• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh returning to Atlanta to contemplate future. Curious

Admin

Dwight and Josh likely had conversations ---Hawks front court with Horford, Dwight and Josh, but the culture of Hawks basketball may be a deterrent -- versus-- a Dwight, Smith, Harden Trio In a city and arena that got hyped during the Yao years. Then you have to consider the up-and-coming Golden State Warriors with their deadly outside shooting and great coaching.

Why is this news? Josh lives here, why wouldn't he return to somewhere that he's comfortable to think about what he wants to do...

Where did Dwight go to in order to make his decision? Cause he didn't go home so...

• Moderators

Josh could be coming back to Atlanta to pack his things. Who knows. But if Ferry has figured out how to swing:

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Iguodala

PG - Teague

G - Lou

G/F - Korver

then the ASG needs to go ahead and get Ferry's bronze made... I doubt the twitter thing means anything though. Iguodala did take to twitter after Sacramento rescinded their $14 mil/yr contract for him.

Oh, and Josh has a home in LA and lives there during the offseason.

• Like 1

That's weird. I wonder why he's flying to ATL from LA. I figured LA would have direct flights to Houston, no need for a connecting flight at Hartsfield.

• Like 2

Josh could be coming back to Atlanta to pack his things. Who knows. But if Ferry has figured out how to swing:

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Iguodala

PG - Teague

G - Lou

G/F - Korver

then the ASG needs to go ahead and get Ferry's bronze made... I doubt the twitter thing means anything though. Iguodala did take to twitter after Sacramento rescinded their $14 mil/yr contract for him.

Oh, and Josh has a home in LA and lives there during the offseason.

If the Hawks put that line up on our team... I will kiss Danny the next time I see him.

• Like 1

Korver came out of left field. Just maybe........ DH will too?

Lol that's what I'm hoping happens! As July 10th gets closer things get more interesting! But seriously guys why would the hawks sign Korver to 4 years if they DON'T plan to tank?Just sayin something must up ferrys sleeve.

Lol that's what I'm hoping happens! As July 10th gets closer things get more interesting! But seriously guys why would the hawks sign Korver to 4 years if they DON'T plan to tank?Just sayin something must up ferrys sleeve.

To follow that up why would KK resign if we were tanking?

• Like 3

I know I shouldn't read anything into it. I am going around to some sites. Everyone seem puzzle by this move. Why would Korver comeback if the Hawks are tanking and why would the Hawks make this commitment to him? It could all be coincidence. We could say typical move by the Hawks. Nothing is really typical about these Hawks since Ferry got here.

• Like 2

Horford - 12

Kyle - 4.5 million hit?

Draft hit - 2 million, going to assume Bebe goes overseas for a year

Jenkins 1.2

Lou - 5.2

Teague - not sure if his QO is his hit

25.in total. Let's say Josh takes 12 million with 10% raises. 37 payroll, 21 left to spend. Most goes to Dwight. Iggy, we would have to give up a 2014 pick for sign and trade to Denver to consider. Maybe give them rights to Bebe and Lou? Not very likely but in Ferry we trust right.

Horford - 12

Kyle - 4.5 million hit?

Draft hit - 2 million, going to assume Bebe goes overseas for a year

Jenkins 1.2

Lou - 5.2

Teague - not sure if his QO is his hit

25.in total. Let's say Josh takes 12 million with 10% raises. 37 payroll, 21 left to spend. Most goes to Dwight. Iggy, we would have to give up a 2014 pick for sign and trade to Denver to consider. Maybe give them rights to Bebe and Lou? Not very likely but in Ferry we trust right.

Teague's cap hit is around 6.3 million, if I remember Hawksfanatic correctly.

I know I shouldn't read anything into it. I am going around to some sites. Everyone seem puzzle by this move. Why would Korver comeback if the Hawks are tanking and why would the Hawks make this commitment to him? It could all be coincidence. We could say typical move by the Hawks. Nothing is really typical about these Hawks since Ferry got here.

Maybe they are just putting a good piece in place for the future while they have a chance. Gotta cover the cap floor anyway. If they "tank" this year, it's still only 1 year. We would have Korver 3 more years after that. He is a good character guy who gives no trouble and provides outside shooting. What GM wouldn't want him on the team?Not every move is about next year. If you have a 4 or 5 year plan and this player helps in year 3, why not sign him now? If your trying to lose games, you can always bench him if you want. (Doubt Bud does that tho in year 1)

• Moderators

The date has been moved up to Friday. And as phoostal said, why would Korver at 32 years old who publicly said that wouldn't resign with the Hawks if he felt the Hawks were rebuilding, end up signing with the Hawks if the plan is to tank... Seriously.

Korver excitement begin to leak into other threads now. lol

• Like 1