• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poison Pill contract is hurting Houston and helping ATL

JTB

Getting right to the point! The hawks are in good shape I honestly believe we are in full control! Asik can probably be moved no problem but Lin.....let me tell you Lin is going to be harder to move than joe Johnson and that's a promise!Hawks are the only team "RIGHT NOW" that can meet Howard's demands of 2 additional Max players....of course there will have to be paycuts like Miami did but we can do it!Rockets are kicking theirselves with those poison pill contracts they handed out last off season! LolI say we are in great shape! Come home Dwight we need you!

Getting right to the point! The hawks are in good shape I honestly believe we are in full control! Asik can probably be moved no problem but Lin.....let me tell you Lin is going to be harder to move than joe Johnson and that's a promise!Hawks are the only team "RIGHT NOW" that can meet Howard's demands of 2 additional Max players....of course there will have to be paycuts like Miami did but we can do it!Rockets are kicking theirselves with those poison pill contracts they handed out last off season! LolI say we are in great shape! Come home Dwight we need you!

We don't have a max player outside of D12 in FA. Smoove is the next best player and guess who has his rights!!!

I really don't like the lineup of Smith/Horford/Howard offensively. It's great defensively and talent wise, but it lacks chemistry and balance. I don't see that ever evolving into a championship roster. I'd hate to have two divas at the expense of Horford, I think I'd rather go another route if that's our option.

I think Dwight Howard, if he's actually analyzing this from as basketball perspective, knows Josh's game well enough to see the liabilities the pairing would create. Houston's Harden/Smith/Howard lineup, with Parsons as well, does show very solid balance on the other hand and has championship potential. As much as I like Asik (I know some don't, but I like his game), I don't want to help the Rockets out with that deal. Makes them too good and shows a defeatist mentality on our part.

I really don't like the lineup of Smith/Horford/Howard offensively. It's great defensively and talent wise, but it lacks chemistry and balance. I don't see that ever evolving into a championship roster. I'd hate to have two divas at the expense of Horford, I think I'd rather go another route if that's our option.

I think Dwight Howard, if he's actually analyzing this from as basketball perspective, knows Josh's game well enough to see the liabilities the pairing would create. Houston's Harden/Smith/Howard lineup, with Parsons as well, does show very solid balance on the other hand and has championship potential. As much as I like Asik (I know some don't, but I like his game), I don't want to help the Rockets out with that deal. Makes them too good and shows a defeatist mentality on our part.

I disagree. No one (Dwight) will be doubled without paying a high price, because of Al's 15-18 ft jumper. So Dwight without being doubled in the post is close to automatic, he just needs two moves and work on his free throws. Just as Duncan, high post Dwight and pass over opponents to Al or Josh (Josh has already perfected that lob) for points. It may be the best front since Parrish/McHale/Bird.

I hope people will accept a rebuild if/when Howard decides ATL is not the team. Ferry/Bud is in control of the team, not Howard or the fans/media. They know what a respectable franchise looks like.

I disagree. No one (Dwight) will be doubled without paying a high price, because of Al's 15-18 ft jumper. So Dwight without being doubled in the post is close to automatic, he just needs two moves and work on his free throws. Just as Duncan, high post Dwight and pass over opponents to Al or Josh (Josh has already perfected that lob) for points. It may be the best front since Parrish/McHale/Bird.

It's the Smith at SF component that messes it up.Horford and Howard would be a hell of a combo on offense and defense. It's a great pairing.

I hope people will accept a rebuild if/when Howard decides ATL is not the team. Ferry/Bud is in control of the team, not Howard or the fans/media. They know what a respectable franchise looks like.

Top franchises seize the moment. Dwights only come around every 4-5 years. This is That moment. This is the D12,Al,Josh and Lou moment. This is Atlanta's time. Ferry better recognize.

I don't think we're going to have a typical "rebuild" year. I also don't think we've gained any new fans on the strength of our cap space. So it shouldn't be a big deal. Last year was more of a rebuilding year than this year will be, because of all the expirings and the essentially lameduck coach. We're likely to bring Teague back (though I wouldn't be opposed to making a push for Jarrett Jack). And we've got the cap space to bring in some solid young pieces that fit the Bud/Ferry vision. I'm not suggesting spending foolishly, but there's definite pieces out there this offseason (one of the stronger free agencies in recent memory).

Could force Minnesota to match on Pekovic, I think that'd be a smart move. I like that we're looking at Corey Brewer. I liked our draft. I even think Jenkins can be a contributor.

I don't think the Rockets will have much trouble moving Asik in a fairly favorable deal...I do agree that Lin is another matter. But if I remember right I think Lin's deal is OK for 2013/2014...it's 2104/2015 that it gets really bad. If I were them and in a "win now" mode - I wouldn't worry too much about 14/15. Lotsa things can and will happen by then.

• Moderators

If I were defending a team with a Dwight, Horford, Smith combo, I would have my man leave Smith a ton of room to entice him to shoot jumpers and to pack the paint to take away space and passing lanes from Dwight. I would keep a man on Horford because I would respect his perimeter game.

Top franchises seize the moment. Dwights only come around every 4-5 years. This is That moment. This is the D12,Al,Josh and Lou moment. This is Atlanta's time. Ferry better recognize.

I hope everyone doesn't think this way. If Howard doesn't want to come to Atlanta, it's Ferry's fault? I trust Ferry/Bud's plan since they have actually came from a winning franchise instead of the past results of 2nd round eliminations just to stay in the playoffs. If Howard doesn't come here, most are fine with paying FAs just to stay in the playoffs, or would you trust Ferry to make his team through drafts?