ASIK You are Welcome Here in Atlanta.

Diesel

Houston has the lowest point in the paint in the NBA according to ESPN...and we would get their low post threat...smh

Please Danny NOOOOOo

They have a ball dominant SG, no PF at all, and a strategy of bombs away from 3. Of course they're not going to score a lot in the paint. They do have one of the best offensive rebounding bigs in the league though, a guy by the name of Asik. And they're not Zaza offensive rebounds either. They are legit.

Relax Asik haters. Per Woj, no sign and trades have been discussed between ATL and HOU.

"Houston and Atlanta haven't discussed a Josh Smith sign-and-trade, but that's a conversation that could happen soon, league sources tell Y!"

He scores points, he blocks shots, he will attract more fans and he is more athletic. He still rebounds better than Asik also. He still averaged 13+RPG playing beside Gasol while the second best rebounder in Houston averaged like 5 rebounds per game.

And he makes 10 million more per season and doesn't want to play in Atlanta. So in your mind we should say f it and just roll with Zaza at C vs making a major upgrade to what we had last year?

Relax Asik haters. Per Woj, no sign and trades have been discussed between ATL and HOU.

"Houston and Atlanta haven't discussed a Josh Smith sign-and-trade, but that's a conversation that could happen soon, league sources tell Y!"

Sorry I can't read non-embedded Tweets :)

For those of you who don't want Asik and complain about his talent... who realistically can ATL put at center next year that allows Horford to move to PF that is nearly as good defensively and on the boards as Asik? We're not getting Dwight, not getting Cousins... I mean who do you want? Do you want to see this team win 20 games and have a shot at NO high quality free agents next year, too? (All for a small chance at a top 2 pick in a loaded draft.) Talk about treadmill...

We won 44 games last year and had no shot at high quality free agents this year. Winning has nothing to do with it. HQ FA's are not coming here. We have to build in the draft or take chances (Bynum).

These people go back and fourth so much that they don't know.

And he makes 10 million more per season and doesn't want to play in Atlanta. So in your mind we should say f it and just roll with Zaza at C vs making a major upgrade to what we had last year?

Sorry I can't read non-embedded Tweets Posted Image

I'm techno challenged.

• Like 1

They have a ball dominant SG, no PF at all, and a strategy of bombs away from 3. Of course they're not going to score a lot in the paint. They do have one of the best offensive rebounding bigs in the league though, a guy by the name of Asik. And they're not Zaza offensive rebounds either. They are legit.

Ty for responding, Some just regurgitate info without understanding the reason why. They Just look at a stat in a vacuum...smh.

Sorry I can't read non-embedded Tweets Posted Image

Diesel asked and I gave him the answer.

But, assuming they do this deal, they will still battle for 7th or 8th seed next year. Which means there will be no top pick. So where do you go from there? Strike out in FA again... Because they will. That's what this team does.

• Like 1

I'm techno challenged.

Just hit the blue button with the white bird in it and then type in the URL to the Tweet, which you can get by right-clicking on the x min ago link on the Tweets.

Or type in: [ tweet ] URL to Tweet [ / tweet ] without the spaces around the brackets.

Ty for responding, Some just regurgitate info without understanding the reason why. They Just look at a stat in a vacuum...smh.

Speaking of vacuuming, what are you doing on here JayBird, don't you have woman work to do :)

• Moderators

I'm literally stunned to read this type of welfare mentality logic coming from someone who I always thought was pretty logical. Asik is a pretty damned nice piece and so what if he's not Dwight, he's going to be the best C we've had in Atlanta since Deke in his prime.

Asik's a nice talent, no doubt, but he's a rich man's Zaza at best. He is a guy you bring in off the bench. I would rather take Zaza back on a 1 yr/$ 6 mil deal and try to steal Cousins next offseason than to continue forward with mid-level talent. I either want to be a contender or a bottom feeder. No more of this middle of the pack horse hockey which is exact where Asik will put us. We don't have the SF, PG, or SG to make Asik a serviceable starter for us and there aren't any guys at those positions left in this free agency class. I don't care about Dwight anymore, but I don't want Houston's sloppy seconds as a consolation prize.

Just hit the blue button with the white bird in it and then type in the URL to the Tweet, which you can get by right-clicking on the x min ago link on the Tweets. Or type in: [ tweet ] URL to Tweet [ / tweet ] without the spaces around the brackets. Speaking of vacuuming, what are you doing on here JayBird, don't you have woman work to do :)

heeeeey, watch your mouth now. Already done though, lol.

Just hit the blue button with the white bird in it and then type in the URL to the Tweet, which you can get by right-clicking on the x min ago link on the Tweets.

Or type in: [ tweet ] URL to Tweet [ / tweet ] without the spaces around the brackets.

Speaking of vacuuming, what are you doing on here JayBird, don't you have woman work to do Posted Image

I'll thank you not to use that kind of language in my presence.Posted Image

• Like 1

We won 44 games last year and had no shot at high quality free agents this year. Winning has nothing to do with it. HQ FA's are not coming here. We have to build in the draft or take chances (Bynum).

"Had no shot at high quality free agents this year." Not getting any so far does not equate to having no shot. Changing the culture and perception of a franchise does not start with putting a horrible team on the floor and bringing in lazy players, leaving everything to luck (ping pong balls) and wishful thinking (Bynum suddenly changes his mentality after he gets paid.)

• Like 3

• Moderators

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Asik's a nice talent, no doubt, but he's a rich man's Zaza at best. He is a guy you bring in off the bench. I would rather take Zaza back on a 1 yr/$ 6 mil deal and try to steal Cousins next offseason than to continue forward with mid-level talent. I either want to be a contender or a bottom feeder. No more of this middle of the pack horse hockey which is exact where Asik will put us. We don't have the SF, PG, or SG to make Asik a serviceable starter for us and there aren't any guys at those positions left in this free agency class. I don't care about Dwight anymore, but I don't want Houston's sloppy seconds as a consolation prize.

How is a top 5 defensive C, the 2nd best rebounding C, and a guy who's very efficient someone you bring off the bench?

"Had no shot at high quality free agents this year." Not getting any so far does not equate to having no shot. Changing the culture and perception of a franchise does not start with putting a horrible team on the floor and bringing in lazy players, leaving everything to luck (ping pong balls) and wishful thinking (Bynum suddenly changes his mentality after he gets paid.)

Not lazy players. Bring in young players that need to learn. 6 potential franchise players in this draft. No luck needed. We should get one of those picks.

Touche Atlanta.

Bynum mentality gets overblown. He is a tough player on the court.

Edited by GameTime