• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Warriors trying to clear cap space to sign D12 outright

Admin

Seems like a longshot unless they include Barnes and/or Thompson to one of these teams with cap room, but you never know.

By doing what?

Trading their 3 massive expiring contracts to teams under the cap, while offering a future 1st round pick along with the expirings. They could clear close to $35 million if they moved all 3. As it stands if they can just move 2 of them, they could get D12 outright. It's a longshot though.

Bogut - $14 million

Jefferson - $11 million

Beans - $9 million

This could work out extremely well for Atlanta if Dwight decides he wants to play in Golden State. I'd gladly take any of those 3 expiring contracts if it came with a 1st round pick and a young player.... especially if it were Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson, both of which are probably unlikely, but you never know.

• Like 1

I love the fact that Danny Ferry keeps things under wraps but I just wanna hear something about the Hawks besides "no way in hell"

Yeah Atlanta Free Agency sucks. Ferry and Dimitroff dont let any info out and Frank Wren just gets screwed, see Furcal.

• Like 1

This could work out extremely well for Atlanta if Dwight decides he wants to play in Golden State. I'd gladly take any of those 3 expiring contracts if it came with a 1st round pick and a young player.... especially if it were Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson, both of which are probably unlikely, but you never know.

I would hold out for Barnes or Klay because the 1st round pick will not be high enough.Is there another team besides Hawks, Dallas and Houston that have space to absorb those contracts?

I would hold out for Barnes or Klay because the 1st round pick will not be high enough.Is there another team besides Hawks, Dallas and Houston that have space to absorb those contracts?

cleveland has alot of cap space I can easily see them being involved in this.

If it doesnt come with Klay/Barnes the Warriors really have no play except for Dallas. Houston wouldnt want that deal and neither will the Hawks. Without Klay/Barnes Im pretty sure the Hawks would help Houston get Howard and take back Asik and a first for Josh.

Sounds to me as if Dwight is the one that made the call on this, Golden State wouldn't have any reason to move any of these salaries if it wAsnt garaunteed Dwight would sign with them. I do not believe that they would dump all of these "pieces" to POTENTIALLY sign Dwight. Things for Atlanta are loo looking more and more bleak

Sounds to me as if Dwight is the one that made the call on this, Golden State wouldn't have any reason to move any of these salaries if it wAsnt garaunteed Dwight would sign with them. I do not believe that they would dump all of these "pieces" to POTENTIALLY sign Dwight.Things for Atlanta are loo looking more and more bleak

Warriors is one of the worst possible scenarios. We wouldn't get anything back from them most likely. At least if he goes to Houston we can pry away Asik.

• Premium Member

Warriors is one of the worst possible scenarios. We wouldn't get anything back from them most likely. At least if he goes to Houston we can pry away Asik.

Uh...no. All the more reason I hope we "miss out" on one dimensional players with big deals. No thanks to Asik.

Absolutely is. I will actually be more upset with the Franchise that takes on those salaries and helps the Warriors then I will be the Warriors. Does anyone think there is any value to adding Broken Bogut. Old Rich Jefferson or mediocre Bierdins to their roster????

I dont see anybody wants to get those three contacts at all. But I think that Cleveland might be one

The warriors would have to include klay or barnes or a pick if they are going to find anyone to take on those contracts. Cleveland has taken on contracts for picks in the past so I think they would be the most realistic target.