Move the Hawks out of the ATL

Guest rivgambino

Guest rivgambino

Seattle would take them in a heartbeat. Bring them back to St Louis? I always wanted Pittsburgh to have a NBA team. Kansas City? Without say Las Vegas for any owner of a team. Atlanta is one of the best cities in America just not for basketball. You want to change the culture then bring in the moving trucks. Now obviously that's not happening but if it did would you support the Hawks? Pretend they went to Pittsburgh and they became the new OKC. What would ya do?

Guest rivgambino

so no support for the franchise if it were ever to leave the city. Possibly worst thread of the day but wasn't aiming for greatness. I take after ownership.

Nope, the Atlanta Hawks are the only pro basketball team I've known. They don't belong to any city other than ours. If they had been to conference finals, and won conference and world titles like, I don't know, EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE SAVE THE CLIPPERS and still had attendance issues, okay. If they had Chris Paul, Andre Iguodala, and Josh Smith, while winning 55+ games a year, contended for titles, played into June, and still had 9,000 empties in the building every night, then your point would be valid. But we all know that isn't the case, don't we? I love these folks who demand other people to pack the arena every night for mid-card talent. It would be like the WWE expecting folks to sell out MSG with Tough Enough graduates headlining the card.I'll say this again; no city would put up with this mess without a full-blown revolt taking place. Boston's place was empty until they got KG and Ray Allen. So was LA's when Cedric Ceballos was their leading scorer. I also remember Phoenix and Sacramento packing their arenas when they were contending; not so much when those painful 50-loss started coming. Don't fault us for having expectations with our $$$. Don't fault us for wanting more from a team that's been here for 45 years without putting up a single banner that matters. That's the investment we've had to deal with. And many of us are still waiting on our payoff. That payoff cannot be done in any other town than ours. End of story. Game. Set. Match.

• Like 3

Posted Image

Actually, Seattle will be getting a expansion team soon and there will be one more and besides Atlanta is one of the oldest NBA teams from the South and leaving Atlanta and its 10th largest TV market will do alot of damage to the NBA. Besides, relocation isnt happen for a long time.

Edited by NekiEcko

Guest rivgambino

A lot of fans support the Hawks because WE ARE FROM ATLANTA, so no, I would not support the Hawks if they played anywhere else. What, do you think we all just volunteered to become Hawks fans? lmao smh

I get it and wouldn't want the Hawks ever to leave Atlanta. I was just bringing it up just to see the reaction which I expected to be negative but looking past that if anyone would stick with them wherever they went to or said F them! I am not from ATL, my office is located there ( I work remotely ) and I became a Hawks fan back in 84 when my cousin was a cheerleader for them & at that age I thought it was cool that I had a cousin who was a Hawks cheerleader and thats how they became my team and I never looked back. I root for OKC and the Clipps ( purely Blake Griffin standpoint ) bc I am an OU alum but I am an Atlanta Hawks fan. Now to answer my own question....if ATL ever moved to another city it would sicken me but they would still be my team until the city ever got a team back.

I would not only be done with the Hawks but the effin NBA if they allowed them to leave town. Plain and simple. Ask me how many seconds of pro hockey I've seen since the Thrashers left; probably around eight. I don't cheer for teams outside of the metro area unless it's my alma mater (GO VOLS!!!!). No other team in any other city save Knoxville even matters...

• Like 1