Pistons sign Josh Smith - 4 years / 56 million

lethalweapon3

There's a reason one player signed for 14 million a year, and one player signed for 9.5 million a year. They're basically the same age, matter fact milsap is older. He's simply a lesser player. Its not that I hate change. I just hate change for the worse. I'm forward thinking and forward moving. But I'm also rational and logical. None of this makes sense to me.

Josh is more athletic than Millsap but you may as well be telling me Julio Jones is more athletic than Millsap. That does not translate into best basketball player all the time.

Dumars is the same GM that spent all his teams cap up on players like Ben Gordon and Charlie V, so hold off on the judgement that Josh is worth more per year than Millsap just because Dumars thinks so lmao.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Al wishes Josh well:

https://twitter.com/Al_Horford

Again, no mention of Millsap. I bet Al hates the idea of playing center some more.

I honestly wonder if Al is going to try and get traded at this point. The dude has been saying for years he wants to play PF and they still keep throwing him out at center.

I honestly wonder if Al is going to try and get traded at this point. The dude has been saying for years he wants to play PF and they still keep throwing him out at center.

I think winning takes care of everything. This is Al's team now and I hope he relishes the opportunity. Plus I have a feeling that Mike Muscala is going to get a hard look at being the 3rd big ( replacing ZaZa's role ) in our rotation. His offense is NBA ready, we just have to see if his rebounding skills translate to this level.

Edited by Buzzard

No. Josh is just better. Better scorer, better rebounder, better distribution of the ball, better defense, better athlete. Just better. But josh was more expensive. I get it. Ownership going on the cheap as usual. Do y'all realize we have 3 different head coaches in the last four years. For a team that's been to the playoffs each one of those years. This is stupid. And I think I'm going to refuse to buy it .

Muscala is nba ready? Really? Y'all are hilarious. When I'm down, I know I can come to hawksquawk.net for a few laughs

You are just a troll. Probably a Pistons fan or something and now you are hatin life because Dumars has cash strapped your team once again for non all star talent.

Smith is a talent, but not all star talent, and your GM paid him all star money. Deal with it lmao

• Like 1

• Moderators

The problem is that Al is probably a player Ferry really likes, but by the time he gets this team where he wants it Al will probably be 30+ years old.

And that is my biggest fear. Kinda like Dirk and David Robinson. Wait 13 seasons before they get a team good enough to contend.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss me with that advance stat mess. Sight test are still a better evaluation. Milsap has a better nerd WARP than smith. Milsap has a better geek PER than smith. What I see tells me we'll really suck if milsap is the biggest addition we make this offseason.

Miss me with that advance stat mess. Sight test are still a better evaluation. Milsap has a better nerd WARP than smith. Milsap has a better geek PER than smith. What I see tells me we'll really suck if milsap is the biggest addition we make this offseason.

"Nerd WARP" is fantastic! Hahaha!

I'm not a troll. I've been a member of this website since 2002 or 2003, something like that. I usually just enjoyed seeing you guys go back and forth about the hawks. Its not like we have a ton of websites that gives us a lot attention. I don't post much, never have. Used to have a different name before the change over. Every once in a while, when I'm passionate about something, I'll post a lot. Luckily I have this weekend off, and wifey is out of town. This has my attention when it normally doesn't. I'm normally too busy.

I'm not a troll. I've been a member of this website since 2002 or 2003, something like that. I usually just enjoyed seeing you guys go back and forth about the hawks. Its not like we have a ton of websites that gives us a lot attention. I don't post much, never have. Used to have a different name before the change over. Every once in a while, when I'm passionate about something, I'll post a lot. Luckily I have this weekend off, and wifey is out of town. This has my attention when it normally doesn't. I'm normally too busy.

Sorry about the Troll part then. You obviously think a lot more of Josh's worth than 75% of this board. Very few regular posters here would consider Josh worth 56 million over four years.

For a player who over a nine year career and who has never made one all-star game (even in the weaker conference), It just does not compute for most of us.

Edited by Buzzard

@buzzard, cool. Smith hasn't made an all star game because of perception. Fans and opposing coaches believe he's a malcontent. I've yet to hear of any current or former teammate or coach say anything negative about josh smith. Seems to me he's just one of those players that get a bad rap. Must not be too bad, cuz he just got PAID again. He's now a 100 million dollar man. Atl's own. I'm a grady baby

• Like 1

Aside from semantics, there is really no difference between being a power forward and a center. Look at Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. I can almost guarantee Al does not care. Edited by atlbraves93

@buzzard, cool. Smith hasn't made an all star game because of perception. Fans and opposing coaches believe he's a malcontent. I've yet to hear of any current or former teammate or coach say anything negative about josh smith. Seems to me he's just one of those players that get a bad rap. Must not be too bad, cuz he just got PAID again. He's now a 100 million dollar man. Atl's own. I'm a grady baby

Have you seen Josh play? Honest question. He kills his own team time and time again with horrific shot selection. 100 million dollars? Now I know you're trolling.The consensus is that Millsap is, if not an upgrade from Josh, a far better value than Josh. And it's not close.You chose to ignore "geek PER and WARP." How about geek RPG and FG%? How about geek shot selection, heart, and leadership? How about the "sight test" that you love? Ask several coaches and GMs which of these two players they'd rather have, I guarantee they choose Paul Millsap. Edited by atlbraves93

Is this team better than what we have now? Because that is the team BK had in the second year being the Hawks GM that won a whooping 28 games. Horford, Millsap, and Korver alone can win 30 games. This is the team BK in this third year as GM. 13 games. Actually, BK never had a winning season in all of his years as GM for the Hawks and one playoff appearance. All BK ever did was draft Smoove, bring in Joe, and fail on Marvin and coaches. Danny >>>>> BK

Knight was a terrible drafter and I loathe his face but he put us in position to get high draft picks, the very key for a franchise like ours. Ferry is doing the franchise and himself a disservice not getting a top 7 in 2014 pick you can build around. Knight is a dumb ass but he put us in position for guys like CP3, Deng, Roy, etc. My point is I want Ferry in place to draft guys like this until we are ready to compete like 07 vs. the Celtics.

Like it or not, BK was the GM that got us Joe (in prime), Josh, and Al. He created the nucleus that made us a 5 year playoff team. Ferry is making the same mistake as the previous two GMs, not getting this team a serviceable big. Atleast one with a higher ceiling than Zaza, Twin, or Petro.