing but what a lot of ppl do... guessing because he thought it made since.

I heard him on the Boston Radio. He never said he heard this from anyone in the Boston FO. He just wrote an ideal and everyone started talking about it as if it was facts.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

Oh I don't doubt Boston had interest in pursuing Josh but that was IF they could move Pierce without taking money back. Since that didn't happen and they got this deal with the Nets, I think Ainge would rather go after Wiggins, Parker rather than Smoove.

They can send us Green and Olynyk for Josh and I would be pretty happy.I'm not crazy about Green but I'm willing to give him a shot if we aren't getting Dwight.

I don't think the Celtics will be trading Green for Josh Smith. You may not be crazy about him, but I have a feeling the Celtics value him a pretty good amount.

They can send us Green and Olynyk for Josh and I would be pretty happy.I'm not crazy about Green but I'm willing to give him a shot if we aren't getting Dwight.

So you want Olynyk? Weren't you against him this whole time as a draft prospect?

So you want Olynyk? Weren't you against him this whole time as a draft prospect?

As a C yes I was. But I really wanted him as a stretch 4/5 and since we drafted 2 legit C's I'd love to have him as our Ryan Anderson / Steve Novak / Matt Bonner type of stretch 4/5 who can camp out and drill 3's.

As a C yes I was. But I really wanted him as a stretch 4/5 and since we drafted 2 legit C's I'd love to have him as our Ryan Anderson / Steve Novak / Matt Bonner type of stretch 4/5 who can camp out and drill 3's.

I would love to have him here. I wanted him at 17.

Or we could just bring back Anthony Tolliver for that role for the low low