• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: Hawks to try and SnT Josh to Houston for Asik. Lakers to try and SnT Howard for Asik. Battle is on...

Admin

Asik can rebound and help on d. He will stay down low and not try to shoot like he is Larry Bird or play pg. He will make Horfords life easier. Its a good move if it happens.

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SCREW US

Or, just maybe, Ferry doesn't want any of these players. Maybe he wants to.........wait for it..........rebuild and to not make a move just to make it. Spurs don't panic and try to sign random free agents.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

At the end of the day f*** everyone let's built this thing from the ground up by our selves and make our own stars. f*** Josh, f*** Howard f*** LA and Houston, screw them.

That's the spirit. Let Ferry work on his own team.

Or, just maybe, Ferry doesn't want any of these players. Maybe he wants to.........wait for it..........rebuild and to not make a move just to make it. Spurs don't panic and try to sign random free agents.

QFT the spurs hardly even make trades everybody just wants to see something happen..that's not always the best answer

...still waiting for somebody in this thread to explain where our starting C is coming from if not from Houston...

Maybe it's not about being "ok" this season, no need to panic just for a 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. I will be fine with a rookie starting at PG and center.

So now were supposed to tank by not signing anyone? Cause thats legal.

Did I say that? Ferry isn't going to panic and sign random players just to please some of the fans that are ok with 1st round eliminations. Just wait for what he does instead of sarcastic posting to fellow Hawks fans. If he rebuilds, it's not my fault or any of the others that see a rebuild coming.

• Like 1

Did I say that? Ferry isn't going to panic and sign random players just to please some of the fans that are ok with 1st round eliminations. Just wait for what he does instead of sarcastic posting to fellow Hawks fans. If he rebuilds, it's not my fault or any of the others that see a rebuild coming.

I don't think anyone is saying to sign guys just for the sake of signing them. DF needs to make the right moves. Getting Asik is a good fit. Lin isn't. Signing Ellis isn't but other reasonable free agents yes. Keep cap flexibility, accumulate picks, make wise trades and signings. He can do this without tanking, some don't see that though

What? All that is left are random players. I think it is pretty evident Ferry doesnt want Josh Smith. Monta Ellis seems to be going to Denver. Who else is left? Bynum? Hes a one year deal.

Asik isnt some random player. We need a center. Even in your tanking theory we would still need a center. Asik is an above average rebounder and defender. He is perfect and does not cost a ton.

Who is this random player you are talking about?

some don't see that though

It seems people see what they want to see, and then completely dismiss others' visions on an internet forum. All I have to say is, let's see what happens. I'm sitting back waiting. Others are "Why isn't Ferry signing anyone? I want signings!".

• Like 1

Who is this random player you are talking about?

Random in terms of Ferry's plan for the team. People want signings, well what if Ferry doesn't see anyone he thinks will fit in? That to me would be a random signing, a signing just for the sake of having cap right now, so you should sign someone. Free Agency just began, you can't sign anyone until a few more days. It takes time to build a team. Having 3 guys on the roster to start the off-season tells me it's not going to be built in one year.

It seems people see what they want to see, and then completely dismiss others' visions on an internet forum. All I have to say is, let's see what happens. I'm sitting back waiting. Others are "Why isn't Ferry signing anyone? I want signings!".

I'll agree with you on sitting back to see how it plays out. However there seems to be two extremes on this site - Tank or sign whoever is left. Personally I don't think you need to go to either extreme. There is way in the middle that will accomplish the goal of being a championship contender. Like you said lets see how DF keeps moving forward and go by the moves he makes. Because right now tanking or signing everyone is pure speculation on both ends.

Random in terms of Ferry's plan for the team. People want signings, well what if Ferry doesn't see anyone he thinks will fit in? That to me would be a random signing, a signing just for the sake of having cap right now, so you should sign someone. Free Agency just began, you can't sign anyone until a few more days. It takes time to build a team. Having 3 guys on the roster to start the off-season tells me it's not going to be built in one year.

I feel like your arguing things that no one has stated. I havent read through the whole thread though. I know I never said any of that. Ferry HAS to make some moves. I dont care when they come, but he has a minimum cap to reach and a team to build. Asik is a perfect fit for this team as it is right now. For the rest I expect guys like Teague, Jack, Brewer, etc. Second tier guys that will be starters next year and good depth when we actually have a real team.