• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

33-40 Million dollars.

Diesel

Can that get you a D12, SMoove, and Teague?

Yes and we can go over the cap to resign Teague and / or Smoove.

Dwight starting max salry is expected to be around $17 mill

Josh at $10 to $12 mill.

Teague at $6 to $8 mill.

Even if you sign them on the high end there is enough room. Smith will have to be the 1st domino to fall due to his large cap hold. We would have to sign Smith 1st with the guarantee from Dwight that he would follow suit with agreeing to a max deal.

• Premium Member

Yes and we can go over the cap to resign Teague and / or Smoove.

Dwight starting max salry is expected to be around $17 mill

Josh at $10 to $12 mill.

Teague at $6 to $8 mill.

Even if you sign them on the high end there is enough room. Smith will have to be the 1st domino to fall due to his large cap hold. We would have to sign Smith 1st with the guarantee from Dwight that he would follow suit with agreeing to a max deal.

I was listening to 92.9 this morning and they were talking about getting Smoove, Horf, and D12 together and I was thinking, that's just insane in terms of capspace. However, signing the QO for Teague means that we can also get Teague. I was hoping we could go over to get him.

• Premium Member

So how's this:

D12/Bebe

Horf/Scott

Smoove/??

Cunningham/Jenkins/Morrow

Teague/Harris/Lou

We lack depth and our 2 position is questionable. .. But we would have the best frontcourt in the game. Defensively, we would be beastly.

This was explained in another thread. It would extremely hard.

Here is the Teague conundrum

Let's say we want to resign Jeff for 5-6 mil for a year. That would have to get Iggy or Smoove to take 8 mil at the most in their first year. We can't resign Korver and we would have to start Jenkins which isn't bad. With this roster, we can resign Teague but it will be at the sacrifice of money from Iggy and Smoove and no resigning of Korver.

Teague 5-6

Jenkins 1.25

Iggy or Smoove 8

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Schröder 1.42

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

This is how we can resign Teague and keep Smoove or sign Iggy.

This would be ideal in my view:

Look at this for example:

Schröder 1.42

Korver 3

Iggy or Smoove 8/9/10

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Jenkins 1.25

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

Here is a plus: We still have the room exception and we can use it to resign Devin Harris. We can start him if Dennis not ready.

Around 56-58 million dollars.

I was listening to 92.9 this morning and they were talking about getting Smoove, Horf, and D12 together and I was thinking, that's just insane in terms of capspace. However, signing the QO for Teague means that we can also get Teague. I was hoping we could go over to get him.

Yeah, if Teague signed the QO he would be attainable because his QO is only 4.18 which is a cool mil under the full MLE. Of course, with his talent and value as a player, I can see someone like Milwaukee who has a lot of cap offering him a 4/30 deal which would clearly put him above that threshold. They have money and LD last year had good success with Teague/Harris backcourt and I don't think he is scared to do a Jennings/Teague backcourt as well as use Teague as the 6th man for the Bucks.

If Howard wants to win a championship, he needs to realize that best way to do that by taking slightly less than the max to allow the team the ability to build around him.

Teague 6.0

Jenkins 1.3

Smith 13.0

Horford 12.0

Howard 17.0

Bench:

Williams 5.3

Cunningham 1.2

Scott 0.8

Mack 0.9

Schröder 1.3

Bebe 1.3

Muscala 0.5

Scott and Mack are non-guaranteed I believe. If so, that would put us at $58.9 for 11 players at these rates. You could wiggle the numbers around a little. Fill out the roster with MLE and vet. min guys that Dwight wants to play with like Cap'n Jack (MLE) and Morrow (vet. min.) Bring back Ivan for vet. min.

Teague/Schröder/Mack

Jenkins/Williams/Morrow

Smith/Jackson/Scott

Horford/Johnson

Howard/Bebe/Muscala

Looks good to me.

If Howard wants to win a championship, he needs to realize that best way to do that by taking slightly less than the max to allow the team the ability to build around him.

Teague 6.0

Jenkins 1.3

Smith 13.0

Horford 12.0

Howard 17.0

Bench:

Williams 5.3

Cunningham 1.2

Scott 0.8

Mack 0.9

Schröder 1.3

Bebe 1.3

Muscala 0.5

Scott and Mack are non-guaranteed I believe. If so, that would put us at $58.9 for 11 players at these rates. You could wiggle the numbers around a little. Fill out the roster with MLE and vet. min guys that Dwight wants to play with like Cap'n Jack (MLE) and Morrow (vet. min.) Bring back Ivan for vet. min.

Teague/Schröder/Mack

Jenkins/Williams/Morrow

Smith/Jackson/Scott

Horford/Johnson

Howard/Bebe/Muscala

Looks good to me.

If you think D12 will take less than the max to play with Josh, Teague and Horf, I think we would have 0% chance of signing him at those odds. Like I said before, Tony Parker started as a 19 year old rookie and we can resign Devin Harris or sign Calderon for the MLE. No point in resigning Jeff if we want to resign Smoove or sign Iggy.

Edited by Leadership

If you think D12 will take less than the max to play with Josh, Teague and Horf, I think we would have 0% chance of signing him at those odds. Like I said before, Tony Parker started as a 19 year old rookie and we can resign Devin Harris or sign Calderon for the MLE. No point in resigning Jeff if we want to resign Smoove or sign Iggy.

Like Dragitoff said - If D12 is not willing to take a couple dollars less to have a better team - what does that really say about him? LBJ and Bosh took less, Wade took even less so the Heat could resign Haslem.

If he is truly about winning and as you've said a hundred time that we offer him the best chance to win, then he has to also see that having better players around him will help him win.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

This was explained in another thread. It would extremely hard.

Here is the Teague conundrum

Let's say we want to resign Jeff for 5-6 mil for a year. That would have to get Iggy or Smoove to take 8 mil at the most in their first year. We can't resign Korver and we would have to start Jenkins which isn't bad. With this roster, we can resign Teague but it will be at the sacrifice of money from Iggy and Smoove and no resigning of Korver.

Teague 5-6

Jenkins 1.25

Iggy or Smoove 8

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Schröder 1.42

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

This is how we can resign Teague and keep Smoove or sign Iggy.

This would be ideal in my view:

Look at this for example:

Schröder 1.42

Korver 3

Iggy or Smoove 8/9/10

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Jenkins 1.25

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

Here is a plus: We still have the room exception and we can use it to resign Devin Harris. We can start him if Dennis not ready.

Around 56-58 million dollars.

You know all of this wrong. Right ?

We can go over the cap to resign Teague.

We do not have to fit Teague in under the cap.

You know all of this wrong. Right ?

We can go over the cap to resign Teague.

We do not have to fit Teague in under the cap.

I could definitely be wrong, but I believe you have to count for Teague's cap hit and can only go over the cap if he signs for more than his cap hit. You can't sign other team's free agents first and then wait to sign your own after you've gone over the cap. Otherwise we could just sign Dwight to the full max and then sign our other guys afterward and only worry about the LT. I'm pretty sure that's not the way it is.

Like Dragitoff said - If D12 is not willing to take a couple dollars less to have a better team - what does that really say about him? LBJ and Bosh took less, Wade took even less so the Heat could resign Haslem.

If he is truly about winning and as you've said a hundred time that we offer him the best chance to win, then he has to also see that having better players around him will help him win.

Don't pay attention to Leadership's thread since its wrong.

Teams can go over the cap to retain their own free agents for which they hold rights to (like smith and Teague).

We just can't go over the cap to sign Howard.....or other teams free agents.

Smith has a significant cap hold. (More then he will sign for). So if the plan is to sign Howard, Smith, and Teague then we would have to sign Smith first (to get rid of his large cap hold) to make the room needed to sign Howard to a max deal. We could then go over the cap to resign Teague.

I could definitely be wrong, but I believe you have to count for Teague's cap hit and can only go over the cap if he signs for more than his cap hit. You can't sign other team's free agents first and then wait to sign your own after you've gone over the cap. Otherwise we could just sign Dwight to the full max and then sign our other guys afterward and only worry about the LT. I'm pretty sure that's not the way it is.

Correct. You do have to account for cap holds. For some reason I always assume the majority of the board knows this so I don't have to say it in every single post.

Teague's cap hold right now is only $4.5 mill (same as his qualifying offer to retain his restricted free agent rights).

Smith's cap hold is rather large. Around $17 mill (to retain the tright to sign him to 5 years instead of 4). That large cap hold is why you would have to sign Smith before you sign Howard. (if the plan is to sign both Howard and Smith). Teague's small cap hold of $4.5 mill doesn't stand in the way of that.

Edited by coachx

Teams can go over the cap to retain their own free agents for which they hold rights to (like smith and Teague).

Smith has a significant cap hold. (More then he will sign for). So if the plan is to sign Howard, Smith, and Teague then we would have to sign Smith first (to get rid of his large cap hold) to make the room needed to sign Howard to a max deal. We could then go over the cap to resign Teague.

But only if his cap hold doesn't put us over the cap. If so, we could only offer enough salary to Dwight and players either filling out roster to 12 or empty roster spaces at about $500,000 each up to the cap. If Teague's cap hold is the QO of $4 million'ish, then he'll almost certainly get more than that, but that cap hold gives you greater flexibility.

Before you call my post wrong, let me get Mace or HF in here to varilfy this. I read the CBA from head to toe, I am almost certain (99.9%) with can't go over the 58.5 threshold to resign Jeff if we signed Smoove and Dwight already.

Edited by Leadership

Jeff's QO settles his requirement for the year. I would not extend him until the off-season or not. Allow him to play thru the season, see what Dennis may bring. I'd resign the shooter, Korver and Ivan.

Teague being extended the QO doesn't mean he'll take it. It only gives the Hawks the right to match any other offer he gets from another team. If Teague accepts the QO (would be foolish since he'll most certainly get more in the open market), you'd have to think it was a gentlemen's agreement for him to accept the QO and save his payday for next offseason, but the drafting of Schröder makes that highly unlikely.

• Moderators

Before you call my post wrong, let me get Mace or HF in here to varilfy this. I read the CBA from head to toe, I am almost certain (99.9%) with can't go over the 58.5 threshold to resign Jeff if we signed Smoove and Dwight already.

We can go over the cap if we didn't renounce Teague. If we accounted for his 4.5M cap hold and still had the room to sign Dwight and Josh, then we could sign Teague for a larger amount that took us over the cap if we wanted.