• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Asik for $15 million next year; NO THANKS!

D.R.P.

Oiye, that's not true.

2013 salary - $5 million ($8.3 million cap hit)

2014 salary - $15 million ($8.3 million cap hit)

Avg salary - $10 million

Same goes for Jeremy Lin

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....I would boycott if we did this....Just let SMith walk, save our capspace for something worth while....eventhough everyone overlooks ATL....Change Culture is challenging

Edited by wolvetigers

All the ASG has to do is put that 5 mil in savings next season in escrow until 2014/15 Posted Image . The only number fans need to be concerned about is the cap hit of 8.3 mil.

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....I would boycott if we did this....Just let SMith walk, save our capspace for something worth while....eventhough everyone overlooks ATL....Change Culture is challenging

You would boycott if we paid Asik an average of $10 million per season the next 2 seasons, knowing he's the 2nd best rebounding C and a top 5 defensive C who's also efficient offensively and would allow Al to play at PF? Sorry but that's crazy talk.

• Like 1

Judging from this year, I don't think that's a good idea. Clearly we can have all the money in the world and still not bring in any stars. Even homegrown talent smh.

Oiye, that's not true.

2013 salary - $5 million ($8.3 million cap hit)

2014 salary - $15 million ($8.3 million cap hit)

Avg salary - $10 million

Same goes for Jeremy Lin

You are right in how he is paid; but his cap hit is 8.3 a year. I can't explain how they worked it out without writing a book; but it is what it is. 8.3 over three years. 25 million total. 5 paid the first two years, 15 the last. But his cap hit is 8.3 over the three years.

Edited by Buzzard

You are right in how he is paid; but his cap hit is 8.3 a year. I can't explain how they worked it out without writing a book; but it is what it is. 8.3 over three years. 25 million total. 5 paid the first two years, 15 the last. But his cap hit is 8.3 over the three years.

How am I wrong when that's exactly what I typed?

Did I say you were wrong? I just wanted them to be SURE and know that his cap hit is 8.3 and not 15.

Maybe I'm not reading this right but it sounds like you were trying to say I was wrong about what I wrote. You could have just said yep those #'s are right, since they were.

You would boycott if we paid Asik an average of $10 million per season the next 2 seasons, knowing he's the 2nd best rebounding C and a top 5 defensive C who's also efficient offensively and would allow Al to play at PF? Sorry but that's crazy talk.

Why can we not like the same post more than once Dolf? People are crying over possibly getting back a friggin bargain for a center and/or a PG with massive marketability and talent when those same folks cry because the Hawks never get any publicity nationally and we can't draw big name free agents.
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm not reading this right but it sounds like you were trying to say I was wrong about what I wrote. You could have just said yep those #'s are right, since they were.

I guess the "but" made it sound like that. Not what I meant. My main emphasis is on 8.3 cap hit. You seemed more centered on the 15 million part and 10 per year average.

The cap hit is not that tough on our cap space and still leaves us very flexible depending on what else we have to take back.

• Like 1

I guess the "but" made it sound like that. Not what I meant. My main emphasis is on 8.3 cap hit. You seemed more centered on the 15 million part and 10 per year average.

The cap hit is not that tough on our cap space and still leaves us very flexible depending on what else we have to take back.

Gotcha... just a bit on edge after that douche Chernoff had some comments on Twitter. Sorry for jumping the gun :)