• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver RE-SIGNS with HAWKS 4 yr $24 million

plskeepbibby

6 mil per for Korver .. wow overpaid big time and injury prone . He misses like 10 games a season on the reg

We didn't overpay him! He does one thing great and one thing very well: shoot (great) and rebound (very well). And before resigning him, SF was the only position we didn't have anyone at. And missing 10 games a year isn't bad at all.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Waste???? Wow... I understand not liking the signing but you and perhaps Swift should bring more to the argument than waste or Brandon Rush would have been better... Come with a clear realistic angle and explanation on why its a waste and how the money should have been spent.

Korver is a one trick pony. The only reason and I repeat the ONLY REASON this signing makes ANY sense if if we know for a fact Dwight is coming here. Otherwise we just wasted four years of our cap room.

At one point there were over 125 people reading this thread. About Kyle Korver re-signing. If we sign Dwight the servers are going to crash!! lol

Korver is a one trick pony. The only reason and I repeat the ONLY REASON this signing makes ANY sense if if we know for a fact Dwight is coming here. Otherwise we just wasted four years of our cap room.

Yeah cause we could never move a MLE level contract to a championship team who needs a shooter...

• Premium Member

If the market is that high for a guy who will be THIRTY SIX YEARS OLD during the contract then perhaps you shouldn't be finding your shooter "in the market".We could get our shooter in the draft or through trade. We spent WAY too much for Korver at 32 yoa. KORVER is OLDER than Joe Johnson!!! He had a 14 PER in by far his best season ever. 14. That's it. He's old and average, yet we payed over the MLE. Waste.Hey, I like Korver, but if there isn't a Dwight Howard, he's a contract burden.W

Trust me I'm shocked Ferry did this. Signing Lou Williams for a MLE deal is smart. This? This ONLY makes sense IF Dwight is coming here. Otherwise it is a complete moronic signing that is the same kind of settle for mediocrity move we all hoped was a thing of the past.

There was really nobody else out there worth that. We could have gotten Dwight and CP3 but it would have taken all of our cap money. If Dwight really wants to play with Josh and another star player and he doesn't feel that Al is that guy then we could flip Al for any number of star players around the league as soon as we want to.

Okay that Horford to Rockets rumor is looking intriguing at this point....

If Howard signs here to we think Ferry has the balls to ship off Horford for Parsons, a 1st rounder, and some added salary pieces?

Im not sure how I would feel about that....

The people whining about this deal are worried about nothing.This contract can easily be move later.if Ferry has a trade offer.If Ferry decides to go into tank mode, he could trade Korver for a first rd pick like Orlando got for Reddick.Its a win-win IMO

• Like 1

• Moderators

At one point there were over 125 people reading this thread. About Kyle Korver re-signing. If we sign Dwight the servers are going to crash!! lol

Yeah cause we could never move a MLE level contract to a championship team who needs a shooter...

Probably because something other than Dwight has finally happened this offseason. We all knew Danny wanted KK back, but what we didn't know is if KK WANTED to be back. Oh, and don't about trying to explain KK to the haters... You might as well be speaking Latin to them, especially if swift is the same swift that posts on the Falcons boards... lol

• Like 1

Okay that Horford to Rockets rumor is looking intriguing at this point....

If Howard signs here to we think Ferry has the balls to ship off Horford for Parsons, a 1st rounder, and some added salary pieces?

Im not sure how I would feel about that....

I hope and pray that we don't trade Al, but if it means getting Dwight and being able to move Al for another star then I'm all for it. I don't, however, think that Parsons would fit that bill. It would have to be for an All-Star level player.

Regardless if Dwight or not - we still have to build a team. Reliable 3pt shooting is a must in today's NBA.A 35 year old Manu resigned for 2yrs/14 million.

• Premium Member

Yep 6 million a year is a waste of cap space, boy that is going to handcuff us forever like the JJ contract. Come on, think before you type.

It is a waste unless it coupled with signing Dwight. THEN it makes sense. If we don't get Dwight then it makes NO SENSE. Korver is OLDER than Joe Johnson for crying out loud and we gave him a FOUR year deal lol.

At one point there were over 125 people reading this thread. About Kyle Korver re-signing. If we sign Dwight the servers are going to crash!! lol Yeah cause we could never move a MLE level contract to a championship team who needs a shooter...

He could be extremely useful even if we get Al Jefferson.
  • Like 1

It is a waste unless it coupled with signing Dwight. THEN it makes sense. If we don't get Dwight then it makes NO SENSE. Korver is OLDER than Joe Johnson for crying out loud and we gave him a FOUR year deal lol.

6 million in the grand scheme of things is not a hard contract to move, unbelievable

I'm not as excited about this signing as others. I was pleased with Korver's shooting abd BBIQ, and I think he fits our system. But he's a career 10 ppg scorer, who is 32 years old and provides very little outside of 3pt shooting. He fits our system, and I especially like the signing if it means Dwight is coming. However, at 6mil per year, he's vastly overpaid. He'll finish the deal as a 37 year old. I would've loved this signing at 4 years 12 million. I was fine letting him walk when he was offered 3 years 20 mil elsewhere.

I'm a fan of Kyle Korvers, but I'm not jumping for joy over 6mil per year for his services.

I hope and pray that we don't trade Al, but if it means getting Dwight and being able to move Al for another star then I'm all for it. I don't, however, think that Parsons would fit that bill. It would have to be for an All-Star level player.

Al for Rajon Rondo......

Duh Duh duhhhhhh