• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight eliminates Atlanta, will be signing with Houston

Admin

That is the only valid strategy open to us.

Let's be real here Hawks fans, something became GLARINGLY OBVIOUS this offseason:

This team will never be able to sign a superstar as a free agent. Paul and Howard passed on us and we weren't even a serious contender for either one of them.

The only way to win rings in the NBA is with superstars. We had the most cap space in the ENTIRE NBA with a two time All Star already contract and what did we get with it? NOTHING.

So if you can't sign a superstar if means you either trade for one or you draft one. What team out there is going to trade a superstar to us? Let's be real. That leaves only one option. The draft. This upcoming draft is the most talent rich draft in maybe a DECADE. That is a draft you try your hardest to get a lottery pick for.

All this talk about Asik being a good defender runs contrary to what we need: not want, NEED. You NEED a superstar or you are at best and I repeat AT BEST a playoff treadmill team. If that is all you want in a franchise then knock yourself out. If you want to actually have a real chance of winning a title then you have to embrace whatever gets this franchise a superstar.

So you're saying Wiggins and 12 stiffs will get us a championship?

I don't know people are so upset...he didn't really want to come here...I am okay with all of this and I am glad the Lakers didn't get him.

Agreed. We go from Championship contender to the lottery just because we don't get Dwight?? I cant see him making that much of an impact. Dwight and CP3 maybe. But just Dwight? Please! Time to move on.

That is the only valid strategy open to us.

Let's be real here Hawks fans, something became GLARINGLY OBVIOUS this offseason:

This team will never be able to sign a superstar as a free agent. Paul and Howard passed on us and we weren't even a serious contender for either one of them.

The only way to win rings in the NBA is with superstars. We had the most cap space in the ENTIRE NBA with a two time All Star already contract and what did we get with it? NOTHING.

So if you can't sign a superstar if means you either trade for one or you draft one. What team out there is going to trade a superstar to us? Let's be real. That leaves only one option. The draft. This upcoming draft is the most talent rich draft in maybe a DECADE. That is a draft you try your hardest to get a lottery pick for.

All this talk about Asik being a good defender runs contrary to what we need: not want, NEED. You NEED a superstar or you are at best and I repeat AT BEST a playoff treadmill team. If that is all you want in a franchise then knock yourself out. If you want to actually have a real chance of winning a title then you have to embrace whatever gets this franchise a superstar.

If the Hawks commit to being a treadmill team, I'm done with this team. I should have never placed my faith in Ferry. I am selling all of my Hawks stuff on ebay. I can't do this no more. You have a chance at Wiggins and Parker and you choose to make us f**king average again. This is not entertainment. No one like this but fans who just like having a chance then complaining when it's clear we aren't winning anything. AHF and Hotlanta, you were right, I was wrong. Danny Ferry is terrible and is another Billy Knight.

Agreed. We go from Championship contender to the lottery just because we don't get Dwight?? I cant see him making that much of an impact. Dwight and CP3 maybe. But just Dwight? Please! Time to move on.

We only would have been a contender resigning Smoove to play with D12 or sign Iggy to play with D12. Otherwise no, we wouldn't be contenders at all.

If the Hawks commit to being a treadmill team, I'm done with this team. I should have never placed my faith in Ferry. I am selling all of my Hawks stuff on ebay. I can't do this no more. You have a chance at Wiggins and Parker and you choose to make us f**king average again. This is not entertainment. No one like this but fans who just like having a chance then complaining when it's clear we aren't winning anything. AHF and Hotlanta, you were right, I was wrong. Danny Ferry is terrible and is another Billy Knight.

Adios! What size do you wear? Link me to your auctions.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Wiggins and Horford? Yes, that's how you build a real championship team. Not just a team that is at best a second round exit every year.

• Like 1

Well then it's settled all you tankers. A one year $20 million contract for Juwan Howard (that way we'll be able to say we got Howard) and trade Horford for the worst $12 million short term contract we can find. Then we win 20 games and get the 7th pick in the 2014 draft. Woo hoo exciting times for Hawks fans everywhere.

Wiggins and Horford? Yes, that's how you build a real championship team. Not just a team that is at best a second round exit every year.

If we're gonna tank, why would we keep Horford?

Well then it's settled all you tankers. A one year $20 million contract for Juwan Howard (that way we'll be able to say we got Howard) and trade Horford for the worst $12 million short term contract we can find. Then we win 20 games and get the 7th pick in the 2014 draft. Woo hoo exciting times for Hawks fans everywhere.

The 7th pick is pretty great too. I would love to get James Young.

Because after the 1st draft of a rebuild you are suppose to be a contender? It's called a build. Wiggins (or Parker, Randle, etc) is the franchise player you pick then build around.

Have you seen the East. Brooklyn, Chicago, Miami, Indiana are all superior to Atlanta no matter what we do in free agency this year. We are a 1st round exit at best. New York is much better as well.

Adios! What size do you wear? Link me to your auctions.

I'll post a link on here when I am ready to sell. I might just give my jerseys to my little cousins. I have the Nique, Pistol Pete, and Mookie.

Edited by Leadership

• Premium Member

Because Horf is ideally the third best player on your team. His being the best player on our team this upcoming season (assuming we tank) would not hurt out chances in the lottery.

• Premium Member

lol... what if Houston tried to unload Royce White on us?

If it were Josh for Asik, Parson, White... I would take it... and I would cut White so fast it would make his head hurt!!

The next draft is a year from now. Remember Shabazz Muhammad? This reminds me of that situation.

I wasn't sold on Bazz even then. I called him the next Ron Mercer. I seen Parker and Wiggins. Those two would be 1/2 in most years. Smart would be the best talent in this year's draft if he entered.

• Premium Member

Have you seen the East. Brooklyn, Chicago, Miami, Indiana are all superior to Atlanta no matter what we do in free agency this year. We are a 1st round exit at best. New York is much better as well.

I'll post a link on here when I am ready to sell. I might just give my jerseys to my little cousins. I have the Nique, Pistol Pete, and Mookie.

I was being optimistic for the fans here that think Horford and Korver are good enough for 50 wins a season.

The next draft is a year from now. Remember Shabazz Muhammad? This reminds me of that situation.

You can say it's bad or good. Remember Lebron James and Melo? This reminds everyone else of that situation. Wiggins/Parker/Randle are being compared to Pippen/Melo/Webber.

Edited by RWF

Because after the 1st draft of a rebuild you are suppose to be a contender? It's called a build. Wiggins (or Parker, Randle, etc) is the franchise player you pick then build around.

OK, but we'll need 12 2014 first round draft picks, because no free agent is going to want to come here when all they see is a perpetual loser. And when their rookie contract is done, they bail out on us just like Lebron.

• Premium Member

I wasn't sold on Bazz even then. I called him the next Ron Mercer. I seen Parker and Wiggins. Those two would be 1/2 in most years. Smart would be the best talent in this year's draft if he entered.

Tanking doesn't make sense unless we gut the team.

THEN on top of that, there's no guarantee that we will get who we want. The Lottery is rigged.

OK, but we'll need 12 2014 first round draft picks, because no free agent is going to want to come here when all they see is a perpetual loser. And when their rookie contract is done, they bail out on us just like Lebron.

There is more than one draft. Have you ever seen the NBA before? You draft, then next draft, you draft. Everyone does it. It's called building a team. The first year is about finding your superstar than keep building.

We only would have been a contender resigning Smoove to play with D12 or sign Iggy to play with D12. Otherwise no, we wouldn't be contenders at all.

So why is everyone so upset?? And I disagree that Josh/Dwight or Dwight/Iggy gets us a ring. Cant see it. Dwight is overated imo. And so is Iggy. Cant wait for Josh to go to Houston. Harden/Josh/Dwight wont get though half a season without clasing.And I guarantee you the Hawks will win we play em, lol. Btw, McHale will be fired mid season. lol