• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ASIK You are Welcome Here in Atlanta.

Diesel

• Premium Member

shhhhhhhh..... Quiet.... Secret Here...

Us getting Asik is actually very good!!!! Maybe as good as getting Howard. Maybe better??!!!!!

What did you like about Howard?

His defense?

Asik is a good defender.

His rebounding?

Asik is a good rebounder.

His Youth?

Asik is younger.

His ability to play C and let Al play PF?

We can still do that.

As a former pouter (although I only pouted for about 2 posts), I challenge any pouter to tell me why Howard is so much better than Asik??

In the meanwhile, I want to officially welcome the C that will help us get to the championship!!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

This says otherwise:

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1mDon't know Hawks' level of interest in Asik. Do know they're not going 2 make moves just to be "active." Has to fit team culture. #spurseast

Don't speak for everyone. Don't make a move that keeps us in the middle. Take a chance and rebuild through draft.

Edited by RWF

Asik fits the Spurs mold of player to a T so not sure what that ass clown Aldridge is talking about.

I won't forget seeing Asik punk Horford and the Hawks front line in Chicago and in Houston. Been wanting to get him for 2 years now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This says otherwise:

Don't speak for everyone. Don't make a move that keeps us in the middle. Take a chance and rebuild through draft.

No response on why Dwight is so much better than Asik?

When you finish pouting and you really think about it... come back.

• Premium Member

Asik fits the Spurs mold of player to a T so not sure what that ass clown Aldridge is talking about.

I won't forget seeing Asik punk Horford and the Hawks front line in Chicago and in Houston. Been wanting to get him for 2 years now.

Yep. I had those same memories.

I didn't know he had damn near 12 rpg this season. And he blocks shots. And thursday was his birthday!

He and Zaza!!

^ good to hear that past GMs would make moves just to make,but i can see Asik Filling the need for C if dont get get PEK

I'd MUCH rather have Asik and that's not even talking about the 4-5 million difference in salary.

Tanking might not neccessarily work out. Ferry just needs to keep building around Horford. People seem to forget that Parker and Ginobli were late round picks for the Spurs. They won 3 titles together. Schröder could "potentially" be our Parker, and Nogueira could develop to be a real good all around center in this league.

Yep. I had those same memories.

I didn't know he had damn near 12 rpg this season. And he blocks shots. And thursday was his birthday!

He and Zaza!!

He and Lin almost single handedly beat us the 1st time we played them this year with their offensive rebounding.

• Premium Member

Asik really is alot closer to D12 than the average fan would think

Exactly. A shot blocking 12 rpg (30 mpg) Center who dominant the defensive paint.

He allows us to play Horf at PF.

No more bone headed shooting.

By the end of the season, we will be seen as the big winner in this offseason if we do it right.

Tanking might not neccessarily work out. Ferry just needs to keep building around Horford. People seem to forget that Parker and Ginobli were late round picks for the Spurs. They won 3 titles together. Schröder could "potentially" be our Parker, and Nogueira could develop to be a real good all around center in this league.

Who is our Duncan?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We will see if we get Asik or not, and if we don't, I will come back to this.

If we don't... I will pout with you.

Who is our Duncan?

This is not really about a SA model. Really not. However, Horf playing at PF will do wonders for his game. We need a good SG.

• Premium Member

There is no comparsion between Asik and Dwight. Dwight owns him every category.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=asikom01&y1=2013&p2=howardw01&y2=2013

Yeah.. true... However:

Asik 8.8 Million. Howard 18.0 Million.

That's All.

Is Howard THAT much better than Asik?