• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ASIK You are Welcome Here in Atlanta.

Diesel

There is no comparsion between Asik and Dwight. Dwight owns him every category.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=asikom01&y1=2013&p2=howardw01&y2=2013

Dwight is the better player!!

But did you actually look at the numbers you posted? I just assumed D12's numbers were way above Asik's, better but take another look.

Asik was the better rebounder (offensively and defensively).

And at less than half the salary.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

There is no comparsion between Asik and Dwight. Dwight owns him every category. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=asikom01&y1=2013&p2=howardw01&y2=2013

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute...Did you even LOOK at what you posted??Howard is ahead in some (not even all!) offensive categories but otherwise Asik actually seems kinda comparable. He even rebounds at a higher rate than Howard. And all that for $12 million LESS per year.TWELVE... MILLION!!!!!
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute...Did you even LOOK at what you posted??Howard is ahead in some (not even all!) offensive categories but otherwise Asik actually seems kinda comparable. He even rebounds at a higher rate than Howard. And all that for $12 million LESS per year.TWELVE... MILLION!!!!!

GO AHEAD... SAY IT WITH ME...

ASIK... WELCOME TO ATLANTA!!!!

• Like 2

I'm more excited for the Hawks than the Falcons right now.

ASIK AND DESTROY

"ASIK AND DESTROY" is the best thing I've heard today. Kudos!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Asik won't sell tickets or be anything that Dwight has ever been (All Star, DPOY, All-NBA, yada yada). Tired of being a treadmill team that always get mediocre talent to fill the roster. Don't care about his cap hit. You want to be the best you gotta have the best. Asik isn't anything near a dominate as Howard and the year compared in that link I posted is in a year where Dwight had Kobe jacking up shot after shot, playing in D'Antoni's horrible system, and overcoming a back injury. There is no comparison between Asik and Dwight. Would rather start Muscala over Asik.

Asik won't sell tickets or be anything that Dwight has ever been (All Star, DPOY, All-NBA, yada yada). Tired of being a treadmill team that always get mediocre talent to fill the roster. Don't care about his cap hit. You want to be the best you gotta have the best. Asik isn't anything near a dominate as Howard and the year compared in that link I posted is in a year where Dwight had Kobe jacking up shot after shot, playing in D'Antoni's horrible system, and overcoming a back injury. There is no comparison between Asik and Dwight. Would rather start Muscala over Asik.

I'm literally stunned to read this type of welfare mentality logic coming from someone who I always thought was pretty logical. Asik is a pretty damned nice piece and so what if he's not Dwight, he's going to be the best C we've had in Atlanta since Deke in his prime.

• Like 1

Asik fits the Spurs mold of player to a T so not sure what that ass clown Aldridge is talking about.

I won't forget seeing Asik punk Horford and the Hawks front line in Chicago and in Houston. Been wanting to get him for 2 years now.

I don't get it; most would have loved Asik, if Dwight had never become a FA. How long have we been looking for a 7 foot center that can rebound, people act like Centers are readily available.

• Like 4

And to those who think Asik can't sell tickets, ex-Hawk centers can certainly sell tickets. I've seen Cal Bowdler standing outside the Team Gear store next to that little 'spin the wheel' game on many a game night.

• Like 4

And to those who think Asik can't sell tickets, ex-Hawk centers can certainly sell tickets. I've seen Cal Bowdler standing outside the Team Gear store next to that little 'spin the wheel' game on many a game night.

And I'm pretty sure that there's an opening in the ticket department for the Hawks now too!

• Like 1

shhhhhhhh..... Quiet.... Secret Here...

Us getting Asik is actually very good!!!! Maybe as good as getting Howard. Maybe better??!!!!!

What did you like about Howard?

His defense?

Asik is a good defender.

His rebounding?

Asik is a good rebounder.

His Youth?

Asik is younger.

His ability to play C and let Al play PF?

We can still do that.

As a former pouter (although I only pouted for about 2 posts), I challenge any pouter to tell me why Howard is so much better than Asik??

In the meanwhile, I want to officially welcome the C that will help us get to the championship!!!

Posted Image

He scores points, he blocks shots, he will attract more fans and he is more athletic. He still rebounds better than Asik also. He still averaged 13+RPG playing beside Gasol while the second best rebounder in Houston averaged like 5 rebounds per game.

For those of you who don't want Asik and complain about his talent... who realistically can ATL put at center next year that allows Horford to move to PF that is nearly as good defensively and on the boards as Asik? We're not getting Dwight, not getting Cousins... I mean who do you want? Do you want to see this team win 20 games and have a shot at NO high quality free agents next year, too? (All for a small chance at a top 2 pick in a loaded draft.) Talk about treadmill...

• Like 4