• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Message to all tankers... Tanking is not a good option.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here we are again. Going into another Free agent period. Welp... there's still a contingency hoping that we would tank this season. This is not a good season to tank. Let me explain.

Yes, the biggest prize is out there: Wiggins/Parker.

BUT

The draft lottery is rigged and Atlanta is not a big fan of the riggers in charge. So Dieselputer... who is?

Well, as I look, the Lakers are going to tank this season.

Kobe will mist a lot of games due to injury. They will let Howard Walk. They will prolly amnesty MWP. By the time it's all said and done, they will be in full tank mode.

The Celtics are looking to tank.

I'm waiting on a Rondo trade sometime soon. They got an unwinning team back for PP and KG.

The Pelicans will tank.

Another year, another shot at the lottery. They get two actually because they get Philly's 1st.

These are three teams that the League will look to help out. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting the first, second, and third picks of the draft. Once again the hopeless Hornets will be screwed.

The lakers are not going to tank kobe's final years as a laker. are you kidding me?

Kobe probably won't realistically even be ready to play until January and that won't be anywhere near 100%. The league can reward their tanking by giving them Wiggins to groom as Kobe's replacement.

Kobe probably won't realistically even be ready to play until January and that won't be anywhere near 100%. The league can reward their tanking by giving them Wiggins to groom as Kobe's replacement.

even if he isnt 100% you know he isnt going to let the lakers tank. Hes too much of a competitor. Hes trying to win more titles.

even if he isnt 100% you know he isnt going to let the lakers tank. Hes too much of a competitor. Hes trying to win more titles.

Well when he's not playing at all until nearly halfway through the season and their gutted roster is stinking it up I don't think he's going to mind much. He's going to put the Lakers future ahead of his own desires considering they almost weren't even a playoff this year with him healthy, let alone without him next year.

How do you rig a draft lottery . . .

Maybe weigh down some of the ping pong balls to increase the chances of the Lakers numbers to come up? Would the accounting firm inspect the ping pong balls before they go into the machine, or would they simply assume everything is on the up and up, and just be there to confirm the results?

Say the Lakers try to tank, but are still good enough to only be the 6th worst team. And of the numbers combinations they possess, the most common numbers in those combinations are 2 - 3 - 11 - 12 and 14.

All other balls are weighed down, and these 5 numbers are lighter, thus, making them more likely to be flying up into the lottery machine.

I do find it odd that the NBA uses possibly the cheapest lottery machine possible to do this. That machine gotta be 20 yrs old.

Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

How do you rig a draft lottery . . .

Maybe weigh down some of the ping pong balls to increase the chances of the Lakers numbers to come up? Would the accounting firm inspect the ping pong balls before they go into the machine, or would they simply assume everything is on the up and up, and just be there to confirm the results?

Say the Lakers try to tank, but are still good enough to only be the 6th worst team. And of the numbers combinations they possess, the most common numbers in those combinations are 2 - 3 - 11 - 12 and 14.

All other balls are weighed down, and these 5 numbers are lighter, thus, making them more likely to be flying up into the lottery machine.

I do find it odd that the NBA uses possibly the cheapest lottery machine possible to do this. That machine gotta be 20 yrs old.

I would rather see GMs get in an MMA cage and fight it out than to see what we got now.

Maybe the GM with the sorriest team get a steel folder chair and the GM with the most wins come in with both arms tied behind his back..

Then whoever wins can tell their top pick, I fought for you!!

I would rather see GMs get in an MMA cage and fight it out than to see what we got now.

Maybe the GM with the sorriest team get a steel folder chair and the GM with the most wins come in with both arms tied behind his back..

Then whoever wins can tell their top pick, I fought for you!!

Maybe they can do it Royal Rumble style, and send the GM's into the ring according to record. First non-playoff team goes in first. Worst record in the league goes in last.

I can see it now, Boston and Atlanta missing the playoffs, and Ainge goes into the ring first, waiting for his next opponent, talking crap to him, who just happens to be Danny Ferry.

Then Ferry enters the ring like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32OPyEAraU4

• Like 1